Spurgeons

Spurgeons

Spurgeons Employee Review

Great team and supportive management.

I have been here a year and I love it but would like more responsibility and money. Travelling to and from the island is expensive for me and traffic can be a nightmare.

Pros

Too many to list

Cons

travelling

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Enjoyable and rewarding work with families and young people. Lack of much needed support and supervision from manager.

Support work was rewarding with families. I learned a lot whilst working at Spurgeons and enjoyed supporting young people.Regular training and opportunities to do additional if money was available.However, there were not enough resources and heavy case loads made it difficult to achieve good outcomes for young people and their families.Unrealistic deadlines, high case loads without proper support or supervision. Management not available for workers to debrief and talk through complex cases. Awful lack of support to deal with team issues and manager was not respected by most of the team due to her ignoring there was a problem and not being present in the team office.Long service seemed to count for nothing and hard workers ( all of the team) were not valued or appreciated.

Pros

Flexible working

Cons

Poor supervision

Good Team Working

I worked for Spurgeons on a casual basis helping with administration when required. Unfortunately there was no opportunity for myself to progress to a permanent position which would have been better for me personally for my career development. I loved my time working with the team, a very happy environment and well supported by management when I was employed by the charity..

Worked as a volunteer before I did my degree in youth work. Pleasant staff, good managers (been a while so may have changed) good training, advice and guidance

Pros

Training, good place to learn

Cons

None really

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spurgeons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Spurgeons with

Learn about Spurgeons in popular locations

• Spurgeons
  • Great team and supportive management.