St Vincent de Paul Society logo

Work-life balance
Job security & advancement

Found 11 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,168 reviews

At Vincent De Paul

Great experience as a Casual Shop Manager in Dalston Junction. Manager and Deputy Manager were both hardworking and friendly. Volunteers dedicated and easy to get on with. Great cause and supportive Area Manager. Good experience overall.

Pros

Friendly working environment

Cons

No job for advancement at the time

Toxic

Volunteered for SVP for the summer and glad I left. The environment was quite toxic with the older staff mostly keeping to themselves and not as inclusive as they advertised. Customer experience was more negative than positive with many thinking that standing around and talking to staff and volunteers asking personal questions were okay and allowed. I was expected to come in on certain days and do set hours, much like a part-time job but unpaid. I left after after college resumed and landed a better (paid) job soon after.

Review summary

Working for St. Vincent's charity shop was definitely an experience and was definitely as experience I will never forget, I Loved working there and being assistant manager even though it was voluntary. I felt welcomed and warm there always, I met some amazing people who are now forever friends.

St vincent de paul

I am not done my work experience there yet but so far it’s excellent it’s something different but it’s great experience for when i’m older and want a proper job

Productive and Rewarding

The SVP is a fantastic company to work for and be a part of, there is a wide range of roles and everyone is made to feel welcome. You meet with many different people from different backgrounds, cultures and learn so much from others.

hardworking

it is a good learning curve plenty of experience you will be busy most days as theres alot of needy people in the world in not enough help and it is volentry

Pros

experience

Cons

non stop

Fun working Environment

This experience for me was a great opportunity to learn what it was like to work in the retail department and to improve my customer service skills and building relationships with customers.

overall rating

I really enjoyed volunteering it was really fantastic the reason I left was as it was only volunteering I could leave when I wanted to and because I got another job

Passion exudes charity fundraisers

I worked for these in the capacity of a volunteer and, although it did not have career prospects or a salary, I enjoyed the passion which exuded from volunteers who genuinely wanted to help people.

Rewarding experience

I was able to help out at a primary school. The experience was rewarding as I was able to help some pupils with their learning.

Jobs at St Vincent de Paul Society