Spurgeons

Spurgeons

Spurgeons Employee Review

Good Team Working

I worked for Spurgeons on a casual basis helping with administration when required. Unfortunately there was no opportunity for myself to progress to a permanent position which would have been better for me personally for my career development. I loved my time working with the team, a very happy environment and well supported by management when I was employed by the charity..

Same location

My experience of working for Spurgeons was not typical as it was the result of a TUPE process

Started working at 8.30 - 4.30 Management were very busy because of the TUPE process and so feedback was very inconsistent, deadlines coming and going without any feedback My co-workers were extremely supportive and helpful during my transfer process Working with the families and children and building their trust

Pros

Ability to plan my own working day

Enjoyable and rewarding work with families and young people. Lack of much needed support and supervision from manager.

Support work was rewarding with families. I learned a lot whilst working at Spurgeons and enjoyed supporting young people.Regular training and opportunities to do additional if money was available.However, there were not enough resources and heavy case loads made it difficult to achieve good outcomes for young people and their families.Unrealistic deadlines, high case loads without proper support or supervision. Management not available for workers to debrief and talk through complex cases. Awful lack of support to deal with team issues and manager was not respected by most of the team due to her ignoring there was a problem and not being present in the team office.Long service seemed to count for nothing and hard workers ( all of the team) were not valued or appreciated.

Pros

Flexible working

Cons

Poor supervision

Great team and supportive management.

I have been here a year and I love it but would like more responsibility and money. Travelling to and from the island is expensive for me and traffic can be a nightmare.

Pros

Too many to list

Cons

travelling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spurgeons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Spurgeons with

Learn about Spurgeons in popular locations

• Spurgeons