Spurgeons

Spurgeons

Spurgeons Employee Review

Enjoyed every minute!

Typical day at work: carried out P.A/ Administrative duties and enjoyed the friendly company of the support workers. Management were always welcoming if I had a problem and always lovely and pleasant. My co-workers were all determined individuals; however, they were not work robots and still possessed their humanity to still talk to their other co-workers with respect and kindness. My job didn't have much difficulty as I was fully experienced in it but I enjoyed working there. Its a very pleasant working environment. And I can't recommend it any more than I have.

Pros

Friendly co-workers

Cons

5.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Best place I've worked so far in my career!

great staff at all levels - very supportive if you would want to apply for a job with Spurgeons you won't regret it, great company to work for. only left due to family commitments. Felt really wanted and was kept in formed from the start throughout my recruitment process only leaving as service is transferring out

Pros

colleagues
Same role

Unfortunate curtailment of employment

I would have liked to work for Spurgeons until I retired but unfortunatley drastic cuts in budget have made this impossible
Same location

Enjoyable and rewarding work with families and young people. Lack of much needed support and supervision from manager.

Support work was rewarding with families. I learned a lot whilst working at Spurgeons and enjoyed supporting young people.Regular training and opportunities to do additional if money was available.However, there were not enough resources and heavy case loads made it difficult to achieve good outcomes for young people and their families.Unrealistic deadlines, high case loads without proper support or supervision. Management not available for workers to debrief and talk through complex cases. Awful lack of support to deal with team issues and manager was not respected by most of the team due to her ignoring there was a problem and not being present in the team office.Long service seemed to count for nothing and hard workers ( all of the team) were not valued or appreciated.

Pros

Flexible working

Cons

Poor supervision

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spurgeons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Spurgeons with

Learn about Spurgeons in popular locations

• Spurgeons