St Vincent de Paul Society logo

Clear
Work-life balance

Found 14 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,168 reviews

Fulfilling and rewarding

Fulfilling, rewarding, varied and interesting with the added bonus of meeting new people. It is good fun working with friendly fellow co workers, the clients we serve and various essential key workers. Recommended to anyone seeking joy and fulfillment in their work.

I totally enjoyed working at the location, which now has been closed. My co workers were awesome. Management was great, i t made me happy to help the customers who came into the thrift store. I didn't find any of my job hard.

Fantastic team

I worked in the finance department for approx 3 months. The people here are lovely and very supportive. I worked in a small team and was welcomed from day one and although the job wasn't quite right for my skills I learnt a lot in this period and I certainly would recommend as a great place. knowing that the end result of what you do helps those in need gives you job satisfaction.

Pros

Great people

Relaxed workplace

Relaxed and easy going. The only pressure was to reach targets which we met. Positive work culture. Great team spirit. Fun environment. Great customers.

Brilliant colleagues

This is a great company to work for with understanding area support management and team colleague's who care about each other. Customers are at the heart of what they do.

Pros

Fun and challenging.

Cons

Demanding

Productive and Rewarding

The SVP is a fantastic company to work for and be a part of, there is a wide range of roles and everyone is made to feel welcome. You meet with many different people from different backgrounds, cultures and learn so much from others.

Simply Amazing!

Target driven towards the betterment of the society around us. Staff are well respected and have a nice work life balance. Managers are flexible to suit the working hours.

good people

been here 2 years and no problens barring 1. no volunteers for vans. other than that nice place to work. staff are friendly and helpful. drivers all help each other.

Pros

movement to progress

Cons

no van assistance staff

fun and productive

St Vincent's was a nice place to work. It's a charity shop and therefore I didn't get paid as I volunteered there. But I'm sure for those who's job it is, they get a decent salary. The environment was friendly and enjoyable.

St Vincent de Paul

A good place to work, friendly happy staff and manager and the customers in the community are great, lovely place to work even if it is just voluntary it’s good experience.

Jobs at St Vincent de Paul Society

See more jobs

Enjoy working here

The work is varied and and I get a lot of job satisfaction. Every day is different and dealing with customers on the phone and by email makes the job interesting.

Pros

relaxed atmosphere

good team

The team I work in is really nice and supportive. There is always something new to learn and new challenges come your way.

great and friendly staff

will help you lean and grow with confidence and gain skills to progress into a job, as this was a volunteer position the hours where flexible to your needs, great friendly staff and customers. manager at the time was very friendly and when the extra mile for staff and customers.

Pros

friendly staff

fun place to work and very friendly

typical day at work would be cash handling, stock control,, banking (on a rota basis). learned to deal with the public and stock control and banking. co-workers were great and we were a very friendly team

Pros

free cups of tea when required, helping people

Cons

no cons