St Albans City and District Council

St Albans City and District Council Employee Reviews

Cut staff therefore remaining staff expected to pickup extra work. Long hours required, contacted on mobile/laptop out of hours. No work life balance.
Pros
City centre location
Cons
A typical day at work was often being excluded, left with feelings of isolation and no prospects of representation due to a lack of diversity within the management settings. The hardest part of the job was being excluded, feelings of not being valued nor appreciated,misjudgement of my intelligence, feeling less favoured than other peers and constantly being tested and observed as if I was in prison. This made me feel very uncomfortable.
Pros
Emails sometimes were the only form of communications so therefore made me feel safe
Cons
Policy guidance - powerful
Very supportive and friendly environment. Lots of flexible working options. Good policies to support employees. Limited financial resources often restricts ability to operate more efficiently.
Understaffed, bullying, no respect for colleagues, low morale, awful HR. I give the company 10 years, and how it treats its staff is disgusting. Bullying from management and nobody listens. Look somewhere else.
Cons
Not a bad place to work everyone is friendly but also nothing special. I'm currently doing an IT apprenticeship here and has been good just sometimes feel that it could have been more to it if i worked somewhere else.
Pros
Flexible hours