Spire Healthcare

Spire Healthcare Employee Reviews

Featured review
Spire Healthcare selected this as a representative review
Flexible working patterns Excellent CPD and opportunities for learning Open culture (learning from issues, problem solving, non blame), friendly teams, patient-centered, collaborative workplace String management structure
3 October 2019
Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are so pleased to hear about your positive experience with us. Thank you for being a part of our team!
As a current employee ot Spire Nottingham, and having been here since the hospital opened, I just want to share my experience. Management at all levels are very supportive, approachable and take the time to get to know staff. There have been many opportunities in all departments for internal progression and /or sideways movement. Staff's mental health and well-being is valued and there are many options to access support if needed; encouraged and promoted by HR and managers. The physical working environment is very pleasant and Spire are tirelessly ensuring measures are in place to keep staff and patients as safe as possible throughout the pandemic...leading the way to update guidance and working practices as government guidance changes. I feel valued and respected as an employee and colleague and I am proud to work for a company who look after their staff whilst delivering quality patient care.
Pros
Free parking, private health insurance, working environment
22 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to hear that you feel valued and respected. We work hard to create a supportive working culture and provide opportunities for everyone to grow their careers. During the pandemic it has been critical for everyone to be safe, so we are keeping abreast of any developments that affect how we care for patients. Thank you again for your feedback and your contributions.
This company has an awful pay structure. You are told you are not allowed to discuss pay because all your colleagues are payed desperately different salaries for the same job. Your pay grade isn’t based on what you know but who you know. The support system is non existent and the appreciation for new skills and people wanting to use the latest evidence is non existent. A dated company with dated beliefs.
2 February 2021
Thanks for your feedback. At Spire, we strive to offer competitive rewards and benefits in-line with the industry marketplace average. We appreciate the work and skills each of our colleagues brings to our organisation and are truly sorry you felt underappreciated. We do our very best to support growth and development for all team members. We are continuing to make improvements to support our staff and will take onboard your feedback to help us develop.
Having worked at the hospital since it opened I can honestly say it is the best it has ever been. The management at all levels are so supportive of the staff both professionally & personally, you are never treated as a number! In-house progression is encouraged & can be seen within many departments. I feel lucky that everyday I get to work with such a brilliant team!
Pros
People, management, parking
22 January 2021
Thanks for the positive feedback! We believe the key to our success is our people. We’re happy to hear that you feel heard and supported by your management team. We are proud to offer our employees opportunities to develop and grow within our many departments. We hope you continue to grow your career here with us.
As "private healthcare" goes, I feel like Spire is definitely the flagship for that term. They have great care and support for both patients and employees- you feel listened to and looked after in your team. There are clear roads to development and I like how the management guides you to develop and improve whilst also being thankful for your work. I thoroughly enjoy working for Spire. You notice the difference in people around you compared to other companies/hospitals. Everyone is positive and you feel like you can achieve anything. Proud to be a part of the team!
Pros
Great teamwork, support, career progression
Cons
Nothing!
21 January 2021
Thanks for the review! We’re glad to hear you enjoy your work and feel supported by management as well as your coworkers. Our hospitals wouldn’t be anything without our hardworking team members. We know a big reason our company is successful is due to our people. We always try to create a positive working environment that encourages everyone to be their best selves. We’re happy to offer our employees opportunities to develop and grow within our many departments. Thanks again for sharing your experience.
Not enough space to write my experience. Suffer from mental health anyway&have NO support from any member of management. Some really genuine nice people in that hospital who are wasted away and get down trotten on, bullied and spoken to like a child. Near enough everyday a member of staff is left feeling worthless,demotivated and a mix bag of emotions more upset than any other feeling. Job is for you if you do as your told when the big wigs say so, one minute your teachers pet them the next they are trying to make you walk. Yes the job is fast moving and everything is a new thing you have to deal with, but trust me mental health is just as important and to say they are a hospital shame on them for not REALLY supporting their staff and pushing there buttons. May still be here at this present time but I’ll soon be going off on sick and then to move on hopefully to a better place we’re positivity is key, appraises are a common and normal thing, Thankyous are everyday language. Not only the patients need 100 support and care but the team. I love my job but honestly cannot keep working for a company that quite frankly couldn’t give a toss about itsEmployees.
Pros
Parking, friendly team members
Cons
Management, Hr
26 January 2021
Thanks for taking the time express your concerns and share your experience with us. We work hard to ensure our management team foster a positive culture and we are committed to providing different routes to raise comments, concerns or ideas. We appreciate the work and skills that each of our colleagues brings to our organisation and we are sorry to hear you do not feel supported. We would encourage you to speak directly with either the Hospital Director or the Freedom to Speak up Guardian to better understand your specific concerns.
Can be very busy but great team that help you . Manager lovely and very supportive . Good hours can do small shifts or long days . Lovely hospital very clean surroundings . Great drinks machine amazing hot chocolate which you need for a long busy shift .
6 January 2021
Thanks for taking the time to submit a review. We are glad to hear that you feel supported by your manager and enjoy working with your team. At Spire, we know a big reason our company is successful is due to our people. We always try to create an enjoyable working environment that our employees can benefit from. We appreciate your feedback.
I've worked for Spire since they took control of the Regency, Macclesfield over ten years ago. The management are very supportive, approachable and have patient welfare at the forefront of their priorities. I feel completely valued, I have brilliant colleagues around me and would highly recommend Spire as an employer.
Pros
Colleague's
14 December 2020
Thanks for the review. We’re glad to hear you feel valued and supported. Our hospitals wouldn’t be anything without our hardworking team members. We always try to create an enjoyable working environment that our employees can benefit from.
I have never work for such an unprofessional Company in all my life, my direct manager was so unprofessional, I was made to feel worthless, spoken to appallingly and was given no training at all hardly then told I was incompetent at my job. My manager didn’t have a clue at the job, the team I worked in, felt that someone already in the team should of got the job, so o never stood a chance from the start, I would be devastated if someone stared fresh from school or university and thought this was how working life should be. This is only on the marketing side of thing the support I had from the nurses etc was amazing I would never recommend this company to anyone
1 December 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At Spire, we always try to create an enjoyable working environment that our employees can benefit from. We strive to ensure our management teams foster a positive, supportive and team-oriented working culture. We’re sorry to hear you had a negative experience. We will speak with management to discuss how we can best make improvements and prevent this going forward.
I enjoyed my time at spire, mainly because of the team that i worked with both on the ward and in the pre op department. However the management are despicable! They have no care or compassion for the staff and most days they'd walk past you like you don't exist. Everyone i worked with felt the same way about the higher management, you weren't felt to feel valued at all. I left due to this and would never return for the same reason. If your face doesn't fit, you're gone!!
Pros
Good team work
Cons
Terrible wage, long hours, abysmal higher management
27 October 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We’re glad to hear you enjoy your work. Our hospitals wouldn’t be anything without our hardworking team members. We know a big reason our company is successful is due to our people. We always try to create an enjoyable working environment that our employees can benefit from, so we are sorry to hear your experience was not completely positive. We appreciate the work and skills each of our colleagues brings to our organisation and are truly sorry you felt underappreciated.We work hard to ensure our management team foster a positive working culture and will continue to provide training in this area.
This has been the worst company I have ever worked for in my 45yrs of working. There is no loyalty from this company , bullying is rife and is allowed to continue. They sell you the dream but in theory it doesn't happen. Its all about the money and not the patients, no matter how much you give, if your face doesn't fit you will never be appreciated . Management at these hospitals never listen to the workers, and take there views into consideration maybe if they dealt with the negatives they would get a positive .
Cons
Management poor wages long hours
4 November 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We take pride in creating a supportive, patient-focused work environment and are sorry to hear this is not what you experienced. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to work with our management teams.
Never worked in such an awful, unprofessional place!Treat you with no respect do not support you at all. Left alone at all times especially when it gets reallly busy an queues are going out the door!Look out for themselves and do not work as a team! Only care about the business
Pros
Free lunches
22 October 2020
Thanks for taking the time to express your concerns. We understand work-life balance is important to all our employees and are sorry to hear you felt overworked. We strive to ensure our management teams foster a positive, supportive and team-oriented working culture. We’re sorry to hear you had a negative experience and will continue to provide training in this area. We will speak with management to discuss how we can best make improvements and prevent this going forward.
I have worked at Spire Manchester Hospital for 2 and a half years having originally started as an apprentice, I have been supported throughout my time here and feel secure within my job. The managers and senior management team are very easy to approach and offer an “open-door” environment, which makes me as an employee feel at ease and welcome.
Pros
Free parking, supportive team and manager
20 October 2020
Thanks for taking the time to submit a review. We know a big reason our company is successful is due to our people and our collaborative environment. We are so glad to hear that you feel secure, supported, and welcomed at Spire.
I have been part of Spire for just over 2 years, in that time I have been encouraged and supported to develop and progress in my role. From my immediate line manager to the most senior managers there is an abundance of guidance, support and encouragement. Working at Spire is fast-paced and every day brings new challenges, but these bring the hospital department’s together to create a fantastic, forward moving, innovative level of care for the patients we see daily. Spire is an incredibly friendly place to work and feels like home.
Pros
Free Parking, CPD encouragement & opportunities, Fantastic Benefits Package, Valued Staff
20 October 2020
We are glad to hear you feel challenged as well as supported at Spire. Our friendly, patient-focused environment is credit to our hardworking people. Thank you for your review.
Since becoming permanent in August after many years of Bank Work here, I have not regretted my decision once.I work in a great environment with a brilliant team and manager.The team is flexible, supportive, professional and always puts the patients needs first.We always strive to improve our work practices where possible.
Pros
Great team work
20 October 2020
Thank you for sharing your great experience with us. We work hard to create a supportive environment that everyone can benefit from. We hope you continue to grow and develop your career with us.
Spire Radiology department have shown how support and team work creates such a happy and pleasant workplace.Whilst remaining professional at all times,Spire always goes the extra mileto ensure the best care for patients and support and encouragement for staff resulting in a very happy workforce.
Pros
encouragement and support
Cons
short staffed
20 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so glad you enjoy working with your team. We know a big reason our company is successful is due to our people. We always try to create an enjoyable working environment that our employees can benefit from.
I have worked at Spire Manchester for over 10 years now and love my work/family balance. I love the flexibility and management are very understanding. There is great teamwork and plenty of opportunity to progress with your career. I can highly recommend working for Spire Manchester.
Pros
Lots of perks including Healthcare Wellness checks
20 October 2020
We are happy to hear you find value in our benefits. At Spire, we strive to create a supportive and encouraging working environment. We’re happy to offer our employees opportunities to develop and grow within our many departments. Thank you for all that you do.
Spire is a wonderful place to work at! We have a understanding management team that are easily accessible when needed. Here at Spire you are able to grow within your field of interest as all the consultants and staff are willing to teach and share knowledge. The amount of clinic skills I have obtain here is astounding!The physio team is supportive and helpful. We function as a family, always looking out for each other.
Pros
Ice cream on hot days!
20 October 2020
We’re happy to hear you enjoy working with your team and feel supported. We know how important hands-on learning is to gain the clinical skills needed to excel in patient care. Thank you for all that you do here at Spire.
I have worked at Spire for over 6 years across 2 different sites and I have come to find that the Spire ethos attracts a certain calibre of person; everyone is helpful, engaging and professional. Whatever department you work in, everyone comes together to play an important role in delivering a top class service to all of our patients and visitors. Every day is fast-paced and there's never a dull moment!
Pros
Free parking, uniform provided, great staff facilities
20 October 2020
Thanks for taking the time to submit a review. We know a big reason our company is successful is due to our people. At Spire, we strive to create an enjoyable working environment that our employees can benefit from. We are glad to hear that has been your experience.
I have worked at Spire Manchester Hospital for 18 months now and I can honestly say it’s the best job I have had. I work with the most amazing colleagues and always feel appreciated and looked after. Management are fantastic and the benefits are brilliant.
Pros
Benefits, colleagues, management
20 October 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad to hear you feel supported and enjoy the many benefits we offer at Spire. We hope you continue to build your career with us.
Physiotherapy team work closely with other professions all to the good of the patient. We are well supported and take pride in our work. The team is well established and has excellent relationships with consultants and patients alike.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Non
8 October 2020
We’re glad to hear you enjoy working with your team as well as other departments. Our goal is to provide a supportive patient-focused environment for all our employees. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
  1. Employee reviews