St Vincent de Paul Society logo

Work-life balance
Pay & benefits

Found 10 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,168 reviews

Review summary

Working for St. Vincent's charity shop was definitely an experience and was definitely as experience I will never forget, I Loved working there and being assistant manager even though it was voluntary. I felt welcomed and warm there always, I met some amazing people who are now forever friends.

Productive and Rewarding

The SVP is a fantastic company to work for and be a part of, there is a wide range of roles and everyone is made to feel welcome. You meet with many different people from different backgrounds, cultures and learn so much from others.

Simply Amazing!

Target driven towards the betterment of the society around us. Staff are well respected and have a nice work life balance. Managers are flexible to suit the working hours.

good place to work

As I worked her I began to appreciate more and more , day by day the good work this company can do. Many people are helped with many problems and there is a good sense of community here.

Pros

people are friendly and helpful with a can do attitude.

Cons

Not enough work.

hardworking

it is a good learning curve plenty of experience you will be busy most days as theres alot of needy people in the world in not enough help and it is volentry

Pros

experience

Cons

non stop

chairly shop

and i learing that got make sure the hanger are on the right one and price it all and size and make sure it all tidly and halthy and safe andand make sure there stuff you can sale

Passion exudes charity fundraisers

I worked for these in the capacity of a volunteer and, although it did not have career prospects or a salary, I enjoyed the passion which exuded from volunteers who genuinely wanted to help people.

Friendly Workplace

Working at St Vincents was a pleasure! The atmospherewas friendly, and I felt very safe at the shop. The staff were terrific, very friendly and easy to get on with. It was very much about feeling connected to the community, as some would come in just for a chat; I learnt about working in a shop but also grew in personal development.

i help out on the firist floor .sorting out black bags

im already doing a job for st.vincent de pul working on the firist floor helping out

Pros

dont get any

Cons

10 am to lunch

Excellent

I went into this volunteering job with hardies no retail experience & not only the manager but the rest of the volunteers too, helped me along the way to be able to know & be confidant what I do today. I am now able to open & run the store on my own; able to fill out paperwork & end of day money on my own, with no problems whatsoever. To new volunteers, I like to be able to show them around & share whatever knowledge I have with them so, they too, can be confident enough to enjoy their work. To be able to be part of such a positive group like St Vincent is a privilege, I really enjoy being there.

Jobs at St Vincent de Paul Society