Springfield Healthcare

Springfield Healthcare Employee Reviews

United Kingdom105 reviews

lovelysupportsupportiveresidentrolestaffcarehealthcare

Rewarding job

I have worked at springfield for nearly three years. I Love my role as a carer in the community. There are a lot of benefits and rewards. I love my job it is so rewarding. The office staff are supportive. You can choose your availability and hours that you want to work. Health insurance is also included aswell as other benefits and rewards.

Pros

Higher than minimum wage

Cons

Long hour’s sometimes

Home Carer the people make the job

A Home Carer in the community with Springfield is very rewarding, the visits to people make the job also the support from the office on call staff is immeasurable they are all very approachable, always a phone call away to support any issues, every shift is different, Springfield are very accommodating with hrs of work to fit around life ! In my honest opinion it really is a great place to work !

Pros

Rewarding job great support from on all staff

Insights into Springfield Healthcare

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Always supportive

I have found that Springfield Healthcare is like being with family. They care. Not just with the service users but they take care of staff. They listen.

Pros

Getting to meet new people.

Cons

Caring for people you've just met.

Fun workplace

Since working at Springfield care home I have learnt a lot of new skills and I feel confident in myself and in the job. Whenever I have an enquiry someone is always there to help me.

Pros

Breaks

Cons

Walking

Caring and polite workplace

Caring and police staff. Very understanding, lovely work environment. We all work as a team were never alone in any of it. If there’s an issue it’s dealt with.

Pros

We get prizes!! And fun stuff to do! Every other weekend off work

Good company

I have worked for Springfield Healthcare for nearly six years. I believe they are a very good company to work for compared with what I've heard about other companies. My workload fits in with my lifestyle and the company were very accomodating when I requested reducing my hours due to health reasons. They try to keep my calls near to where I live which helps with the cost of fuel in the current fuel crisis. Sometimes I have to go further but that's to cover calls where other carers are off. The office staff are helpful and friendly. There are opportunities to advance in the care industry and regular training sessions to keep skills updated.

Pros

Healthcare benefits

Cons

Always short staffed. Regularly asked to work extra hours

Not accommodating

The way you are treated within this company is not the best, as someone who didn’t drive. I asked to be quite local to the residents that I was caring for. However they were sending me at least two hours away meaning having to get two buses taking two hours for a two hour visit. I also only had an hour contract with no chance of overtime meaning I was coming out with £300 a month which is not great at all

Fast paced at times but good

Great place to work everyone is friendly and makes you feel welcome if you ever needed to ask anything you could fast paced at times but good because you learn something new every day

Pros

Always learning

enjoyable and dirverse

Great place to work. friendly and fun. never got 2 days the same lots of variety . Great clients and colleagues. training was very good gave skills needed

I love working for this company

I love my job, its incredibly satisfying looking after the people with various needs. I think the management has improved massively over the last few months, Unfortunately they was some really incompetent office staff who enjoyed causing drama, avoided there responsibilities putting more off the work load on the real workers in the office, but they where moved on and the staff now that are currently in the office do a wonderful job, genuinely care about you and bend over backwards to help you do yours.

Pros

rewarding, flexible

Poor company - unsupportive management

Don’t recommend working here. Rotas change constantly. Don’t receive consistent hours. Pestered to pick up extra constantly. No travel time from going one end of town to another. Management very uncaring don’t listen. You don’t receive a full weeks rota as a time. You get a new rota every day to follow, constantly changing so you can’t plan your life around it. HR was lovely explained everything well in interview and always took the time to talk to me afterwards and check in on me however she did say we would get a 7day rota which we never do. Training was very in-depth. The fall down of the company is the manager and the co-ordinators

horrible

send new carers out with no meds competency and send them out as 2nd carer without any shadowing training. working long days 7am - 10pm yes if your lucky you might get a break in there somewhere. no travel time in between calls, calls are back to back . clients and carers are really nice but the office staff dont give a dam as long as calls covered , some weeks dont get rota till Friday for the following Monday, always changing and adding extra calls and not letting you know. office staff ignore the phone and so if its an emergency you are basically alone till they decide to answer.

Pros

clients and other carers

Cons

long days, no travel time, no life, no breaks, office staff

Great place to work, but not the best if you need a good income

Springfield is a Fantastic place to work. They offer multiple benefits and a good rate of pay of £10.35 an hour but the only issue is, you get paid per client eg £5 for half an hour £2.50 for 15 mins calls but the calls can be 30min walking distance from each other so some days it’s difficult to make up the hours you desire. Easier if you have a car but you end up using far more petrol then you get back in return. I’ve always enjoyed working for Springfield and I’m sad to go. The management are absolutely lovely they’re so helpful and understanding but sometimes on stressful days they change the rota but they don’t tell you so you have to keep checking your phone to see if anything’s changed before you set off for a client. But every job has stressful and misunderstanding days. They’re always understandable especially when it comes to for example your babysitter has fallen Ill and you can’t make it to work they’re always understanding and never get annoyed with you as sometimes it can’t be helped. I would definitely recommend but just be aware it’s payed per client and not per hour.

Great opportunities

They offer great training, great progression and lots of opportunities.From carers to management everyone is lovely.The pay is great and no day is the same!

Springfield Healthcare is a great place to work. Competitive rates of pay and benefits offered. Excellent training, support and opportunities for development and progression.

Brilliant managerial support

Brilliant support from managerial team and a lovely work place. Would highly recommend working with Springfield Healthcare. Any issues were quickly and fairly dealt with.

ok

choice of part time or full time to suit your personal life, always changing rotas around at stupid hours, don’t get paid enough for the amount of time you are out working

Pros

work life balance

Cons

don’t get paid enough for hours worked

A Very Good Company

I worked for Springfield Healthcare back in 2018. Found the management to be very helpful and supportive. I really can't fault this Care Provider. I would recommend them to anyone looking to work in this sector

Pros

Good management

Cons

Non

Not a nice place to work .

The management do not support you at all. Minimum wage for the job you do . Management do not listen to their staff .. long hours do not accommodate for children not a nice place to work.

Pros

Is none

Cons

Long hours .minimum wage

Flexibility and plenty of work to go around. No two days are the same. State your availability and the office staff will try their best to match you.

Overall a nice place to work, no two days the same, and it is what you make of it. Office staff are down to earth and supportive. Co workers are helpful and genuinely good people. Training is regular, both in house and on an app.

Pros

Friendly staff, plenty of shifts if you want them, you can make a difference to people's lives and forge great friendships.

Cons

Driving from client to client can be stressful and costly, awkward shift gaps.

Wonderful clients

I very much enjoyed working for Springfield, very sad to leave. I loved my clients dearly and they were well matched to me. I still have contact with a couple of them who have become lifelong friends. I would definitely recommend working for Springfield but make sure you make your voice heard otherwise you'll be overworked. HR in the Darlington branch was brilliant, an absolute angel.

Pros

Amazing clients

Cons

Alot of walking and you only get paid for the time your in the clients house.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Springfield Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement