St Christopher's Hospice

St Christopher's Hospice Management reviews

United Kingdom16 reviews

Clear

Excellent place to work

Interesting workplace with good ideas and ability to take on new challenges, good educational back up. Supportive management and friendly staff. Good facilities.

Family friendly

Very rewarding, great to work as part of a team and care for others. The staff were lovely to work for and were very pleasant and kind people. I worked there for a few years and the management were always there to give me flexible working times due to having a young daughter. The management were kind and often wanted to know how I was feeling and were always there to discuss any problems I had. The job is rewarding as you get to look after people And their family as they come together at this sad time.

Pros

Feeling like part of a family

Insights into St Christopher's Hospice

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Fun place to be

Volunteering at St Christopher's gave me all the skills that would help me later in life to get a job. I was working all over the shop from working on the till, to restocking and pricing items, to sorting out old stock. Management is there to always there if you need help with prices, or unsure on anything, or up for a good laugh. there was no seen hierarchy, Friendly environment, thoroughly enjoyed working there, Hardest part- with donations when you cannot find space for the items but at the same time there is no room in the back for storage Enjoyable part- working with everyone, overall customer experience

Pros

Friendly environment

Cons

Overload in donations

Great environment

Put donations onto the database, processing 300,000 gifts a year worth a total of £7.5 million. Interacting with donors, making sure any problems they have had with their donations etc can be solved. The management are good and fair. I knew what i was doing at all times and they allowed you to give your input into certain matters and they weren't afraid to use your ideas. There is a great atmosphere in the office. Everyone is really bubbly and gets on well, and you enjoy working there more because of it. The pressure at the end of the month, having to get all of the gifts on before the monthly review. Also dealing with emotional donors after a loved one passing was a tough at first.

Pros

A lot of responsibility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St Christopher's Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement