St Mary's Catholic Primary School

St Mary's Catholic Primary School Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working in this school and learnt a lot of new things. Staff are welcoming as well. Learnt a lot about how children learn and the different ways of teaching.
Head is unapproachable and doesn't care about staff. Just bothered about results! Marking is too detailed and cumbersome. Head has her favourites and the rest get ignored.
Pros
Cons
No support from Head, no work lifebalance, too much papereork reqired every week
The team is well collaborated in day to day work, we work closely together to support children within the classroom and aim to help children wherever we can. As a religious school we aim to incorporate this into our day to day school life by saying prayers in the morning at lunch and before the end of the day. I have learnt a lot within the school on how to assist children with their learning and how to manage children's behavior.
In the morning I would work in the office and afternoon i would work in a classroom depending what was need. I learnt how to do the register and some other things as well as how different teachers do there jobs in different ways.
Pros
Not long hours
a welcoming productive workplace with lots of helpful staff, a work environment full of enthusiasm and structure, the students are extremely well behaved and well dressed, providing a great image for the school.
Pros
comfortable environment
Cons
busy
St Mary's Catholic Primary school, is a fun,hard working place for the children to be able to develop their needs. Doing work experience at St Mary's, i was able to find out a lot about their typical day at work, and what things they do on a daily basis. I throughly enjoyed working with the children, helping them develop their learning. It did involve quick problem solving, changing how to explain things to meet their learning needs. Overall, it is a fun and exciting workplace to work, full of lovely teachers.
Pros
receive two breaks, break time and lunch time
Cons
if you had jobs to do, you might have to work through break times
In the time i spent there i learned new skills with how to communicate as part of a team as well as how to work efficiently in one. The overall experience was enjoyable.
I enjoyed my work placement at this school a lot it allowed me to further my knowledge towards children and working with them. Helped me gain confidence when it came to asking the teacher if they needed anything doing or if I could have anything to do to stop me from being bored, I would have rather been productive than not doing anything due to wanting to help and be more active
Pros
Gained experience
Lovely Atmosphere to work in, everyone is helpful and management is very understanding, especially if you have children of your own. would highly recommend working for this company.
Lovely place to work, management is lovely and very supportive and understanding, especially if you have children of your own it is good to work in an understanding environment.
Jobs at St Mary's Catholic Primary School
See more jobs
When I worked for St Mary's it was a very noisy environment with all the children around but I adapted very quickly and just blocked out the sounds and got on with the work that was given to me by my supervisor, but on the other hand it was a very friendly and fun workplace with all the friendly and cheerful teachers and parents that could put a smile on your face with a simple "Hello" not to mention how friendly and fun it was to be around my work colleges.
Pros
Early finish
A typical day at work consisted of several jobs ranging from working close with the pupils to typical teaching assistant jobs i.e. photocopying, printing etc. I learnt the ins and outs of the job e.g. PPA time, the effort that goes into the planning and preparation of the lessons. The most enjoyable part of the job was working closely with the pupils especially when they grasped the concept of something they were struggling with.
Whilst doing my work experience here at St Mary's Catholic Primary School i learnt some excellent skills with primary teaching, the teachers here are lovely and friendly.
A typical day at the nursery would be very productive, on the go, and satisfying as I got to help with children's needs and I got the opportunity to teach them new things such as how to read and write. Working in the nursery was very beneficial as I learnt vital skills such as good time keeping, working efficiently and productively etc.
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
Temporary work
Working with children in a large environment, very productive and fun workplace on a day to day basis with a range of different children from a range of ages nursery to year 6
Pros
Childnre
Cons
Fulfilling and great job to have. Extremes you friendly staff, encouraging and great at teaching new skills. Never made me afraid of learning new skills, have high expectations and wonderful place to work
Great place to work just to far away i loved working here but the distance was to far getting there and back i really wish it had of been closer as it was a great place to work
Pros
Lovely workplace
Cons
To far
Une journée de travail typique: Enseignant le Français à des enfants une fois par semaine par le biais de cours interactifs avec l’ensemble de la classe, les professeurs me laissant leur classe entière durant environ 30 minutes, puis par groupes de 4-5 enfants toutes les 15 min pendant 1h. Préparation des cours (PowerPoint, sujet du cours, ensemble du cours…) et activités (jeux sollicitant la participation verbale active des enfants) Les enseignants avec qui je travaillais étaient très gentils et accueillants.
Pros
Bonne expérience
Cons
Peu d'heures par semaine
Didn't get paid as it was work experience and it was a good school. Made you feel very welcome and you always felt comfortable around the people and children.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No cons
Very enjoyable place to work as the staff are great and very welcoming and supportive. The kids are fantastic to work with and it feels like one big family.
Pros
Felt inmportant
Cons
Long days
1-1 Teaching Assistant. Helping provide support to child and encourage them to work to the best of their ability. Great place to work, friendly staff and atmosphere.