SSGC Ltd

SSGC Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom227 reviews

emailquerycovidsitereplywagecontactsecurity

decent

good jobsno job security though can be kinda stressful at the end of a contract unsure where you will be working next it is quite daunting in fact to be this unaware

Terrible company

Never again shocking to work for. Management are a joke and not reliable at all . They say one thing to your face then you can never contact them afterwards.

Pros

Cons

Bad management

Insights into SSGC Ltd

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Waste of time

I worked for this company during covid at the end of our hard work they let us go like we're nothing the managers and schedulers are abit corrupt they pick and choose my site managers knew i did things correctly they would till today vouch for me but overall whilst your in ssgc they did look after us just that they need to upgrade with these people thats why many guards didnt like the company.

Working /management

Could not get hold of senior management with complaints and if you were lucky to get through it seems they wasn’t bothered and took ages to try and resolve it …

Temporary work

Very unstable job temporary contract with emails sent out weekly saying could be redundancy for staff. You tick a box saying only 48hrs a week and they email you to do extra shifts, when you clearly opted out by saying you only want 48hrs. You are standing in the rain most days no shelter no proper management on site, so people do whatever they like taking long breaks 1 half hours instead of half an hour is common and go missing totally from where they are suppose to be . Very undisciplined and complete chaos and a joke as far as I could see. No control over staff whatsoever zero control they do whatever they like and most of the time get away with it.

Encouraging and Supportive place to work

A good company to work with high quality services and competent management. Indeed truly a trust worthy company but no job continuity guarantee. I enjoyed working with SSGC but unfortunately for me I lost my job with them due to redundancy as they were unable to secure another job for me.

Guards are. Ok. No communication with management

Long hours. Pay on time. Management never answer calls or emails. Booking holidays or wanting time off is a nightmare. Wouldn't pay double time or time and half for bank holidays

Pros

Non

Cons

Non

Good at first ,but went downhill fast

Worked there for 8 months through covid,first 4 months went very well but then mistakes with pay was constant also you would lose hours without them even telling you .Management was so poor they never reply to you

Pros

Pay, work life balance

Cons

Poor management

Fast paced

Still with this company on a 0 hour contract.Working 12 hour days on a covid test and trace site is great if you don’t have any prior commitments, E.g. children.Monthly wage is only paid on time if you send several emails or take them to court

Pros

Good range of cultures

Cons

Monthly wages not paid on time

Management are a joke

Not a great company to work for. Always messing up wages (every month) . No support from management (if you can actually get hold of anyone) no help at all and no responsibility taken for anything.

Pros

4 on 4 off

Cons

Terrible management and payroll are a joke

HR is horrible here

From not getting paid properly and having to chase HR to correct the pay. It would take weeks for them to fix it and even when they did, it was still wrong most of the time.

Fun workplace

Lots of Overtime, remote working and at times can be quite laid back. Furthermore it’s an easy job so can’t really complain. Overall I’d say it’s a good environment, everyone's very warm, polite and, caring. The bond and environment with my teammates is what I enjoy the most, exchange ideas, feedbacks about work, get to know each other. It has been a truly blessing gaining so much experience and knowledge in place that you feel welcomed. Most of all the pay is better than most

Management was the best for me, always I've been paid correctly never had issues with the payment. I will be happy to work again in this company.......

Good pay poor management

The pay was good and the job was great working with colleagues. Management was terrible didn't have a clue how to run the place and trying to get in touch with someone from head office was impossible. No one answers emails or calls and holiday requests took months to get approved

Okay

My work site as quite a range of staff of all races and creed and we all get on as team and be respectful to each other as well as customers. Most of the time I feel appreciated other times its like I am a number to make money off

Great

Great job and worthwhile while it lasted. Good team of people. Always looked forward to going to work.You did need to log your hours and keep a record to makesure pay was correct.

Pros

Good experience

Cons

Only temporary, sometimes had to chase pay as often incorrect but always got sorted.

New challenge and experience

I did enjoy working at this Covid19 site:I start working as security officer then I have move to a new position as ops.Covid Marshall role Supervisor (Management)

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Avoid for your own sanity

If I could rate this company a 0 star I would but I can't. How they are still trading and still in business I will never know. I don't really know what they achieve all I know is they cannot pay you your wages correctly EVER. It's really sad we have to chase for the money we have worked hard for. Contacting management is a myth and employee benefits? Absolutely none. All their head office staff are dotted around and don't know how to answer the phone and often when they do its RUDE.

Cons

Just a number, paid wrong every month, never can contact anyone, You call to speak to someone about why you are missing half your wages and get faced with ATTITUDE.

Worst company ever, stay away

This is worst company In every possible sense, if you have an issue they don’t answer, they are lax and they refute everything. Late pay, pay mistakes, you must submit a form for any query, so the employee is in the negative in contacting the company, you just have to wait and somtimes it can take up to 2 weeks just to get a reply, if you ask them how much holiday you have before taking it, you receive a different response every time. If you email them they don’t answer, if you call they don’t pick up, they treat you like rubbish to put it mildly. There’s no self respect as a company,I would urge anyone to stay well clear. Managers are non existent. They don’t even give you work, the response is there is no work if something pops up we will let you know.

good company

Work for one year , certainly not a bad company to work . Pay was good , reasonable, quick response to any query raised as an employee, easy to contact.

Pros

Free lunch

Not professional…

Never want to recommend any one cause anytime they can stop your shift without any advance notice and you will be jobless.If you call them they will not give you any proper explanation and you are the one who will get suffer….

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SSGC Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement