Spire Healthcare

Spire Healthcare Employee Reviews

United Kingdom450 reviews

hospitalnhbullyinglovelyparkingwardprogressioncolleague

Productive and fun workplace

Everyone is friendly, always help each other. Work as a team. They teach you how to work how to deal with customer on phone and face to face. The management is very nice always there to help.

13 September 2022
Thank you for leaving us a review.We are glad to hear that you are able to enjoy the family like environment we strive to create here at Spire. Your feedback is appreciated, and we are excited to have you on our team as we continue to grow.

Under staffed so over worked

A bizarre place to work, plenty of policies that people just ignore, talk of team work then it’s every man for himself, 85% of staff do their job only, and leave the other 15% to pick up all the pieces, no-one owns a problem they just dump it on someone else and run, Problems pointed out regular but nothing is ever followed up on so a sense of frustration always.I go to work and feel me and few others do their best the right way, while everybody else just seem to do what ever they feel like because there is always some one else to do it for them. Not very professional.

Pros

Free coffee. Nice modern building

Cons

Staff, staffing shortages, over worked and stressful.

28 September 2022
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. Our management team strives to foster a positive working environment and continually receives training on how to empower others to enable success within their teams. Our goal is to make Spire a truly rewarding place to work so that you get the most out of working here. We urge you to raise these concerns directly with the Hospital Director or the Freedom to Speak Up Guardian. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to improving your experience at Spire.

Insights into Spire Healthcare

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job

Not a pleasant place to work unless you are willing to work 24/7 for rubbish pay

No communication, no respect, no life-work balance. You are taken for granted and expected to priorities work over everything else. No support from management

13 September 2022
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns and share your experience.We value our team members and appreciate all they do to provide world-class healthcare. Our management team strives to foster a positive working culture as we aim to create an environment where everyone can be their best. We continuously benchmark our salaries against the industry average to ensure we remain competitive and pay team members fairly. Our team members are encouraged to raise concerns with the hospital director or Freedom to Speak up Guardian. Your insight is appreciated as we continue to learn and grow.

Ok if you’re face fits

Bullying culture, and to many same family members so very clicky if your face fits you get to do what you want, doesn’t matter how hard you work, they will still let you walk out if the job without even trying to find out why

Pros

Health insurance

Fun place to work

After working at spire healthcare I can see it’s one of the nicest places I have worked, lovely staff and management. Salary increases which is a bonus

Pros

Hours, salary, private medical

8 September 2022
Thank you for leaving us a five-star review.We are glad to hear about your time at Spire. We recognize the hard work of our colleagues and believe they are the reason for our success. We are proud to offer competitive benefits to reward our colleagues for their dedication to providing world-class healthcare.

Great team

Great team work between departmentsPositive culture Collaborative leadership team, visible I really enjoy working here and would recommend to others.Consultant led careSafe care and good patient ratios Proactive governance processesIt’s busy at times but I like to be busy.

6 September 2022
Thank you for leaving us a 5-star review!At Spire, we are very proud of the positive and collaborative environment that we strive to create. Your feedback is appreciated, and we are excited to have you on our team as we continue to grow.

Should be a soap opera

Unbelievably awful place to work. Vast majority of staff are thoroughly miserable within the workplace.Senior management have zero I mean zero interest in the staff. Executive managers are worse still. If working for Spire was a soap opera Eastenders would be reclassified as a fairy story.

6 September 2022
Thank you for leaving us a review.We regret hearing about your working experience at Spire. Our management team strives to create a positive working environment and continuously receives training on how to empower colleagues to enable success within their teams. We foster a speak up culture at Spire and encourage our colleagues to talk with their Freedom to Speak Guardian. Once again, we appreciate you for taking the time to leave a review.

Productive and an interesting place to work

Location is Edinburgh It’s not a bad place to work but if you are not in the click it becomes difficult for you. Everyone has their limits, if you cannot bear somethings it could be challenging for you.It’s a fast paced place which is good yet some people find opportunity to gossip.To patients they offer the most quality care and it’s a really good place.It’s worth trying if one desires a place here

6 September 2022
Thank you for leaving us a five-star review.We are happy to hear you enjoy working at Spire. We strive to help our colleagues achieve success in the workplace and provide a great working environment that embraces continuous learning and development. We are excited to have you on our team as we continue to grow and expand.

Not a good company to work for

A very underhanded company not looking after the staff if they decide they don’t want to pay you then they tried to sack you I wouldn’t recommend this company to anybody because of the worst company ever work for

31 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.We know that our colleagues put much effort into providing patients with world-class healthcare, so we strive to ensure fair remuneration and benchmark our salaries against those of our competitors. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Stressful

Miserable front reception staff. Unhappy place to workNo praise or thanks for work achievement Too much work life No training Good parking attendant No management talk to you

Pros

Cons

Stress

30 August 2022
Thank you for leaving us a review.We are proud of our people, their dedication, and their contributions that help us deliver world-class healthcare.At Spire, we strive to create a positive, collaborative environment for all colleagues. The managers within our organization are encouraged to adopt a supportive working culture. We are continuously making improvements and appreciate your feedback.

Poorly paid and a very unappreciated environment

Poorly paid for the workload you do.Lack of management and leadership.No loyalty to staff. Lack of training for new starters. Work life balance is non existent.

3 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We regret to hear about your experience at Spire. We assure that we value and care about every employee. We strive to provide an environment where our employees are set up for success. Our management team is trained to foster a positive working environment and continually receives training on how to continuously learn and make improvements. Your insights are greatly appreciated.

Bullying culture

There is a bullying culture where people are pushed out of a job if they’re not liked by senior members of staff. Issues brought repeatedly to management are ignored, staff are allowed to ostracise others whilst management turns a blind eye. Pay is okay but could be better. Departments are constantly understaffed and overworked, work/life balance isn’t at all balanced, management do day shifts and are out the door by 4pm whilst staff are working until 9pm. The staff turnover tells you everything you need to know about this company.

1 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns and share your experience.We regret to hear about your experience with Spire healthcare. We continuously benchmark our salaries against the industry average to ensure we remain competitive and pay our employees fairly. Furthermore, our management is trained to foster an inclusive environment and to help build a family-like culture. Any form of bullying will not be tolerated at our company since it doesn't reflect our culture and values. To ensure that other employees do not experience this, we will share this feedback internally.

I love my job

I have stayed within spire for 16 years.It has allowed me to progress to where I am to date and I feel I have always been listened too when questioning my workload or salary or anything related to my work. I feel the HCA’s could be more acknowledged financially for all their hard work.

26 July 2022
Thank you for leaving a review.It is a pleasure to hear about your experience with Spire. We are glad to hear you have been heard and supported by the management and that we have been able to address your concerns. This is something we train our management to do. We are care about employee happiness, and we're glad to hear you feel happy at Spire and are making progress in your career.

Underpaid

Underpaid for what you do.Quite happy to let bullies work there and even promote them. Same bullies likes to share individual hr/personal issues with the rest of the team. Just a number take no personal going ons into consideration.Would not recommend working here.

Productive fun place to work

Really great place to work. Have been with the group for nearly ten years and it provides great career development to ensure staff can full fill their ambitions.

Pros

career progression, lots of benefits

Cons

Bullying culture, very unsupportive management

I would not recommend anyone to work at Spire. Very high turnover of staff. Wages are appalling, no support, no training programme, just left to n get on with it. This company thrives on bullies, and good workers treated badly.

26 July 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and express your concerns.We are disappointed to hear that the family-like culture we instill is not being felt. Creating a supportive working environment that respects one another is something we continuously strive for. We also provide training for management to ensure a family-like atmosphere is maintained.In terms of salaries, we continue to benchmark our salaries against the industry average to remunerate our employees fairly. To help us understand and improve your experience at Spire, we recommend you speak up to the Freedom to speak up guardian or hospital director. Your feedback and insights are greatly appreciated.

Lovely team

Great team and supportive senior staff Good benefits package Lots of experience with different types of specialtiesGenerous request days and good annual leaveFree on site parking Good canteen

Pros

Free car park and good benefits

20 July 2022
Thank you for leaving a review.We are glad to hear the family-like atmosphere is being felt throughout the organization. All our team members work hard, and we believe they are the reason for our success. The benefits and rewards we offer our employees reflect our commitment to providing world-class healthcare every day. Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Customers oriented, business before anything else.

I didn't have a good working experience. Working in hospital was my dream as HCA but sadly I had to change my mind . I was not treated fairly and the feeling of disrespect as human being was constantly.

Pros

Nice customers

Cons

Long hours, stress, fast paced, demai

27 July 2022
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns and share your experience.We regret hearing about your working experience at Spire healthcare. Our management team strives to foster a positive working environment and continually receives training on how to empower others to enable success in their teams. We are sorry to hear you felt you were not treated fairly and felt disrespected. We foster a speak up culture at Spire and always encourage our staff to speak up when they feel something is not right. Once again we appreciate you for taking the time to leave a review and will share this internally

Nice place to work

I’ve only been with spire for 5 weeks but have learnt so much and had fantastic support from my manager and team. The people are very friendly and the management come and check in with you.

5 July 2022
Thank you for sharing your experience.We're happy to hear that you feel heard and supported by your management team. Creating a positive work environment is an integral part of what makes our company successful, so we are delighted to hear this is being felt throughout the organization. It's a pleasure to hear that you have had an enjoyable first five weeks and we wish your continued success in your career at Spire.

productive and harmonic environment

flexible shifts , excellent and harmonious environment, frequent breaks during shift . Nice and cheap food at cafeteria for lunch and free onsite parking.

5 July 2022
Thank you for the five-star review!We recognize the hard work of all our team members are believe they are the reason for our success. We are proud to offer competitive rewards and benefits to reward our employees for the dedication to providing world-class healthcare daily. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us.

Great place

Lovely place to work. Staff are very friendly and always helpful when needed. Management genuinely care for the staff and don't make you feel like just a number. Opportunities are available to move to different departments. Would highly recommend Spire Blackpool

4 July 2022
Thank you for leaving a five-star review!We are delighted to hear that you have had a positive and rewarding experience at Spire healthcare. It's a pleasure to hear that you enjoy our family-like atmosphere here and that you feel heard and supported by your management and have been given opportunities to develop and grow your career. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spire Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Spire Healthcare with

Learn about Spire Healthcare in popular locations

• Spire Healthcare
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?