St Vincent de Paul Society

St Vincent de Paul Society Employee Reviews

Love working for good causes. St. Vincent's helps many people that have been through very difficult times. It maybe a Christian/Catholic charity but you do not need to be religious to give or receive help from them. By no means was this a slow paced work environment, but it did give great job satisfaction, accomplishing so many things. On the whole, great team, great family vibe, upper management invests and looks after there mangers.
Volunteered for SVP for the summer and glad I left. The environment was quite toxic with the older staff mostly keeping to themselves and not as inclusive as they advertised. Customer experience was more negative than positive with many thinking that standing around and talking to staff and volunteers asking personal questions were okay and allowed. I was expected to come in on certain days and do set hours, much like a part-time job but unpaid. I left after after college resumed and landed a better (paid) job soon after.
Good job, poor pay, poor management. Diverse staff team, disagree with only 2 on a shift given the nature of the clientele and risk factors associated with the job role.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Poor work hours
Fulfilling, rewarding, varied and interesting with the added bonus of meeting new people. It is good fun working with friendly fellow co workers, the clients we serve and various essential key workers. Recommended to anyone seeking joy and fulfillment in their work.
Checking clothes were ok to be sold taking in donations for people speaking, to clients and getting people to join svp so they would receive an additional 25% from the government when they came in to donate things and inturn was sold. The hardest part of the Job was lifting the bags of clothes that weren't acceptable and had to go into the particular area for the a for the rag and bone man to come and buy on a Monday. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to all the different people.
Pros
speaking to different people / helping people
Cons
lifting of the bags /
I totally enjoyed working at the location, which now has been closed. My co workers were awesome. Management was great, i t made me happy to help the customers who came into the thrift store. I didn't find any of my job hard.
Great experience as a Casual Shop Manager in Dalston Junction. Manager and Deputy Manager were both hardworking and friendly. Volunteers dedicated and easy to get on with. Great cause and supportive Area Manager. Good experience overall.
Pros
Friendly working environment
Cons
No job for advancement at the time
I worked in the finance department for approx 3 months. The people here are lovely and very supportive. I worked in a small team and was welcomed from day one and although the job wasn't quite right for my skills I learnt a lot in this period and I certainly would recommend as a great place. knowing that the end result of what you do helps those in need gives you job satisfaction.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Relaxed and easy going. The only pressure was to reach targets which we met. Positive work culture. Great team spirit. Fun environment. Great customers.
I'm a volunteer here, but the environment is very friendly, making it easy for a new volunteer or employee to get comfortable quickly. The work can get a bit monotonous sometimes, but there's always something else available
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Monotonous
Good place to volunteer very helpful and lovely workers, help me gain confidence and communication skill as well as team work and till work helping customers and selling to customers.
This is a great company to work for with understanding area support management and team colleague's who care about each other. Customers are at the heart of what they do.
Pros
Fun and challenging.
Cons
Demanding
Working for St. Vincent's charity shop was definitely an experience and was definitely as experience I will never forget, I Loved working there and being assistant manager even though it was voluntary. I felt welcomed and warm there always, I met some amazing people who are now forever friends.
I am not done my work experience there yet but so far it’s excellent it’s something different but it’s great experience for when i’m older and want a proper job
The SVP is a fantastic company to work for and be a part of, there is a wide range of roles and everyone is made to feel welcome. You meet with many different people from different backgrounds, cultures and learn so much from others.
Target driven towards the betterment of the society around us. Staff are well respected and have a nice work life balance. Managers are flexible to suit the working hours.
been here 2 years and no problens barring 1. no volunteers for vans. other than that nice place to work. staff are friendly and helpful. drivers all help each other.
Pros
movement to progress
Cons
no van assistance staff
St Vincent's was a nice place to work. It's a charity shop and therefore I didn't get paid as I volunteered there. But I'm sure for those who's job it is, they get a decent salary. The environment was friendly and enjoyable.
A good place to work, friendly happy staff and manager and the customers in the community are great, lovely place to work even if it is just voluntary it’s good experience.
i enjoy working in St Vincent de Paul society and the works are really nice have a laugh and i just love working in St Vincent de Paul society very friendly people and very caring people in St Vincent's
Cons
As I worked her I began to appreciate more and more , day by day the good work this company can do. Many people are helped with many problems and there is a good sense of community here.
Pros
people are friendly and helpful with a can do attitude.
Cons
Not enough work.