St Christopher's Hospice

United Kingdom16 reviews

Clear
3.7Job security & advancement

Excellent place to work

Interesting workplace with good ideas and ability to take on new challenges, good educational back up. Supportive management and friendly staff. Good facilities.

productive

working at St Christopher's Hospice as a volunteer was relaxed and laid back. volunteering is the best way to get experience because it helped me to use the tills and handle the money that's in the tills it also helped me with doing the shop floor display.

Insights into St Christopher's Hospice

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Good place to work with

There is no better place innovation wise and boldness. Good education opportunities. Not so good was the lack of long term stability regarding the role I have got, because of funding.

Its a good place to learn how to care for people. i became more empathic and compassionate after my placement at the hospice

rewarding workplace, highly inspirational

working at this organisation is truly rewarding and beneficial both to clients and my own self-development. The team are inspirational and the supervision, further education programmes and support are fantastic.

Fun place to be

Volunteering at St Christopher's gave me all the skills that would help me later in life to get a job. I was working all over the shop from working on the till, to restocking and pricing items, to sorting out old stock. Management is there to always there if you need help with prices, or unsure on anything, or up for a good laugh. there was no seen hierarchy, Friendly environment, thoroughly enjoyed working there, Hardest part- with donations when you cannot find space for the items but at the same time there is no room in the back for storage Enjoyable part- working with everyone, overall customer experience

Pros

Friendly environment

Cons

Overload in donations

good team everyone friendly and helpful.

Seeing positive end results for all the work I put in was very enjoyable and motivated me more.

Pros

given autonomy to work and make decisions. no autocratic culture

Cons

no external training provided and small chance of promotion

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St Christopher's Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement