Splendid Hospitality

Working at Splendid Hospitality: Latest Splendid Hospitality Reviews

United Kingdom37 reviews

recommendtrainingstaffteamcompanyplacepaypeople

Fun

Really good if you are a student. loads of shifts available. can work with friends. quite good pay. very long hours but you do not need to do that many shifts a week.

Pros

Free food on shift

Cons

sometimes they rope you into doing work

Fun workplace

Good place of however it does take a while to get into work. Other than that it is a nice and friendly environment with decent pay. Pay has also recently been increased.

Insights into Splendid Hospitality

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Fast paced with some events and some events are easy as they may be like 4 hours

Overall a good company if you’re looking for evening work or in between jobs as you can work when you want and you choose. I enjoyed working for the company, I would recommend them

Pros

Lunches on site

Stressful and bad managements

I had suffered from stress and discouragement at this company. I simply wasted a year and a half with them and benefited nothing at all. They pay the minimum with no benefits. The managements are far worse than you’d imagine. The amount of responsibilities you asked to do are not worth the money and time you waste in return. I do not recommend anyone to work for them.

Pros

Cons

Long hours and no appreciation in return

Top events with Top quality people!

Splendid provides staff for upscale events in and around London! Very good training given, Staff and management are lovely and always happy to help! Great opportunities for progression and very supportive through this process! The amount of celebrity performances I have seen whilst at work is mad, for example I once got paid to serve dinner and was then allowed to watch an entire Paloma Faith set from the wings! I went from having hardly ever worked in events before to running my own team of waiters in just 2 months! Entirely flexible, You choose when you want to work! Shifts can range from anywhere between 4-18 hours but again you can choose exactly what you want with no pressure whatsoever, you can even do a double shift in one day if you need that extra cash! The best thing about splendid is that everything is done over the phone whether this be bookings or shift queries, meaning there is always a friendly voice to help you if you ever get lost on the way to an event or need to cancel for whatever reason. I love working for splendid, and I think that you will too :D

Pros

Progession, Good Pay, Great opportunities!

Cons

On your feet a lot! Some heavy lifting

good pay but sometimes can be stressful

Good pay but can sometimes be stressful in terms of shift organisation. Also, management can be quite pushy with shifts even if you say you can't do the shift they have suggested.

Fun workplace

You get to meet many people and get to work at many venues, some are very VIP venues (Buckingham palace). Also, having the freedom to work when and where you want is something that really benefits the worker as they could also be studying therefore can't give their 100% of time.

Long hours/overtime not paid

During the interview process and the induction everything looked absolutely perfect but all the amazing things I was told were only words. You sign a waiver that allows the company to make you work more the 48hr often more than 70hr per week. Staff are pushed to work beyond their physical limits. No overtime or lieu day is given. "Like it or leave it" attitude by managers. Low pay

Plethora of opportunity

At splendid you will work at a wide variety of places with a wide variety of people. Some jobs will be stressful and fast-paced where you will not even get a eating break however others can be very relaxed, it just depends on who you're working for. Personally I found the inconsistency of jobs an issue as i was trying to save money fast and sometimes didn't have a job for weeks. Nevertheless once you get used to the work and meet new people the job can be very enjoyable and i would recommend it.

Pros

Meeting new people & new skills

Cons

Certain clients are stressful

Fair

Fair employer and multi culture environment . Ok to work for them . They have improved since I left and I hear good news about them and their progress in terms of staff development and training

Avoid at all costs

Dont be a fool and join the weekends are a nightmare and you will work long hours the managers never help even if someone calls in sick just avoid this place at all costs.

Amazing!

Amazing company to work for! Yes, every job has its moments. But I would highly recommend working for Splendid. They really look after their staff! Great team work throughout all the departments and great positive working atmosphere! Work life balance is good. Had a great time working with in the company and the progression is fantastic!

Splendid

Wonderful company and some fabulous people to work for. Same challenges all Hotel companies have but some inspirational leaders within the group. They invest in their people

Pros

Meals, uniforms, training

Caring and fair company

Having worked with 3 different companies to date, I am extremely happy I joined Splendid. They really embrace work-life balance. They also really study how they can enhance the employee's experience. Always open to suggestions from the team. They not only care about the employee but also about the guest ( I am referring to the actual person and experience and not only revenue/ROI) I would happily recommend this company (which in fact I have already done)

Pros

Perk box, support

Cons

None!!

Productive and fun place!

I am relatively new to the company but I only have positive things to say about Splendid so far. It feels more like a family, where focus is not only on working had, but also having fun and making sure we progress together as a team. It's an incredibly diverse team, with people from across the globe, with different cultures, languages and ideas. It's so refreshing! Benefits are great, learning and development is in focus at all times, and our ultimate aim, to take care of our guests, is always at the forefront in everything we do. Come and join us!

Pros

Free lunches, Free dry cleaning, Development incentives

Enjoyable place to work

I have employed here for 2 years and thoroughly enjoy my job role As i am of a certain age new things are a challenge to say the least but i know i have the support of my colleagues to help and support me

Pros

friendly and enjoyable place to work

Delivered what was expected and more

I joined the Splendid Family back in 2017 as the role suited my location and needs at the time. The support from the group has been excellent with a number of varied training courses designed to make you your very best, and support the strategy of the company. I have see the company evolve over the two years I have worked with them and it’s getting better everyday with more aligned business plans and better infrastructure in group support. You really are treated as a family member with areas for progression and a place to have your voice heard.

Pros

Structured people team

Truly a great place to work.

I have worked for Splendid for just under 2 years and can honestly say that it's the best two years of my career so far. Every day is different and my role offers me plenty of variety, as well as working within a great team! I would really recommend the company to work for - it really strives to achieve a family culture and I am looking forward to seeing what the future brings!

Pros

Great team

Cons

n/a

Great workplace

I was looking to progress my career and Splendid Hospitality gave me the opportunity to develop and to achieve my dream job. You have 100% support from every department. Loads of perks and training available. Here you have the opportunity to grow along with the company and to be rewarded for your hard work.

Pros

Training

Good Progression for Hard Workers

I was looking to progress my career but wasn't really sure what direction to take next - Front of House shift work doesn't fit my home life now. After a lot of discussion with relevant managers, I have been given a great promotion that suits my needs and am now working towards my next progressive role. Great team to work with, lots of socialising and closely knit team throughout senior and middle management and our direct reports. I feel well equipped and supported whilst still being left alone and trusted with my role to make my own way with it - mistakes are pointed out but not criticised, you're given the opportunity to learn from them. Most enjoyable bit of my job is the interest in my career progression from the Senior Team and the training opportunities provided. I think if you're willing to put in the hard work, which gives the job satisfaction I was looking for, this is a great place to work - if you're looking for an easy ride with not much asked of you, this is maybe not the place - they want driven people; a good quality in my opinion.

Pros

Progression

Cons

I know it's free but staff food could be better

Great place to work with fantastic opportunity to progress

I couldn't recommend Splendid Hospitality any higher! It's a fantastic place to work with a lot of opportunity to progress within the company and climb the corporate ladder. On top of this, the culture is great with a great atmosphere, making it a fun place to work.

Pros

Culture, growth, workplace

Cons

None!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Splendid Hospitality. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement