St. Anne's Community Services logo
St. Anne's Community Services

St. Anne's Community Services Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

the clients and their families are the best

the management are the worst 😒 😫, no regards for us support workers, double booking and conflicted rotas are very common problems, management very rude and aggressive specially if your soft person

Pros

you get so much love and respect from clients and their families.

Cons

horrid management and co-ordinators

20 January 2021
Thankyou for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry to hear your experience of working at one of our services was not fully positive. We do take all feedback received extremely seriously and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Amazing clients and some staff

Sycophantic staff and many managers are the same, I've always believed that the vulnerable should be cared for, sadly St Anne's don't, they've got all the patter, but it's just propaganda, CQC on tap so they believe, revenge is not my thing, the rotten apples will fall from the tree all by themselves, eventually!!!

Pros

The clients good people deserve better

Cons

Con is the right word

Horrendous

Appalling management, over worked and underpaid. No support whatsoever. Treat unfairly throughout and clients aren’t their priority. AVOID at all costs.

Support Worker

This place is a horrible place to work. Management chose to employ friends and family of theirs who them get away with anything. Patients are not treated how they should be. Bullying environment.

27 November 2020
Thankyou for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry to hear your experience of working at one of our services was not positive. We take all feedback seriously and thank you for bringing this to our attention.We wish you all the best for the future.

Such a caring company

An actual company that cares as much about its staff and management as it does the clients Full staff support from all areas of the business regular checks and support good rates of pay time, Overtime available but not frowned about if not wanted. 24/7 support if needed

Pros

Supportive network excellent training

Cons

Mixture of day and night shift for all staff

30 November 2020
Thankyou for taking the time to leave a review. We are very pleased to hear the positive feedback provided and hope you continue to enjoy working with St Anne's.

The staff run the place

The clients are the reason i worked at st annes. They taught me alot about myself and i really enjoyed working with them. The staff on the other hand were a headache, a few cliques, basically the same boring stuff that occurs in care homes Some staff and management become friends, therefore management let their 'friends', get away with unpleasant and unprofessional behaviour.

Blame culture

Like all other social care organisations, they profess to care about their staff but don't. Its the clients who suffer in the long run. There is a blame culture.

Just Bad

Poor staff. More interested in themselves than clients. Serval managers over the years. If you face doesn't fit you don't have a chance. Long term staff bullied out of the role.

Ok

OK it's ok. I don't have much to say other than its a fairly good company to work with. I font just like the work Culture much and the staff and the hours and the pay

Very offensive work place.

Management wanted my work belongings. Luckily for me they got nothing!! I was very happy to acquire work elsewhere. Management did not know how to appreciate their staff. I will not work at a place where staff like myself are '' ill-treated '' .

Jobs at St. Anne's Community Services

See more jobs

Excellent care provider and supportive management

I worked for St Anne's in North Yorkshire for close to thirteen years, they were possibly some of the best years of my working career. Management was supportive and informative and my colleagues the same. The care and support St Anne's provides is second to none in my opinion, the only reason I left was due to area relocation.

Pros

Supportive staff and management, excellent training

Cons

Cant think of any

Busy

Great staff team but under pressure to achieve unrealistic goals with the level of staffing. Fun to work for when time constraints allow and very rewarding working with the clients.

Awful management

Management petty and impossible to work with . Enjoyed work and staff were nice so a real shame management at the time was more interested in working against staff than with . Poor wages but that is usual for this type of job

n/a

no support for staff, little or no progression. when it comes to clients wishes these are ignored. its all about ticking boxes and keeping CQC, SAFEGARDING SWEET

Pros

1 Meal per shift

Cons

Always short of staff, Relying on agency

On a daily basis

On a daily basis I work as a time I help create activities and also communicate with clients what they would like to do. I make sure everyone is treated with dignity and respect in the house. We try and make the house is there home. I deal with money and some days organise cover for the rota. I so support plans and I update them regularly. I enjoy every bit working with the clients and staff. Also deal with medication and controlled drugs

Great opportunities for advancement

Good company that has it's clients at the centre. Pay not at the top end of the scale, but equally not at the bottom. Plenty of opportunities for growth if you work at it. Great place to make friends and enjoy your job role.

Pros

Great place for continuous professional development

Cons

Not always goid communication from upper management

Second rate company best avoided

I worked for this company for only a relatively short period of time thank God! During my time there I realised support from upper management was non-existent. I soon found myself in a position where I had valid concerns over the seniors conduct towards me, upper management passed this off as jovial banter. I had various hideous experiences while working for this company, one being the senior referring to me as eye candy and a tease, I also felt the senior missed no opportunity to stare at me in a lecherous manner. This vile individual was certainly the motivation I needed to move on, I'm staying positive and loving my current job within the care sector. I would strong advise anyone to avoid St Anne’s!

Pros

Cons

second rate company

interesting and rewarding role

I worker at St Annes for just over a year, regrettably leaving due to personal circumstances. The team i worked with was supportive of each other and diverse in areas of knowledge, so service users received first class support. The work was challenging but incredibly rewarding. A fantastic company to work for

Pros

great team dynamics and supportive manager

Cons

N/a

Watch your back if face doesn’t fit

Managers talk about other people in front of you the training is non existent then you get the blame if somethings not right, they favouritise other workers a joke of a company, don’t trust them I ve left now and going to take them further

great staff

absolutley no life balance hours and shifts were spread over sometimes 6 days, management no contact at weekends. workplace culture cannot fault staff enjoyed working with great staff that are not valued enough

Pros

Cons

rotas work life balance unless your favoured

A fun place to work.

I enjoyed working at St Anne's Community Services, the staff were really nice and also all my colleagues. A typical day at work was checking for new responses, handling post and updating Microsoft Excel spreadsheets with new information, carrying out pre-employment checks for new candidates, scanning application packs for audit purposes, setting up new candidates onto the DBS System, inputting new starter forms onto the system. Handling email correspondence from colleagues and area managers, printing provisional offer letters and application forms, dealing with telephone queries.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Anne's Community Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement