Spinal Homecare

Spinal Homecare Employee Reviews

I started with Spinal Homecare in February 2021. I had previous experience of care with other companies but not done live-in care before. The training and support given was at a high level which was suitable for me to carry out my job. If ever there are any issues with anything, management are always at the other end of the phone or email in order to offer support. Staff are assigned a mentor and the mentor will support in any way possible. The company works around your availability as much as possible. The job role is very rewarding and the company are supportive of their staff.

Absolutely horrendous, avoid at all costs if you ever want time off.

Awful awful company to work for, do not care about the clients or carers at all as long as they are getting payed. They’ll employ anyone it does not matter but don’t be expected to get any time off as they will guilt trip you into ‘extending’ and if you say no they’ll tell you they don’t have any cover for your client, they’ll have you working 24/7 if you let them. Management do not have a clue and are extremely unsupportive. The lazier you are in your job the more you will be liked. You’ll never be listened to if there’s a problem. They will just brush it under the carpet. All they care about is covering a client regardless of the clients needs. If you are actually a caring person avoid at all costs because you’ll get trapped.

Pros

Nice placement

Cons

Worked 24/7 for weeks on end, unsupportive manager

An excellent company to work for

I first started employment with Spinal Home Care in June 2018 as a Carer/Personal Assistant. The training and support I received was exceptional has it gave me the confidence and ability to carry out my job to a very high standard. The office staff are always on hand to support you whenever needed and go above and beyond their duties in doing so. I’ve gained a lot of experience in my time whilst working as a Carer and have met some life long friends and wonderful people along the way. I gained promotion within the company in September 2020 and now work as a Project Manager, which I love as its varied, challenging and rewarding. I would wholeheartedly recommend to anyone who is wanting to be a Carer to come and work for Spinal Home Care because they are an excellent company to work for and I for one am glad to be a part of the exceptional service and support they provide both to their clients and employees.

Pros

Flexible working hours, good rate of pay, supportive staff

Great company to work for!

I am new to in live-in care, and am very impressed by the management’s efficiency and clear communication. The mandatory care course was well conducted (online due to covid) by very knowledgable staff which made me feel less stressed about my first assignment. The staff is always available for questions and support. Salary and benefits are very good, though personally I am finding the 2 week on 1 week off rota quite an adjustment. Some days are easier than others and it can be hard work - physically & mentally, so the 1 wk off is really a moment to catch up on rest.One has to be patient, willing to be the client’s arms and legs and do things the way they’d have done themselves, and be willing to go the extra mile and think on your feet. It can be very rewarding work though, giving back to others and getting paid well for your time.

Pros

Flexible work (hours & location), adding value to another person’s life. Good salary & benefits.

Cons

Long days, hard work physically & mentally.

Respectful environment

Since I started work for spinal my life has been changed.. I have previous experience but in another company and I wasn’t happy.When I started with spinal it was easy to fall in love again in my job.Management is amazing and reliable and for sure they hear us and client needs. Very respectful towards employees which is very important. If you do your job properly they will make sure that you feel comfortable.I’m really truly happy to be part of this company.

Great team

Good people to work with and for 🙏 Communication is great, everything is resolved and dealt with very quickly and professionally. Overall very happy to work for Spinal.

Very good company!

I am only just over a month into working for Spinal Homecare, however, so far they have given me no reason for me to believe that they weren’t the right company for me to work for. The interview was arranged quickly and I was told within hours that I had the job. I was given a start date for my training and I was trained and ready to start work within 2 week. I was given my first client whilst at the training course and I have remained with this client. It’s fast paced but this is also to do with my client and not all clients are fast paced. If you are willing to work hard and put the effort in, you will enjoy your job and spainal will ensure you are well looked after. This isn’t a job for you to want random Friday nights off, it’s a live in carer job, so be willing to sacrifice some occasions when you are down to work. Great money and support!

Pros

Good money, Good clients, Spinal listen to your needs and ensure you are comfortable and happy with your placements.

Cons

None so far.

Life changing

I have been at spinal 6 weeks absolutely love it . The level of care they enable you to give to private clients is very rewarding . The training was excellent and the ongoing support from the office is excellent . I highly recommend them as a company to work for .

The job can be challenging but very rewarding.

I have only worked for Spinal for a short time but I have found the company to be good as a whole. The work is flexible and you get plenty of time off. While on placement the hours can be long and the work can sometimes be draining physically and mentally but you do get plenty of time off during the day and the rewards make it worth it. If you are unhappy on a placement the management will aim to have somebody replace you and you are not forced to return to a placement you aren’t happy with. I have had no problems with needing certain dates off. I have had no problems with pay or expenses.

Pros

Flexible + rewarding.

Cons

Work can be hard.

Lovely to work with Spinal Homecare

I've applied in March 2018 and started working with them in May same year. I need it some time off just for myself before I start my new job with a new company. The HR team and the training team where well organized and supportive if you had any issues. The training is given by a professional team and you get a lot of information in 5 days. So get yourself prepared to boost your knowledge about what it means to work as PA. Even if you think you know everything, there's still lots of information you might find it very useful. Also, your practical skills in moving and handling will be tested at the training. Your manager is always there for you if you have any issues or concerns.

Pros

Nice clients and colleagues to work with, good wage

Cons

Sometimes you need to work long hours but other days you are less busy.

Jobs at Spinal Homecare

See more jobs

A company trying to sugarcoat its cracks.

Spinal provided me with excellent training however when I found myself in difficult situations with clients I was told it was my fault. I had been working ridiculous hours which wasn’t normal, I was told when I was exhausted and felt like I was going to make a mistake that we signed up for the working time directive. Pay / ok, could be better for the time and effort we put into the clients. Use your own transport, they will find the cheapest and most inconvenient train ticket for you. Joke.

Pros

2 weeks on/2 weeks off Training

Cons

Dog hours. Communication. Breaks

Official response from Spinal Homecare

16 July 2018
I’m sorry to read you’ve had a bad experience. Please do contact Head Office / your manager to raise a complaint, enabling us to investigate the issues mentioned. Feel free to email me direct at glyn@spinalhomecare.co.uk and I will forward it on to the appropriate person. I look forward to your email Kind regards,Glyn RoseUK Recruitment ManagerSpinal Homecare Services

Care and compassion and teaching

Spinal home care deserve to be recognised as an amazing and supportive and hard working agency. For all of us carers. They are always committed to finding us work and on a daily basis are on hand to support you, and always polite and generally nice people. Thank you Spinal Homecare for the amazing opportunities and career you have given me. Jus

Pros

Support and constant work

Cons

N/a

I have been with Spinal for a short period. Coming with no experience, they provide training and continued support. The management are friendly and understand the needs of their clients and their employees. The whole process of recruitment was simple and informative.

Pros

Flexible work

Great Company, Friendly and Supportive Staff

I have been working for Spinal Home Care for six weeks and have found the office staff to be really reasonable, supportive and friendly people - I can't emphasise this enough. It has been a really pleasant surprise. They also work effectively and efficiently and I have had no problems with getting any admin stuff done like booking train tickets, wages, expenses etc. They have been very professional and organised. I think most of the office staff have actually worked as carers and this makes a big difference. They understand your situation in a very practical way and realistic way and have realistic expectations. They are very supportive and always available to speak to. I have explored othet care agencies and I feel that SHC is the best I have seen so far. They provide a food allowance on top of the wage, they pay travel expenses which they arrange, their training and accommodation for the training is free, they also paid the travel expenses for the training - other agencies I have seen don't do this. They don't put any pressure on you to work with clients you might not get on with. They call you during your placement to see if you are ok. I found the recruitment process to be very smooth and easy, it was not laborious or complicated. It was straight forward and painless. I feel like I am in good hands with people who are skilled at what they do understanding the emotional difficulties clients and carers might face. I am delighted to be working here and can honestly say that so far it is one of the best companies I have worked for. What a relief -

Pros

Supportive, experienced, professional office staff, interesting clients, food allowance, travel expenses paid

Cons

Can't think of any

Very supportive and young team

I contacted the company through Indeed and they contacted me in a short time. As I was abroad at the time they offered me the possibility of making the interview with FaceTime. I went to the 5 days training, they paid an amount for the trip and they provided accommodation in a nice hostel nearby. The training was intense but they make it become easy to complete. Most of the times you will have a placement before finishing it, you will need to have a clean driving license. I found the team well prepared, very kind and young attitude, very professional and focused in making you achieve your best version as a personal assistant as well as provide the best service for their clients I think is a good company to work for, and the experience will for sure will enrich your career.

Pros

One free week every two or three weeks of work

Great company

What a great company! 4 days of training down in Kendal which was very informative and helpful considering I had never done anything like it before. You can be placed anywhere and if you don't get on with your client don't worry, you don't have to go back again! it can be long days depending on your client or your days can go in pretty fast if you have an active or chatty client. I really enjoyed my time here and would recommend it to anyone but maybe not suitable of you have a family of your own as sometimes I was out for 3 weeks at a time.

Pros

money, free time, some clients

Cons

could be long shifts and sleepless nights at times

Very supportive

I've been with the company for a few months.. And I've found the office to be very supportive and friendly. The service users I've worked with have all been lovely and supportive as this is a new role for me. Very rewarding job if care is the job for you. Absolutely love my job.

Pros

Flexavle and supportive

Cons

It can be intense but really rewarding if your up to it.

Worked with spinal 6 months, I found it really flexible like I said it's intense and not for everyone but if you can manage the placements very rewarding, I have a regular client and find time for the gym and get my down time ect. They generally match clients and carers well. Have been able to take time off for travel and pick up plenty of work when I want so good in that aspect.

Pros

Flexible work.

Cons

Can be hard living away.

A chance to really care for someone

Really enjoying my job for this agency. A chance to get away from red tape and really care and become involved in other people's lives. You are made to feel a valued member of the team and office are supportive. This is an emotionally challenging job at times but very rewarding as you go through the ups and downs of working with those who have had life changing injuries. Good experience working with this agency.

Pros

Regular time off in between placement. Really rewarding job.

Cons

It is long hours when with a client.

Compensation work

Although I do not have much experience, I am satisfied with this work. We learn many things, especially helping others, feels useful. I have time for myself, reading, watching TV, contacting my family. I had a lot of support during the training, and the whole process of insertion in this work. Whenever I need help, the office staff is always available to me. I recommend you try it.

Pros

Time for me

Cons

Sometimes many hours

Come and work with us

Been working with spinal since November 2015....I've worked with a few various clients and enjoyed every placement....hours are actually quite good and pay is good too....girls in the office are always ready to help and advise if you need them ....work life balance has worked out well with me having an 8 month old at home. ...so.... Come and see what we do !

Pros

See new places

Cons

Can have alot of down time on placements so bring a book /knitting or something

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spinal Homecare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4