Spire Healthcare
View all Spire Healthcare reviews

Spire Healthcare

Spire Healthcare Employee Review

Nice place to work

I’ve only been with spire for 5 weeks but have learnt so much and had fantastic support from my manager and team. The people are very friendly and the management come and check in with you.

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

5 July 2022
Thank you for sharing your experience.We're happy to hear that you feel heard and supported by your management team. Creating a positive work environment is an integral part of what makes our company successful, so we are delighted to hear this is being felt throughout the organization. It's a pleasure to hear that you have had an enjoyable first five weeks and we wish your continued success in your career at Spire.

Same role

Don’t go there

Spire Nottingham was an awful place to work. There was a poor management team and bullying was common place. Hard work was not rewarded - but if you were friends with the right people you got on regardless of competency. There was a very negative atmosphere and high staff turnover. Everyone doing the same job were paid vastly different rates depending on negotiation at interview.

Pros

Parking, pension

Cons

Pay, management, culture

15 August 2019
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. We value all of our employees and we’re sorry you felt that you had a negative experience. We strive to ensure that our management teams foster a positive working culture, and as an organisation, we aim to ensure that our leaders act in accordance with our values. In regards to recognition, we are sorry to hear you felt underappreciated at times. We do value all of the different skills each team member brings to the table. We do our very best to retain our team members by supporting their strengths and goals.
Same location

Professional and suppprtive

I've worked for Spire since they took control of the Regency, Macclesfield over ten years ago. The management are very supportive, approachable and have patient welfare at the forefront of their priorities. I feel completely valued, I have brilliant colleagues around me and would highly recommend Spire as an employer.

Pros

Colleague's

14 December 2020
Thanks for the review. We’re glad to hear you feel valued and supported. Our hospitals wouldn’t be anything without our hardworking team members. We always try to create an enjoyable working environment that our employees can benefit from.
Same location

Don't work here if you want to keep your sanity

I desperately want to get out of here. Its a vile place to work. If you want to work in a school playground than this is the place for you. It has always been an odd place but it got even weirder when the new HD took over. They say it starts at the top and filters down and this is definitely the case at the regency. Staff are over worked and everyone is always stressed and on edge. There has been a high turnover of staff over the last couple of years which says it all really. There have been some great managers that were there for years but soon went when she came along. The last HD seemed a decent chap and its a shame he didn't stay. Im only still here because of the people i work with and its convenient but i think ill be going sooner or later.

Pros

Cons

Bullying culture, poor pay, rubbish HD

27 February 2019
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. We’re so sorry to hear you had a negative experience. We strive to ensure that our management foster a positive working culture, and we will continue to provide training in this area to ensure that managers act in accordance with our values. In regards to staff turnover, we do our very best to retain our wonderful team members by helping to highlight their strengths and support their growth. We will connect with management to continue making improvements based on your feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spire Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement