Spinal Homecare

Spinal Homecare Employee Reviews

Good people to work with and for 🙏 Communication is great, everything is resolved and dealt with very quickly and professionally. Overall very happy to work for Spinal.
I am only just over a month into working for Spinal Homecare, however, so far they have given me no reason for me to believe that they weren’t the right company for me to work for. The interview was arranged quickly and I was told within hours that I had the job. I was given a start date for my training and I was trained and ready to start work within 2 week. I was given my first client whilst at the training course and I have remained with this client. It’s fast paced but this is also to do with my client and not all clients are fast paced. If you are willing to work hard and put the effort in, you will enjoy your job and spainal will ensure you are well looked after. This isn’t a job for you to want random Friday nights off, it’s a live in carer job, so be willing to sacrifice some occasions when you are down to work. Great money and support!
Pros
Good money, Good clients, Spinal listen to your needs and ensure you are comfortable and happy with your placements.
Cons
None so far.
I have been at spinal 6 weeks absolutely love it . The level of care they enable you to give to private clients is very rewarding . The training was excellent and the ongoing support from the office is excellent . I highly recommend them as a company to work for .
I have only worked for Spinal for a short time but I have found the company to be good as a whole. The work is flexible and you get plenty of time off. While on placement the hours can be long and the work can sometimes be draining physically and mentally but you do get plenty of time off during the day and the rewards make it worth it. If you are unhappy on a placement the management will aim to have somebody replace you and you are not forced to return to a placement you aren’t happy with. I have had no problems with needing certain dates off. I have had no problems with pay or expenses.
Pros
Flexible + rewarding.
Cons
Work can be hard.
I've applied in March 2018 and started working with them in May same year. I need it some time off just for myself before I start my new job with a new company. The HR team and the training team where well organized and supportive if you had any issues. The training is given by a professional team and you get a lot of information in 5 days. So get yourself prepared to boost your knowledge about what it means to work as PA. Even if you think you know everything, there's still lots of information you might find it very useful. Also, your practical skills in moving and handling will be tested at the training. Your manager is always there for you if you have any issues or concerns.
Pros
Nice clients and colleagues to work with, good wage
Cons
Sometimes you need to work long hours but other days you are less busy.
Spinal provided me with excellent training however when I found myself in difficult situations with clients I was told it was my fault. I had been working ridiculous hours which wasn’t normal, I was told when I was exhausted and felt like I was going to make a mistake that we signed up for the working time directive. Pay / ok, could be better for the time and effort we put into the clients. Use your own transport, they will find the cheapest and most inconvenient train ticket for you. Joke.
Pros
2 weeks on/2 weeks off Training
Cons
Dog hours. Communication. Breaks
Official response from Spinal Homecare
16 July 2018
I’m sorry to read you’ve had a bad experience. Please do contact Head Office / your manager to raise a complaint, enabling us to investigate the issues mentioned. Feel free to email me direct at glyn@spinalhomecare.co.uk and I will forward it on to the appropriate person. I look forward to your email Kind regards,Glyn RoseUK Recruitment ManagerSpinal Homecare Services
Spinal home care deserve to be recognised as an amazing and supportive and hard working agency. For all of us carers. They are always committed to finding us work and on a daily basis are on hand to support you, and always polite and generally nice people. Thank you Spinal Homecare for the amazing opportunities and career you have given me. Jus
Pros
Support and constant work
Cons
N/a
I have been with Spinal for a short period. Coming with no experience, they provide training and continued support. The management are friendly and understand the needs of their clients and their employees. The whole process of recruitment was simple and informative.
Pros
Flexible work
Cons
I have been working for Spinal Home Care for six weeks and have found the office staff to be really reasonable, supportive and friendly people - I can't emphasise this enough. It has been a really pleasant surprise. They also work effectively and efficiently and I have had no problems with getting any admin stuff done like booking train tickets, wages, expenses etc. They have been very professional and organised. I think most of the office staff have actually worked as carers and this makes a big difference. They understand your situation in a very practical way and realistic way and have realistic expectations. They are very supportive and always available to speak to. I have explored othet care agencies and I feel that SHC is the best I have seen so far. They provide a food allowance on top of the wage, they pay travel expenses which they arrange, their training and accommodation for the training is free, they also paid the travel expenses for the training - other agencies I have seen don't do this. They don't put any pressure on you to work with clients you might not get on with. They call you during your placement to see if you are ok. I found the recruitment process to be very smooth and easy, it was not laborious or complicated. It was straight forward and painless. I feel like I am in good hands with people who are skilled at what they do understanding the emotional difficulties clients and carers might face. I am delighted to be working here and can honestly say that so far it is one of the best companies I have worked for. What a relief - more...
Pros
Supportive, experienced, professional office staff, interesting clients, food allowance, travel expenses paid
Cons
Can't think of any
I contacted the company through Indeed and they contacted me in a short time. As I was abroad at the time they offered me the possibility of making the interview with FaceTime. I went to the 5 days training, they paid an amount for the trip and they provided accommodation in a nice hostel nearby. The training was intense but they make it become easy to complete. Most of the times you will have a placement before finishing it, you will need to have a clean driving license. I found the team well prepared, very kind and young attitude, very professional and focused in making you achieve your best version as a personal assistant as well as provide the best service for their clients I think is a good company to work for, and the experience will for sure will enrich your career.
Pros
One free week every two or three weeks of work
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Spinal Homecare?
What a great company! 4 days of training down in Kendal which was very informative and helpful considering I had never done anything like it before. You can be placed anywhere and if you don't get on with your client don't worry, you don't have to go back again! it can be long days depending on your client or your days can go in pretty fast if you have an active or chatty client. I really enjoyed my time here and would recommend it to anyone but maybe not suitable of you have a family of your own as sometimes I was out for 3 weeks at a time.
Pros
money, free time, some clients
Cons
could be long shifts and sleepless nights at times
I've been with the company for a few months.. And I've found the office to be very supportive and friendly. The service users I've worked with have all been lovely and supportive as this is a new role for me. Very rewarding job if care is the job for you. Absolutely love my job.
Pros
Flexavle and supportive
Cons
Worked with spinal 6 months, I found it really flexible like I said it's intense and not for everyone but if you can manage the placements very rewarding, I have a regular client and find time for the gym and get my down time ect. They generally match clients and carers well. Have been able to take time off for travel and pick up plenty of work when I want so good in that aspect.
Pros
Flexible work.
Cons
Can be hard living away.
Really enjoying my job for this agency. A chance to get away from red tape and really care and become involved in other people's lives. You are made to feel a valued member of the team and office are supportive. This is an emotionally challenging job at times but very rewarding as you go through the ups and downs of working with those who have had life changing injuries. Good experience working with this agency.
Pros
Regular time off in between placement. Really rewarding job.
Cons
It is long hours when with a client.
Although I do not have much experience, I am satisfied with this work. We learn many things, especially helping others, feels useful. I have time for myself, reading, watching TV, contacting my family. I had a lot of support during the training, and the whole process of insertion in this work. Whenever I need help, the office staff is always available to me. I recommend you try it.
Pros
Time for me
Cons
Sometimes many hours
Been working with spinal since November 2015....I've worked with a few various clients and enjoyed every placement....hours are actually quite good and pay is good too....girls in the office are always ready to help and advise if you need them ....work life balance has worked out well with me having an 8 month old at home. ...so.... Come and see what we do !
Pros
See new places
Cons
Can have alot of down time on placements so bring a book /knitting or something
Spinal have you working from 7am - 10pm for as many days as possible. you will be covering for other carers constantly and guilted into doing so. when you are ill (sickness bug ect) you are still expected to work despite possibility of passing on illness. The company pays holiday pay instead of giving you holidays. if you try to book a holiday you are most likely talked out of it. you will have to travel in a route that does not make sense and using up lots of petrol. once you have done 3 x 15minute calls no where near each other you are paid not enough to cover petrol ect. spinal used to be great to work for untill recent management change. lots of carers have left due to it. try continued care, they pay petrol.
Pros
training is good.
Cons
pay, hours, management.
Official response from Spinal Homecare
24 March 2017
Hi, sorry to read of your experience whilst working for us. Whats been said above contradicts are staff satisfaction surveys. Im more than happy to discuss things with you further in the strictest confidence ? I can be contacted by emailing me at glyn@spinalhomecare Kind regardsGlyn
Gemiddeld 2 weken aaneengesloten werken bij een client met een dwarslaesie. Een training werd verstrekt voordat ik aan de slag ging met bepaalde taken die erbij komen kijken bij dwarslaesiezorg.
Isn't a stressful work Lerd a lot of interesting things The co-workers are great You travel all the UK You can do your own schedule, if you have a problem the company is understandable and you can have your time off
I have worked for Spinal for 3 months now and can honestly say they care for both their clients and PA staff. I've also learned a huge amount in a short time. The staff I deal with have been great - always friendly and helpful.
Pros
Management and good experience
Cons
Long, sometimes tedious hours
Started working with spinal homecare Not long ago, very good managment, very helpfull and very quick getting back with any queries, big or small.
Pros
Time off is great, nice clients and plenty support from managment
Cons
Hours can be long when working, and if u dont want anytime off they may not have any placements available
  1. Employee reviews