St Vincent de Paul Society logo
View all St Vincent de Paul Society reviews

St Vincent de Paul Society

St Vincent de Paul Society Employee Review

Passion exudes charity fundraisers

I worked for these in the capacity of a volunteer and, although it did not have career prospects or a salary, I enjoyed the passion which exuded from volunteers who genuinely wanted to help people.

1.0Job security/advancement

Toxic

Volunteered for SVP for the summer and glad I left. The environment was quite toxic with the older staff mostly keeping to themselves and not as inclusive as they advertised. Customer experience was more negative than positive with many thinking that standing around and talking to staff and volunteers asking personal questions were okay and allowed. I was expected to come in on certain days and do set hours, much like a part-time job but unpaid. I left after after college resumed and landed a better (paid) job soon after.

Very friendly

I'm a volunteer here, but the environment is very friendly, making it easy for a new volunteer or employee to get comfortable quickly. The work can get a bit monotonous sometimes, but there's always something else available

Pros

Relaxed

Cons

Monotonous

Great

Good place to volunteer very helpful and lovely workers, help me gain confidence and communication skill as well as team work and till work helping customers and selling to customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St Vincent de Paul Society. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement