Spurgeons

Spurgeons

Spurgeons Employee Review

Support work was rewarding with families. I learned a lot whilst working at Spurgeons and enjoyed supporting young people.Regular training and opportunities to do additional if money was available.However, there were not enough resources and heavy case loads made it difficult to achieve good outcomes for young people and their families.Unrealistic deadlines, high case loads without proper support or supervision. Management not available for workers to debrief and talk through complex cases. Awful lack of support to deal with team issues and manager was not respected by most of the team due to her ignoring there was a problem and not being present in the team office.Long service seemed to count for nothing and hard workers ( all of the team) were not valued or appreciated.

Pros

Flexible working

Cons

Poor supervision

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

Support Worker position that allows you to meet new people regularly and is very rewarding

Meeting the public and being able to discuss their health and well being regarding their new born and to encourage new mothers and their family and friends to support them. To encourage breast feeding over bottle and to highlight the benefits. To signpost mothers and partner to join groups or be a part of other parents that keep them from feeling isolated. The joy in seeing the children grow strong healthy and very balanced, parents with support remember you and let you know your input had made a positive difference.

Cons

You feel like big brother is with you as every minute must be accounted for
Same role

Great!

Great place to work :) friendly staff particularly HR team who were very helpful during the recruitment process helpful managers

Pros

staff

Same location

Enjoyed every minute!

Typical day at work: carried out P.A/ Administrative duties and enjoyed the friendly company of the support workers. Management were always welcoming if I had a problem and always lovely and pleasant. My co-workers were all determined individuals; however, they were not work robots and still possessed their humanity to still talk to their other co-workers with respect and kindness. My job didn't have much difficulty as I was fully experienced in it but I enjoyed working there. Its a very pleasant working environment. And I can't recommend it any more than I have.

Pros

Friendly co-workers

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spurgeons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Spurgeons with

Learn about Spurgeons in popular locations

• Spurgeons
  • Enjoyable and rewarding work with families and young people. Lack of much needed support and supervision from manager.