St Christopher's Hospice

United Kingdom16 reviews

Clear
3.6Pay & benefits

Good place to work with

There is no better place innovation wise and boldness. Good education opportunities. Not so good was the lack of long term stability regarding the role I have got, because of funding.

Chairty shop

I wasnt too keen for the chairty shop as my vouluntry work as i didnt find it intrested, i just had to sort clothes and other stuff in the back room, It was an easy daya normal 9-4\5 jobs shift work

Pros

N/a

Cons

Boring at times

Insights into St Christopher's Hospice

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

It wasn't about the money, it was about the experience

I remember my first time in the shop, working out the back pricing the items. I remember annoying my nan asking her every two seconds how much should i price this or how much should i price that. i loved every minute of it, and was intrigued to learn new things and more. I loved sorting through the clothes, bringing in the ones that were out of date. The till i most enjoyed, learning new things, meeting and greeting and interacting with more customers. The hardest part was the idea that i wasn't so confident at the beginning, but that's what i loved about the job, I grew to feel more confident with co-workers and the customers. But what I loved the most was how much time I could spend with my nan, while doing something we both love.

Pros

Lovely colleagues

Cons

N/a

Great environment

Put donations onto the database, processing 300,000 gifts a year worth a total of £7.5 million. Interacting with donors, making sure any problems they have had with their donations etc can be solved. The management are good and fair. I knew what i was doing at all times and they allowed you to give your input into certain matters and they weren't afraid to use your ideas. There is a great atmosphere in the office. Everyone is really bubbly and gets on well, and you enjoy working there more because of it. The pressure at the end of the month, having to get all of the gifts on before the monthly review. Also dealing with emotional donors after a loved one passing was a tough at first.

Pros

A lot of responsibility

good team everyone friendly and helpful.

Seeing positive end results for all the work I put in was very enjoyable and motivated me more.

Pros

given autonomy to work and make decisions. no autocratic culture

Cons

no external training provided and small chance of promotion

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St Christopher's Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement