St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

The management does not support their staff. It is a very stressful place to work but they put way to much on a person plus that person could b doing up three peoples work. When been bullied no help
I worked at St George's hospital for 14months neurosurgy, this hospital looks down on you by your job role. They are very racist management if you speak up about management they will destroy you, make you look incompetent and try to destroy your documents in order for you not to get hired by any other trust. St George's University Hospital are not ethical. Please avoid working there, I was shocked, ho Hospital
Pros
None.
Cons
Racism and bullying culture.
The pharmacy management is not honest, does not care for their employees. They allowed certain employees to do things that they would turn around and punish another employee for doing the proper way. Policies are undermined by management to suit own agenda's, there is a strong sense of isolation and exclusion. Bullying does occur and is kept under wraps and within closed circles. Power and influence seem to be common politics at pharmacy. Not to mention management is antiquated and believes that everyone should be subjected to their same tactics and strategies for advancing. The workplace culture was much divided. You are looked down on depending upon your job title. I absolutely love the actual work I do. I enjoyed the learning experience but one person ruined my work life there. It is unfortunate but maybe it was a blessing in disguise. I would have never been where I am now. This is definitely not a place to stay. The pharmacy ATO position is a pass-through. Overall, it's good for some and not for others.
St Georges have enabled me to meet achieve greatness. Developing me to further my skills and abilities within my healthcare career and current role as an Trauma and Orthopaedic physical therapy technician. "Best hospital to gain and further your knowledge."
The job is enjoyable. Patients are lovely. There is a culture of bullying within the hospital by managers. Your wellbeing and safety is not considered at all.
Fun with a young workforce, but poor management. The support was not always available especially when there was a lot of winter pressures. Staff were not trained fairly.
the job was a very high profile role that looks after around 250 Live studies at any one time, with another 25 in set up, 70% commercial studies, and 30% non-commercial, looked after by 50 principle investigators, The role was exciting and interesting but very demanding, tight deadlines and procedures that need to be followed
Poor training and expected to know everything within a week. Patronising assistant service manager who lacks in initiative. Constantly thrown many tasks at once and expected to complete in a day during a period where there is shortness of staff. You are made to feel incapable of doing your job role when in hindsight you have been thrown in the deep end with minimal training and told to cover when there’s no management! Discrimination for being a woman by other staff members and not taken seriously when complaint is made to assistant service manager.
I’ve been to St George’s for a year and I have been working in different dept. All I can say everyone was very nice and helpful. Manager was very understanding if you’ve a baby. Unfortunately I’ve to leave because I relocated outside London. Miss working there.
Bullying is not tackled by HR or management and including my own experience there are many colleagues who have to suffer daily unacceptable behaviour from staff when just trying to make a living and helping patients through a difficult time in their lives. Don't think things will improve as any feedback about bullying goes against you in my experience.
Amazing friendly environment and lovely 12 neonatal consultants that are very supportive and approachable. The neonatal staff are very experienced and friendly. The AANP are very experienced. Faryal
There is so much bullying at this hospital that it has become the normal culture. I could not get out of there fast enough as I've never experienced anything like it. I do not usually like negative social media comments but I feel an obligation to warn people.
Pros
money and a promotion
Cons
extreme bullying
The tasks I was given were easy to understand because it was easy to talk to staff. Staff there are very understanding and helpful and they made me feel comfortable while working there. The place where I was working was in a office with five other people it was not overwhelming.
Pros
It was interesting and educational
Cons
It was repetitive
I worked as a Health Care Assistant for 14 Months and it was the worst 14 months in a Job I have ever Experienced.Bullying Culture in this Hospital is Rife.Management had Poor Conflict Resolution Skills. HR are not the knight in shining Armour people think they are.Their Job is to Protect Management and attempt to discredit any one who dares to open their mouth about shifts,concerns and bullying. The most enjoyable part of the Job for me was providing care to the patients.I loved it.The hardest Part of the job was listening to the constant backstabbing, and witnessing poor patient Practices that Management Ignored.
Pros
Patients, Pay
Cons
Bullying Culture
It has been 19 yrs since I worked here-but the time I spent there-I thoroughly enjoyed. I also trained as a Registered General Nurse and felt that the training was excellent quality
It is extremely stressful work environment. Bullying is widespread . You have to agree to every thing the unit dictate. If you don't you are a troublemaker and you are bullied by manager. No support system.
Pros
Lovely patients
Cons
No support system
As a temporary employee I am unlikely to have gained a full perspective of work in the hospital. However, my experience was very positive and I enjoyed the work that I performed.
I have really enjoyed my late job within this organisation. The team work was great and I have manage to gained a lot of experience, during my eight years working within this organisation. Howeve, I didnot like the very long days, that ended up running into the following days. My team players I think were the best, because they help the day to go by quickly.
Do have an informal visit of area you intend to work in prior to applying. Check your contract matches your job description as often there have been job descriptions with promises of banding changes but contract doesn't match this.
Pros
Award winning maternity service with university attached
Cons
Limited role progression
It is easy to fit into a department as your fellow colleagues are extremely helpful and easy to work with. Unfortunately, the management of this hospital brings down the moral of staff and patients in very high volumes, potentially affecting one's working environment. It is extremely difficult with all the cutbacks in the NHS in vital areas. In an organisational chart, the top management areas are unaffected and it clearly shows bringing a lot of tension into the workplace as many of the staff feel under appreciated which in turn decreases motivation. Overall, the hospital is a good place to hit the ground running as there are so many diverse areas to work in using your skills. No one job is the same. Working as an administrator, I have learnt so many new skills and I have adapted to many roles within my department, from receptionist, to admin support and to PA.
Pros
Variety of skills used and learnt in one job
Cons
Management of departments
I have truly enjoyed working with the boys of the University for 4 years in which we have also experienced some winning time and joy. Currently working with them.