Spicerhaart logo
Spicerhaart

Spicerhaart Employee Reviews

Over worked under paid

If you work hard you get nowhere, if you are a brown nose you get far. Not a good environment for your confidence or self esteem. Promises of promotion if ..... but it never happens even if you hit targets. Restructuring means demotion

Pros

Varied work

Cons

Unrealistic targets, incentives of trips abroad very few workers go but all management go

Awful company

Think twice about taking a job with spicerhaart. They'll make you think you're part of the 'family' but drop you as quick. Commission is awful. Hours are long and little thanks for it

Pros

Non

Cons

Long hours, poor commission

Bad experience

I enjoyed the job up until around a year ago. The pandemic hit, was furloughed around April time which was fair and then taken back. From the day I came back to Spicerhaart nothing but regret in my mind. New management took over and they were not interested in staff well-being only how much money you were making them. Under constant pressure and as I said you were not checked upon. You only heard from management if you were doing something wrong. All the staff I’ve spoken with are unhappy the reviews on here speak for themselves.

Pros

Pay ok

Cons

Stressful work. Under appreciated

Busy but fun team led culture

A great place to work, great team culture, super inter company culture and events. Good company investment into its IT infrastructure. Approachable c level management.

Pros

A great team

Cons

Small team, busy busy busy

No job security, stressful work

The team are lovely, supervisors are a mixed bag and management couldn’t care less. They let a lot of people go just before lockdown, no furlough, and it’s pretty stressful.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

No job security

Like to be shouted at?

In all honesty the staff (not management ) were the only good thing, oh and maybe the sandwich lady. There was no job progression, if you wasn't hitting target you was shouted at in front of the whole centre. Training was not really there you would just sit with someone and told to watch then expected to go solo after. if management didnt hit their target they would take it out on individuals . saw staff walk out many of times after confrontation with a manager Not professional at all. They would judge everyone coming in for an interview based on what they look like. Sink or swim they say..

Pros

the agents

Cons

being shouted at all the time, lack of progression, poor management, lack of support

Absolutely awful

Worked with Spicerhaart for 9 months after being in estate agency for 17 years. Awful company talk all about 'family' would not want to be in their family if that's how they treat family. Ridiculous targets, threats of job loss if not hitting them. I've worked for bigger corporate companies and have never wanted to leave a negative review but Spicerhaart must be avoided at all costs.

Pros

Non

Cons

Low commisson. Long working days

Very poor

Worst company I have ever worked for. Negative signs from the start, I went in for 2 ‘interviews’ within a 4 month period not once was I asked any relevant questions. Very slow process. Once I started I was unable to work on computers for the first 2 weeks as my employee number wasn’t ready. I had no training and was just expected to work as a fully trained sales negotiator, baring in mind I had never worked in this line of work before. The worst management, which was known to the other employees also. No support and was just left to my own devices. Commission for a sale of a house is diabolical. Work and life balance was awful, had to work every Saturday and never 2 days off together. No furlough, no reason as to why, no expenses paid back, I could go on and on... you’re just a number.

Over worked and underpaid

Initially I enjoyed working for this company however I feel one of the main problems was the regional partner who would consistently make you feel like you’re not very good at your job despite all the hard work you have put in. She was very good at criticising you and telling you what you had done wrong but wouldn’t give you any constructive criticism or any extra coaching to show you how it should be done. You would be made to feel like you should be grateful for being paid less than minimum wage as your basic salary for working 50 hours plus a week. I found the visits from the regional partner pointless as she would spend the day gossiping about other people in the region who she didn’t like. I felt very unappreciated and treated was like a child because you were constantly monitored. There was not much opportunity for career progression. Myself and my other colleagues were held back from progression by the regional partner. I was told I’m not hitting my unrealistic targets consistently so I won’t get a promotion but I wasn’t offered any help to try and improve this, I think the only way of getting a promotion here is if you were her favourite. It’s a shame because I did like the people who I worked with but because I wanted to have a life outside of work as well and this is just not possible with this job. I wouldn’t mind putting in all of this hard work if it was actually appreciated and reflected in my pay but sadly it was not. I would strongly advise to stay away from working at this company or at least in the Warwickshire region.

a typical day at work. ? 8 till 6.

Asked to do too many hours, so when you are off you’re shattered and poor basic pay and petrol expenses. 6 day weeks are a killer. Very poor computer systems that slow you down, whilst your competitors are far quicker as they are not bogged down with bureaucracy. Company have lost many strong employees

Dont work here

Worst place I've ever worked, no support just always telling people they're not doing enough even when you achieve your target that day. Always threaten your job and the manager only speaks to her favourites the rest get ignored

Pros

Pay is okay

Cons

Boring, horrible people, cliques all over

Slave labour hours

47 hour working week with managers making money off the hard work of sales negotiators. Minimum wage basics for such a long working week. No time for yourself or family

Pressurised and Unprofessional

A typical day at work starts at 08:00 setting up for the morning meeting at 08:30am where you discuss the previous days events and the days appointments. The most enjoyable part of the job is your family (office team) and spending time getting through the weeks with them. The hardest part of the job is staying motivated throughout the continuous admin tasks, conference calls, demoralising emails, high budgets/kpis. There have been occasions where managers have been forced to cancel their annual leave to staff shortages and the high turnover of staff within the business.

Worst job ever

Management here are nothing but rubbish apart from one. There was no support what so ever.. no one has job security. Everyone’s probations get extended. Pretty much half of the staff want to leave. They have a high turn over. Don’t apply here And don’t even think about asking for help, you will get shouted at... worst job I have ever had!

Spicer-no-haart

They just make you work like robots and you can't have your own opinion about anything. Even when all work was completed you had to sit in total silence and it was the most soul destroying company I worked for.

Felt unsupported as soon as I needed help

I felt this job was great until you required help from The management team, though I was open about my issues I found them to be lacking in care of staff or support, I heard negative things regarding staff off sick which lead me to believe that my job was not safe. I found their sickness guidelines ridiculous and completely unobtainable.

Great Company to work for

I thoroughly enjoy my role as a Talent Specialist for Just Mortgages. Everyone I speak to is so passionate and enthusiastic about Just Mortgages. The Divisional Sales Directors and The Financial Sales Directors are very supportive and provides me with lots of recognition. I have never had a bad experience with the hiring managers, they are all such great supporters in everything I do.

Pros

Flexible, good working environment, open door policy

You get what you put in

The culture of the company is very much family orientated, it's replicated throughout every member of staff I've worked with. You're always made to feel welcome and everyone is generally friendly and willing to help. I like that Spicerhaart are investing in their staff and working on focusing on providing 5 star customer service, always.

Pros

Flexible working, friendly team members, supportive managers + incentives

Cons

Salary/pay packages could be reviewed to be more location specific/relevant

Trainee mortgage advisor

Not a great experience as was told to unlearn everything I was taught in my 3 weeks of training once I started meeting clients. Criticised for using the same selling tactics the company teach on their own course !! No continuity within the company. Manager reluctant to help with simple queries considering this is a trainee role and Micromanagement from day one . Unwilling to support requests for more training . Such a shame as I only believe this is happening in the London area ! Based in an estate agent where the leads should be coming from but instead was advised to hand out business cards to shop keepers on the high street . Poor

Pros

Great training team

Cons

Managers in place with poor people skills

Modern day slave labour. Worst company ive ever worked for in 25 years

They fire you or move you when you start to build your commission pipeline so that they dont have to pay out. Most staff are young 20's and have no property experience. Good people are not rewarded. Haart is purely a shop window to drive cross sales of legals and mortgages. Founder has stripped all of the equity out of the business. Stay well away. You will be spat out when it suits them. You will work like a dog for next to nothing.

Pros

None!

Cons

Many!

good, but no for everyone

good but not for everyone if you have been here a while you will be OK but new people will always come and go as there are to many bum chums in this office

Pros

free car

Cons

bum chums in the office

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spicerhaart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement