Spire Healthcare

Spire Healthcare Employee Reviews

United Kingdom463 reviews

hospitalnhbullyinglovelyparkingwardprogressioncolleague

Good overall

Overall I have enjoyed working for Spire Healthcare. The work/life balance has been good and the management team friendly. The salary could be improved however.

Pros

Work/life balance

Cons

salary

30 November 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.Our hospitals would not be what they are without our hardworking and dedicated team members, so it's great to hear that a supportive culture is prevalent throughout our hospitals. We continuously benchmark our salaries against the industry average to ensure we remain competitive and pay our employees fairly. We are excited to have you on our team as we continue to grow and learn.

Fast Paced and good place to build your MSK experience. Good working environment with good management and staffs. Fair pay commensurate to the job that you do.

21 November 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. We strive to foster an environment where our team members can thrive and are glad to hear that this was your experience with us.We value your feedback.

Insights into Spire Healthcare

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Poor management! No care for staff!

Managers don't care of the staffs! Only care about business and doing the job done! Never been recognised and rewarded for the contributions you made for the department! Very unfair compensation!!!! Those staffs who are always absent and lazy are being paid more than efficient workers!!! They will say you have the freedom to speak up but never expect them to reply to any of your concerns, you will just be taken fo granted and ignored as if nothing happened!! Avoid this hospital at all cost if you know your worth!!!

Pros

Nothing!

Cons

Everything!

23 November 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns and we are sorry that you feel this way about your time at Spire.We appreciate each and every team member for their continued support and dedication to providing world-class healthcare.We encourage our team members to raise any concerns that they may have to our Freedom to Speak Guardian, and we would have welcomed to the opportunity to discuss your concerns directly.We take comments like this seriously and appreciate your feedback as we continue to learn and grow. Please reach out to Jason Rosenblatt if you would like to discuss further.

Fun place to work

Great place to work , all staff friendly. Management are ok . Flexibility working hours could be better. Great benefits working for the company. Opportunity to gain career

Pros

Free health care

Cons

Not good on flexibility

15 November 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. We are glad to hear that you have been thriving in collaboration with your team members as well as management. We are excited to have you on our team as we continue to grow.

So much stress for so little pay

I loved it when I first started but then went downhill afterwards. I just felt like a number and left with no job to go to as I got fed up of dreading work everyday.

14 November 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.At Spire, we strive to stay in line with the marketplace average when it comes to remunerating our team members. We appreciate each and every one of our team members, and we know they are what makes us great!We appreciate your feedback.

I am loving working at Spire Healthcare

It is a very condusive working environment I wont hesitate to refer a friend to Spire healthcare.🙂. We are people from different parts of the world yet we all respect each other's culture and diversities.Everyone is lovely from the top management to the patients.

3 November 2022
Thank you for leaving us a five-star review.We are delighted to hear that you've had a positive and rewarding experience at Spire healthcare. Your feedback as well as your dedication to providing world-class healthcare is appreciated.

Disheartened

Spire healthcare know there is an issue here, and yet no action is taken to rectify. Some excellent senior managers have left as a direct result, yet spire do not address the issue. One may assume they put profit above culture and safety. Staff are scared and too lethargic to speak out as they are passified with no overall result. Disappointed.

31 October 2022
Thank you for taking the time to raise your concerns.Our goal is to make Spire a truly rewarding place to work. Spire values each and every team member; we know every team member should feel respected and supported in their role as part of our positive company culture. All concerns are taken seriously and advocated for. We urge our team members to raise any concerns directly with the Hospital Director or the Freedom to Speak Up Guardian. We appreciate your feedback.

Managers don’t listen. Better training needed.

Overall a good company to work for if you keep to yourself and get on with your responsibilities. However, if you’re good at your job they will also give you someone else’s. The turnover in staff is ludicrous yet the hiring process seems to be extremely slow. Very much a playground environment between teams and the managers. Training is non existent other than online I.e information governance, health and safety etc. no formal training given, just told to get on with what you can. The people who work there are great, I just wish they had the guts to tell others what they think to their faces, that way much more work would get done and more efficiently

Pros

Some great people work there

Cons

Lack of training. Managers don’t know how to advocate for their teams

31 October 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.Our goal is to provide our patients with the best care. To do so, we are continuing our hiring efforts and working hard to retain top talent to add to our growing team. Our management team strives to foster a positive working environment and continually receives training on how to empower others to enable success. We look to keep investing in the future of our team members by providing training and the support needed to develop careers. Our aim is to make Spire a truly rewarding place to work. We appreciate your feedback.

Do not value staff

After working here for a number of years they decided to change their way of working but did not take into consideration people's lifestyle and family commitments I was therefore forced to consider my own wellbeing and left.

14 October 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.Our company values each team member and appreciates the hard work they put in daily to ensure that our patients receive world-class healthcare. Our management team strives to foster a positive working culture as we strive to create an environment where everyone can be their best, in every aspect. Our team members are encouraged to raise any concerns with the hospital director or Freedom to Speak up Guardian. Your insight is appreciated, and we wish you the best in your future endeavours.

Amazing company

Amazing company to work for I travel 120 miles a day on my commute I pass 3 other spire hospitals before I get to my own the people I work with are amazing and the reason I get up and look forward to going to work every day and knowing that we make a difference to peoples lives

11 October 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review.At Spire, we know our people are what makes us great.We appreciate your feedback and are excited to have you on our team as we continue to grow.

No progression

I worked as a physiotherapist for three years a spire healthcare. The team I worked for was lovely and although at times we felt stretched and days could be stressful. Unfortunately there was no progression in terms of salary, cpd training or position. They are not on par like the NHS in terms of increments. I would go above and beyond each year on my appraisal and nothing would come out of it, so what was the point. Work variety was a bit stagnant also.

Dangerous, profit driven, unbelievable bad place to work

I can not wait express how much you should not work for this company. They tried to destroy my life and career because I questioned their standards. I can’t believe explain here as it would take too long but it was the worst experience of my career. If your face doesn’t fit and you question their awful, dangerous practice god help you

Workplace ok

To many people in kitchen at times To many bosses Busy at times then bored not much to do To many people telling you to do things telling you to do it different ways didn't know if I was coming or going

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Got bored quickly

3 October 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your concern.At Spire, our management strives to foster a positive working environment. Our management team regularly receives training on how to empower others to facilitate success within their teams. We appreciate our team members for their hard work in providing world-class healthcare. We value your feedback.

Under staffed so over worked

A bizarre place to work, plenty of policies that people just ignore, talk of team work then it’s every man for himself, 85% of staff do their job only, and leave the other 15% to pick up all the pieces, no-one owns a problem they just dump it on someone else and run, Problems pointed out regular but nothing is ever followed up on so a sense of frustration always.I go to work and feel me and few others do their best the right way, while everybody else just seem to do what ever they feel like because there is always some one else to do it for them. Not very professional.

Pros

Free coffee. Nice modern building

Cons

Staff, staffing shortages, over worked and stressful.

28 September 2022
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. Our management team strives to foster a positive working environment and continually receives training on how to empower others to enable success within their teams. Our goal is to make Spire a truly rewarding place to work so that you get the most out of working here. We urge you to raise these concerns directly with the Hospital Director or the Freedom to Speak Up Guardian. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to improving your experience at Spire.

Productive and fun workplace

Everyone is friendly, always help each other. Work as a team. They teach you how to work how to deal with customer on phone and face to face. The management is very nice always there to help.

13 September 2022
Thank you for leaving us a review.We are glad to hear that you are able to enjoy the family like environment we strive to create here at Spire. Your feedback is appreciated, and we are excited to have you on our team as we continue to grow.

Not a pleasant place to work unless you are willing to work 24/7 for rubbish pay

No communication, no respect, no life-work balance. You are taken for granted and expected to priorities work over everything else. No support from management

13 September 2022
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns and share your experience.We value our team members and appreciate all they do to provide world-class healthcare. Our management team strives to foster a positive working culture as we aim to create an environment where everyone can be their best. We continuously benchmark our salaries against the industry average to ensure we remain competitive and pay team members fairly. Our team members are encouraged to raise concerns with the hospital director or Freedom to Speak up Guardian. Your insight is appreciated as we continue to learn and grow.

Ok if you’re face fits

Bullying culture, and to many same family members so very clicky if your face fits you get to do what you want, doesn’t matter how hard you work, they will still let you walk out if the job without even trying to find out why

Pros

Health insurance

Fun place to work

After working at spire healthcare I can see it’s one of the nicest places I have worked, lovely staff and management. Salary increases which is a bonus

Pros

Hours, salary, private medical

8 September 2022
Thank you for leaving us a five-star review.We are glad to hear about your time at Spire. We recognize the hard work of our colleagues and believe they are the reason for our success. We are proud to offer competitive benefits to reward our colleagues for their dedication to providing world-class healthcare.

Great team

Great team work between departmentsPositive culture Collaborative leadership team, visible I really enjoy working here and would recommend to others.Consultant led careSafe care and good patient ratios Proactive governance processesIt’s busy at times but I like to be busy.

6 September 2022
Thank you for leaving us a 5-star review!At Spire, we are very proud of the positive and collaborative environment that we strive to create. Your feedback is appreciated, and we are excited to have you on our team as we continue to grow.

Should be a soap opera

Unbelievably awful place to work. Vast majority of staff are thoroughly miserable within the workplace.Senior management have zero I mean zero interest in the staff. Executive managers are worse still. If working for Spire was a soap opera Eastenders would be reclassified as a fairy story.

6 September 2022
Thank you for leaving us a review.We regret hearing about your working experience at Spire. Our management team strives to create a positive working environment and continuously receives training on how to empower colleagues to enable success within their teams. We foster a speak up culture at Spire and encourage our colleagues to talk with their Freedom to Speak Guardian. Once again, we appreciate you for taking the time to leave a review.

Productive and an interesting place to work

Location is Edinburgh It’s not a bad place to work but if you are not in the click it becomes difficult for you. Everyone has their limits, if you cannot bear somethings it could be challenging for you.It’s a fast paced place which is good yet some people find opportunity to gossip.To patients they offer the most quality care and it’s a really good place.It’s worth trying if one desires a place here

6 September 2022
Thank you for leaving us a five-star review.We are happy to hear you enjoy working at Spire. We strive to help our colleagues achieve success in the workplace and provide a great working environment that embraces continuous learning and development. We are excited to have you on our team as we continue to grow and expand.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spire Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement