SSGC Ltd logo
SSGC Ltd

SSGC Ltd Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

literally no support if needed

the office will not help you with any queries about hours or pay and if you are underpaid will not pay you until the next month which wouldn't be too bad if the amount wasn't always over £200. management don't really pay attention to security so be ready for consistently late co workers who do nothing.

Pros

free lunches

Badly run, uncaring

Avoid at all costs. No support, no interest, only out to make money. Staff turnover is high, job is boring, no one cares about staff. No information is given to staff about what is happening, been under threat since Christmas for only paying hours worked which doesnt match hours scheduled.

Pros

Cons

Unpredictability

Leeds testing site

I worked here the manager was a great guy always dealt with any problems or issues you had. Manager was approachable if you had any questions or issues regarding anything. Worked with a great set of lads an lasses a great team here at Leeds testing site. Would work for them again without a doubt

Pros

Free lunches teas coffees free uniform

Cons

Nothing really

It's okay

Was working at a covid test site things that need improvement was management of security on site also toilet facilities were quite poor condition. They need an app that security can book on and off on as you have to call a number and type a pin given to you sometimes it won't log you on. Enjoyed working their as there was free food and multiple breaks.

Pros

Free food on site

Cons

Poor management booking on and booking off

Productive Work Place

Overall it a good company to work for, the only difficulties you can face is lack of communication and the management are not available anything you need from them you have to email it and it will take a long time to get a reply.

Pros

Free Tea

Cons

Lack of communication

Great company

Good company to work for manager always approachable and answers questions the best he can always overtime available if needed and the upper management will also reply to messages and questions I have emailed

Incompetent, unprofessional and absolute disregard for staff.

The management is incompetent and unprofessional so much so it is unbelievable. They have complete disregard for employees and you receive no help what so ever. Just a disgusting company to work for.

Pros

The team I work with on the ground are a good bunch.

Cons

Incompetence, unprofessional and just complete and utter disregard for staffs well being.

Decent company, pay is a little low I think.

Overall decent, would just say that they should pay more to security officers and operatives. Also you can't take holidays until your three months probationary period is over.

Pros

Nice and easy going.

Cons

Long hours, pay could be better.

Unreliable and Unreachable

Worked here for a month had zero contact with any “manager” after the “screening” process aside from shift emails. Sub contractors on the Covid contract are very clicky and unprofessional which leads to a toxic atmosphere.Would avoid at all costs as no emails or calls returned at all.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Everything else.

Work from home

Expanding very quickly due to the COVID pandemic, therefore a little disorganised in its structure. Fast turn around of staff because the buoyancy is to do with a pandemic which will eventually subside, so people still apply for other jobs whilst working there. There is a core business that is not COVID related but it is much smaller, so a sense of insecurity because of that too.Nice management but overwhelmed and in unusual circumstances no one could train you for.

Pros

Paid for all overtime

Cons

Sat down all day

Jobs at SSGC Ltd

See more jobs

Poor managers.

Ironbridge covid test centre is to say the least is an odd place to work.If your face fits you will be a manager in no time. If your over 30 or male don't hold your breath. I worked on one of the MTU teams. The guys I worked with where amazing. The team leaders all aged 20 or under had no clue.No idea of how to manage people and the chance of getting the sack was unbelievable. Unless you can't get anything else don't do it stay away.As one of the team leaders said the MTU staff are treated like poo no support no future.

Pros

Guys i worked with.

Best Company I have Ever worked for

Beautiful company to work for and still working for SSGC LTD. pay is absolutely perfect. Always paid on time Never had an issue with payPaid breaks free meals what else can you ask ask for? Plenty plenty of Overtime including paid holidays 😍. You just can't go wrong with this company.I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO EVERYONE.

Pros

Top Class

Concierge

Job is not what it says on the tin working with agency's not know who is manager or who works for who travelling long distances one day off sometimes total confusion

Pros

Cons

Confused

Can't wait to get out!

Cut my hours by 17 hours a week with absolutely no correspondence, no written notice. Not even a word from my manager.Then, a few weeks later I recieved an email informing me that my pay was being reduced by £1.00 per hour! Once again, no correspondence, communication or heads up on the matter. Just an email saying if I didn't agree to it my contract would be terminated.I have never felt so indispensable and undervalued. There is no one to speak to if I need advice or any information regarding my role.

Pros

Cons

Zero communication and very poor values

Don't bother with this company. Wether you are a manager or lower the company does not answer the phone and does not answer emails, only after many attempts will you get anyone respond to you and if they do respond they are very little if any help. Be it any type of query. The pay is wrong every single month and its not a couple quid it's hundreds of pounds. Absolute shambles.

Pros

Decent hourly rate for the role i carried out.

Cons

Pay always wrong, the company is unreachable no matter what the query is, Threatening the use of ACAS seemed to be the only thing that got things done.

A culture of intimidation

Working within the test & trace end of the company management threatened staff with termination for seeking a Covid vaccine. The rationale was that staff weren't frontline enough, even though coming into direct contact with positive members of the public.Company also barely vetted staff and at one time had a member steal from another, management were slow to act and threatened staff for speaking about it.I would not work for this company unless you want to be mistreated. Frankly management is laughable at times, even one manager thought there had been x2 the number of positive tests results compared to the entire UK population. They don't know what they are doing and it's shocking the government has granted a contract.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Endless list of issues

Useless company

I was working as security officer, I can't recommend my enemies to work with this kind of company. The management is rubbish. No one pay attention to health and safety issues . They don't care about their workers contribution concerning healthy and safety. Images I was working at the cabin, no heating system, no drinking water etc. If you complain, they're looking for a way to dismissal you. Very useless company

Good job

Good job depending on what site you are put on. Certain sites have power trippy managers struggling toDeal with 50 customers a day. Long hours in cold temperatures outdoors for no clear reason. Management stick together and make a lot of reports up. Will remove your shifts instantly without review

Pros

Pay

Cons

Managers

Brilliant employer

The SSGC employees are a diverse bunch, coming together to fight the virus! People are coming from the hospitality industry, aviation, engineers, ex military or serving reservists, firemen/women, shop workers and licensed security guards. If you are working at a Covid site for SSGC you only have to have an SIA licence if you are security. Even though SSGC is a very large Manned Guarding company, there are many many roles that you can do without a licence. If you are a military veteran you are guaranteed an interview. The opportunities and career advancement are always available and the whole “virus” experience is fast changing - therefore you need to be adaptable and able to embrace change quickly!

Pros

4 on 4 off working pattern. No nights unless security

Cons

13 hour days

Badly run on the ground back office seems efficient

Was offered job in covid site in Ballymena accepted the job asked them for Start date never got it as I was in a job and needed to give notice. Emailed them a few times about this after a week was told the job was no longer available very strange as they asked me to go on training with 2 days notice as I could not do it as I had to give notice. Would not recommend this company at all as they messed me about

Pros

Cons

Good interviews but that's it!!

Good company to work for

The company is good, i have worked for them for about 8 months, they pay the salary on time, but sometimes payslips and back-sheet don’t match. Apart from that they pay you holiday pay also and all other rights that you have. But difficult to get answered through the phone sometimes when you call employee concierge. Overall in my experience if you need job it’s a good company to start with and earn money.

Pros

Free meal

Cons

Hours are 12hrs, 11hrs and 13hrs shifts 4 on 4 off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SSGC Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8