Spurgeons

Spurgeons Employee Reviews in London

London2 reviews

3.4Job security & advancement

Enjoy working with the public

• All Receptionist duties carried out in a professional and friendly manner using a warm welcoming smile. • Always adhere to security policies ensuring staff and the general public are safe. • Responding to customer/employer requests, whether in person, by mail or via email, in a polite and professional manner. • Ensuring families with children are taken care of appropriately. • Answering switchboard phones, dealing with and directing calls appropriately. • Escorting clients to various conference rooms and buildings. • Explaining procedures to customers and staff members. • Taking messages in a positive and effective manner. • Building and maintain good relationships with prison staff. • Opening and closing buildings in accordance with company policy. • Good record keeping both manually and on computer. • General filing carried out according to company policy. • Booking clients in/out of buildings in a professional manner • Handling Petty Cash and carrying out banking duties, always ensuring cash is balanced out. • Making sure conference rooms are clean and tidy. • Organising catering facilities for functions. • Safeguarding the welfare of all people especially children. Most of my working career has been team based, where I always demonstrate good practice. I work within the guidelines of my employer and follow regulations. I am responsible and sensitive to all my colleagues’ and others needs. Am extremely trustworthy and have excellent time keeping. During my time working at Brixton and Wormwood Scrubs Prisons, I have worked as a team member. I carry -

Pros

Helping the public

Cons

Long travelling to work

Productive and supportive

I am a playworker in the visits area. I work togheter with the family support workers in order to make sure that children and families needs are met. I did learn how to build supportive, trusting relationship with children and families and creating a positive atmosphere. I normally discuss any difficulty or doubt with my line manager, referring what is needed to emprove our service. I normally arrive a bit earlier in the playarea to organise space and activities and to run my regular risk assesment of the play area. I also run the play session trying to involve children with different needs and background making sure that children are free to come in and also spend time with their families. When possible I try to make parents interacting with children in my activities. I work by myself in the play area so I normally manage my time in the most productive way by myself. I belong to the family support time and I need to cooperate with the rest of the team whether there is any familiar issue or any chils is considered at risk. It is lovely to fell part of a supportive program that helps children and families facing such a difficult experience.

Insights into Spurgeons

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Supportive environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spurgeons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Spurgeons with

Spurgeons Reviews by Job Title

• Spurgeons
  • London
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?