SP TRANSPORT GROUP LTD

SP TRANSPORT GROUP LTD Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom13 reviews

Mixed feelings

SP Transport, Amazon clearly got them over a barrel, Management under pressure to keep Amazon happy, as a company good but whilst they have a contract with Amazon stay clear, if you want to wee in a bottle daily and not have the chance to eat then multi drops is for you, it’s a amazon blame culture, might work over the pond but not in the UK. If you give it a go rent your own van.

Pros

Guys are hard working but under valued

Cons

To many parcels, management watching you like a hawk, peeing in bottles, late nights, regularly unauthorised deductions from wage.

Worst job I have worked

I would strongly advise for anybody looking for a delivery job to NOT WORK for this company or for Amazon. You get overworked to the point where you cant even have a break, they give you too many parcels to deliver and you cannot go home unless all parcels are delivered, managers do not appreciate you and never have anything posititive too say but have ALOT to say if you do something wrong or not making good time. They expect way too much and I have had a awful experience working for Amazon and this company I suggest anybody to find another delivery job that isnt amazon.

Pros

absolutely nothing.

Cons

Long hours, unappreciative Managers, Too much expectation

Insights into SP TRANSPORT GROUP LTD

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Productive extremely fun place to work.

Great team around you who support you at all times. Can be some what hard work as long as you can find addresses and you have great customer service skills then this is the job for you.

Pros

Company van to use in your own time.

Cons

Some days can be long all depending how quick you are.

Fair and Honest Workplace

A great company to work for if you have ambition and drive. The positions available are mainly driving jobs however progression can be achieved and that's partly due to the recognition you receive by putting in the work. Responsibilities are limited and you are in complete control over what you do in a day. Wages are paid on time and to date I have had no issues relating to the pay. Even when damaging my van that i rented from them the charges were cheaper than what i thought it would be to repair and i was offered a payment plan at what was affordable to me. I didn't get paid my last weeks pay before leaving, which is understandable due to there being an outstanding amount to pay and i think is the case with any driver that leaves before paying off anything owed. It is a risk being self employed however working with SP Transport has proved to be positive. I got to keep my van and use it in my personal time which gave me a mode of transport as insurance is very costly for me. The job can be a little stressful when the route sequence isn't the best or when customer's don't leave proper instructions where to leave their parcels however it the same where ever you go when you work for a company that does work for amazon. I think SP Transport is trying to make the best out of a bad situation. If I was asked the question whether I would come back to SP transport I would confidently say 'yes I would'. Would it be for amazon? 'Maybe not'

Pros

Van to use in my own time, Flexible working hours, Paid weekly

Cons

Working for Amazon

Great team to work allside

the managers are really helpful and have personally helped when it was needed, got the right guidance and help the drivers are really supportive in my initial week and getting on with everyone

The best place to work ;)

I am happy to be a part of SP Transport family the process was smooth and well informed, orientation was also very good. Overall experience is good. Compulsory training is informative and helpful.Great weekly pay.

Pros

Pay

Cons

cannot work 7 days ;(

Worst company I have ever worked for.

By far the worst company I have ever worked for. Never paid correctly or on time not to mention the pittance they pay for the hours they expect you to do. Absolutely no work/life balance and there is no such thing as leading by example with them. Avoid at all costs!

Pros

Cons

Long hours, no work/life balance & bad rates of pay if you are lucky enough to get paid at all!

Unreasonable

Work is never guaranteed yet you still pay rent. I did it for a few weeks and u was only 3 days a week on average so for 30-40 hours worked I came out with less £3 pH on average before expenses which are are UNDERPAID. other companies offer much better rates for same roll. the worst is the poorest any most unprofessional management style and communication you will ever experience.

Pros

Cons

long hours, underpaid

Long hours fast paced over worked

Started off a decent company to work for then quickly turned out to be a nightmare. Over worked long hours, not paid on time owed money. Management have tendancy to be rude. Avoid and work for different agency.

Pros

Friendly bunch of drivers

Cons

Managers and owner

Friendly management

Nice environment made it from management, how much they can in a stressful job for Amazon who doesn't care about drivers, who force and expose the drivers to risk everything from health to safety....

Hard work, fast pace

This is a multi drop position so don't expect it to be easy.Days can be upto 10 hours but the more experienced you are the quick you become.Get days off just by requesting with notice. Weekly paid into bank

Pros

Good pay

Not good at all

This lot needs to be stopped now Amazon has been contacted about this dangerous practice too many parcels not having proper breaks drivers being abused wages not paid at all Amazon are.aware of the company

Pros

Cons

No breaks at all

Work like a slave for free

Joke they pay your wages on time or at all you work 12 hour days and then they just don't pay your wages at all disgrace of a firm they work you like a slave with no brears at all

Pros

Cons

They don't pay you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SP TRANSPORT GROUP LTD. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement