Special Needs Care LTD

Special Needs Care LTD Employee Reviews

United Kingdom21 reviews

Good career I hadn't considered previously

I have enjoyed my time at SNC. It wasn't something i knew much about or what it involved when i got the job there but after some time working for the company I have been able to do lots of training and am now doing q qualification and hoping to progress and have a career doing this.It can't be a hard job and stressful at times especially when you have behaviour but so much fun and nice to see progression of service users over time and being able to te h them things especially with help from active support staff. Because you work so closely with other staff and work at weekends and shifts it feels like family and the team in my service are more friends now than colleagues.The pay is better then most care jobs round here and the overtime pay is good now. It's hard to say no to shift cover when asked sometimes as you know the service users will benefit and you do get asked a lot to cover but otherwise the shifts are pretty flexible and have fitted around my other stuff easily. It's quite a big company now so you don't know everyone anymore but it's good as there seems more opportunities to get promoted.

A brilliant company

Loved working here. Staff too stuck in their ways but learned a lot from them. Clients were lovely. Manager was great, listened, took action when needed, good vision for service.

Pros

Clients lovely to be with, good organisation, good pay

Cons

Staff resisted change, they felt underappreciated

Insights into Special Needs Care LTD

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Inclusive work environment

Dont do it

Having worked for this company its not the best. Management let's the company down massively some shouldn't even be classed as a manager nor should they even be anywhere near care, no compassion or commitment just there as ceo won't sack them. Company would be better if the registered manager could get rid of this management click and bring in outside managers who actually care. Long days Most of the time 14hour shifts and doing multiple days of 14hours which leads to tired staff and then on well earned rest days you get phone call after phone call to come in. You get moved from around the company all the time sometimes moving to 3 different houses in one day. No home life balance. Now you told your either going to avoid or see for your self

Pros

Service users, some staff

Cons

Long hours, no homelife, management

Great company with amazing people.

Working for Special Needs Care has been amazing. I've been made to feel so welcome and have loved every minute of my time with them. Would highly recommend to anyone wanting to work with a growing business that really value people.

Pros

The people

Disorganised, rude, disrespectful and judgmental

I only worked for the company for a short period of time. I left the job due to the managers not being supportive with my mental health and previous commitments I had before working for the company. The people we support were amazing and like any day in work you have your ups and downs. On the other hand, trying to do your best in work doesn't help when you have the managers constantly ringing or texting you to pick up shifts, stay longer, being moved etc. They don't care how they treat their staff and how their staff feel. Even though I am no longer working for the company, the company have gotten worse. Due to only caring about getting the shifts covered and the company getting the money they receive from the council. The Managers do not care about the people we support in the company. They are more than happy to have them go without their 1:1 support, having the daily routines messed up, put staff who don't know the house in there and move the staff they people we support trust and know.The managers only care about themselves and the other managers. They rather finish on time each day rather than going to the houses if the company are short staffed. The managers are very rude and disrespectful. Most managers have judged me and my mental health. Some managers have made me cry due to a meeting about my mental health and made me feel like I was worthless. They do understand or acknowledge how you feel.There are so many secrets within the company that really ain't secrets and most staff know what goes on in the company. Mainly due to the way the managers act both inside -

Pros

Service users make the day

Cons

Managers, hours, constant phone calls, pay, shift patterns

Fun work with flexible hours

I left snc a few years ago to return back to my country but during my time at snc I had a great enjoyable time.I worked in a number of locations and gained lots of experience. At times it was hard as was doing long hours but this was my own choice and if I did too many hours my manager would support me to have a better work and home life balance.My biggest shock was the company is solely paper based as this is uncommon in other places in the UK and back at home.Snc appeared to be a good place for opportunity if you wished to progress but also good experience too if you wanted to gain more knowledge on health and social care.

Pros

Money, opportunities for hours, nice approach from the top down.

Cons

House log paperwork should be on a pc instead of paper.

Fun work environment, supportive staff, great clients.

Worked at SNC for 5 years. Thoroughly enjoyed my time there and made some great friends. I found the staff to be very helpful and I never felt isolated even when working on solo shifts. The work structure was not pretty flexible so could fit around personal schedule. The companies focus is about the wellbeing of the service users, if your priority is to provide the best service you can it can be extremely rewarding not to mention great fun! It can be a challenging job at times but I never felt as if there was something i couldn’t do without the backing of the management team and training. The service users are great and once you develop relationships with them you genuinely miss them once you leave your shift. Would recommend SNC to anyone at any stage in their career. If you put the effort in to be a helpful member of staff it will be quickly recognised and rewarded. There’s good times to be had and friends to be made

Pros

Service users. Helpful management. Friendly staff.

Cons

Can be tiring after a long shift

Great memories of this company

I worked at SNC for over three years and loved every minute. Working with the service users was so rewarding & helped me learn so much about where I wanted my career to go. Within the house I worked at, the staff team worked collaboratively and always had the service users as their focus. Management made regular checks to ensure they were getting the very best care and dealt with issues when they raised. It is hard work and at times fast paced but that is to be expected when caring for others daily. I loved working here!

Pros

Amazing service users, good team work & a happy work environment

Excellent place to work

Wonderful team of staff, always pleasant. Accuracy when being paid your hours has always been spot on for me. Lovely persons we support. Great understanding and management are always open to helping staff if they are having trouble in their personal out of work life and or at work.

Appalling work culture

Toxic work culture. The only place I have worked where I have felt consistently victamised and bullied. It is very difficult to speak out about safeguarding concerns and issues without feeling punished or pushed against. There is little support to resolve the issues. I felt very sad leaving this job as I knew that some residents would continue to be mistreated without any action taken to rectify the issue.

Pros

Service users

Cons

Owner, Structure, management, cultur, Hr

A nice evolving company

What can I say about my time at special needs care... I enjoyed the relax feel of my interview and got to meet my house manager on the second interview/informal chat who was very informative as they had been a support worker in the house before being promoted. The hours can be long but rewarded, like most care jobs. I enjoyed meeting the service users and going on activities with them. I found my manager mostly approacheable and enjoyed the relaxed feeling in the office especially with HR. The company has doubled in the last year or so and has managed to still keep its approacheable nature. Biggest downside is the amount of paperwork which can be confusing at times but having a helpful and supportive senior helped me understand most of it. Whilst I left due to personal reasons I would recommend this company and hope to work with them in the future.

Pros

Service Users, fun atmosphere in houses, some nice staff

Cons

gossipin

Avoid! Toxic Workplace and Unprofessional.

How is this company still trading? It violates TUPE terms and conditions and does not pay its staff the legal level of Holiday Pay. Yet it is contracted to a Local Authority.The work culture reflects the lack of Professionalism which cascades from the very top: it is toxic and consists of wall to wall bullying. If staff question what passes for 'Management', they will be subject to machinations and find their hours reduced or rescinded. Social Services are continually investigating 'Safeguarding' issues. Avoid these 'cowboys', one of the worst examples of Private Care provision.

Pros

None.

Absolute shambles. Avoid

Management are incompetent, ladder climbing money grabbers. Profit over people every single time. They don’t care about their staff and it shows. They’re cold hearted and without compassion. Do yourself a favour and avoid this company. They also bully staff and do nothing about other staff doing so. For a care company, I’ve never seen such a lack of compassion. AVOID

Pros

The job itself is rewarding

Cons

Everything else

Not a good place to work

Service users and their families are great. Managers talk about staff behind their back. Some managers use bullying to get the job done which is not ideal.

Pros

Owner takes staff to bar in Chester every Friday

Care Company

The basic ethics expected of a care company and its employees never mind policies and procedures are not adhered to. Knowing what I know I would not want a relative of mine being "supported" by this company. So sad when one of the most vulnerable amazing groups of people are living at the hands of this company. Care company it is not.

Do not work here

Poor management, they favour people who are in the management clique. You will be pushed to breaking point and your mental health will be affected. They like people who they can manipulate and employ people who have no qualifications. They abuse there staff and there service users. I urge you not to work here.

The job is what you make of it

I previously worked for Special Needs Care and thoroughly enjoyed my time working with such fantastic people. I find that the staff who complain are the staff who are unmotivated. This job is what you make it and I really enjoyed supporting the service users to complete their activities and achieve their goals. If you want the hours and you are committed and reliable the hours are available to pick up as additional. The management are approachable, understanding and appreciate the hard working staff. Overall Special Needs Care is a lovely company to work for with opportunities to progress and training opportunities. I will miss working with the fantastic service users but I am off to pastures new.

Pros

Employee of the month, flexible hours

Good pay and team

Good pay for the job that it is. working with a good team of others and always doing different things every day with service users. Easy to ask questions and talk to management as they are around quite a lot of the time and on shift. Good training to come into the job with no experience of the role previously and supportive teams to learn from. Seems to be quite a lot of ways to get promoted or to move around if you want a change.

Pros

Good pay, Good staff to work with, varied days

Cons

Shifts

Hard but Rewarding

Like any care/support job in the health and social care sector, there are hard & difficult times but there are also positive & rewarding times. Special Needs Care has a great staff team who genuinely care for the service users however, there are always some uneducated or disgruntled ex-employees that have minimal understanding of regulations or legislation which dictates how the company has to operate which of course lets the company down. At the end of the day, the service users & their happiness is the most important part of the job and the staff do come second however - isn’t this expected of working in a care role? The rate of pay is good and exceeds national living wage, there is flexibility in working with the service users and as long as you support people to a high standard, the management team are no problem - do you job, simple!

Pros

Pays Local Living Wage

Cons

Long Hours, Unpredictability

Productive and rewarding job environment

A good place to work. Nice and friendly staff. Service users are well taken care of and supported to carry out daily activities, attend hospital appointments and appropriately integrate into society.

Pros

Engagement in activities

Great Job but long hours

A typical day including assisting or prompting clients with every aspect of daily living. I Tend to worked on my own for long periods of time mainly over 3- 4 days and was ask most of the time told my shift changes last minute which lead me to working 3-4 days straight without going home as these were sleep-in nights and got told no one else would cover. The only hard bit in this company was being heard by the manager team but i fully enjoyed working with their clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Special Needs Care LTD. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement