St. Anne's Community Services

St. Anne's Community Services Employee Reviews

United Kingdom50 reviews

clientsupportstaffshiftcaretraininglongmanager

Not nice

Started out great, quickly learned that staff members are a click and if you're face doesn't fit they will find a way to get you out, especially while you're a probationer and don't have a leg to stand on.

Has declined over the years

There is little support for first line managers, expected to manage staff who are not valued by the organisation. As a manager there was little support but all the responsibility. Conflicting information from above made the role impossible. 2 steps forward 6 steps back. Clients used to be the focus and the centre of organisation and values now it is how it looks on the surface. 6 years ago I would have given it 10 out of 10 now I would advise to keep looking.

Insights into St. Anne's Community Services

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Wouldn’t recommend

Areas managers would drop like flies and literally “leave” or be pushed without any warning or reason. Blame culture Lack of support from senior management team. Very cliquey if you face fits, you were ok.

Loved the job but management was terrible and most of the staff were nastyand unfriendly .Pay and hours were reasonable.Felt that your voice wasn't heard and a feeling of no progression

Avoid this company

Too much expected from staff, with too little pay. Manager’s work is being passed down to support workers taking them away from supporting the clients.Any issues raised to management is ignored, no real support given and higher up the chain is no different. Don’t expect any management to be there for you in an emergency

Tough

Worked with tough clients. The day to day checks and balance are quite on point. Line managers are friendly and listeners. However, higher management failed to stop tough situations.

Work life balance

St-Annes are very flexible their company can suit everyone, they are reliable and the training they offer helps to enhance your knowledge about the role you in.

Pros

Having a voice as an employee

Cons

Fewer contractual hours

Bad culture

Awful manager who talked derogatorely about potential clients, lied about salary, and overall a very unstructured mess that simply wanted to captalise on the vulnerable.

Pros

Non

Cons

No compassion towards the clients

Not a nice environment

The management don't seem to care about clients or the staff that are more client oriented they treat clients like animals storming in there property doing stuff without clients knowledge they try silence the clients and make the rules to suit themselves

St Anne's is experiencing uncessary troubling times. Losing a lot of staff!!

St Anne's is experiencing uncessary troubling times. It does not value it's front line staff and insists on continually belittling them through several changes of terms and conditions. Reduced holiday, reduced sick pay, reduced employer contributions to staff pensions, reduced everything except the hours they expect you to work. They try justify this with no real evidence of any hardship. Social care is collapsing, i wouldn't recommend it!

Pros

Sense of worth, feel good factor, good relationships with collegues. None of which pay your bills.

Cons

Rubbish pay, rubbish benefits, rubbish self esteem, no fair reward system.

Worked for about 6 months worst place ever. Not sure about other places it is a big organisation.

The culture is not very nice, the staff were nice to me, but they were not very nice to the clients, and what I tried to be helpful it was frowned at. I soon found out that 90 % role is cleaning and house keeping. It's supposed to be Mental health I got no training in the specifically, just the general that all staff get for all areas. The manager is nice at first but is never on site. Her child care seems to be top of her priorities. It's like she is the first person to have children and work. Only 1 days notice for shift changes. Too many weekends, no support, you raise a concern and nothing gets done. Clients can become very ill and manager doesn't come and sees them just hides at home.Main pa

Pros

People I was supporting. Training General was good.

Cons

Manager Work life balance No mental health training, I would have expected some specific training. Supporting 13 clients on your own, for long periods of time and all night

Neutral

Overall, good place to work, supportive colleagues and built long term friendships, diverse organisation, clear systems and processes. Left due to relocation.

Pros

Colleagues

Cons

Nothing significant

Yes to work for clients bringing changes to their life

No work life balance very demanding from you, except to work own your from 3pm in the evening with not much support from management if your in difficulty they have someone on call from a telephone number after late hours , working for clients is very satisfactory but not the organisation all about CQC ticking boxes changing your rota when they like with little notice given , very contracting management what they say and what it is , clients are second class , it’s not a charity any more it’s all about money, new CEO

Pros

Yes you have some perks

Cons

24 hours shift sometimes you work alone all day looking after 4 clients with house chores to do

16 December 2021
Thankyou for taking the time to leave a review and for your service with St Anne's. We are sorry to hear your experience of working at one of our services was not fully positive and we strive to make improvements from any feedback received.

Good overall

Overall I enjoy my role at St Anne's. The work can be tough but the clients and team are great to work with. My line management supports me when needed and there are opportunities to progress if you want to.

Pros

Good line management, decent pay for sector

Cons

Long shifts, sometimes communication isn't great

16 December 2021
Thankyou for taking the time to write your review. We are pleased you are enjoying your role with us but we also take on board all feedback received in order to make improvements as an Organisation for the benefit of our staff and clients.

Poor work life balance

Enjoyable been able to support individuals with their daily lives, though hard during covid. The organisation for its self is very disappointing and slowly going down hill. No work like balance, never appreciated by staff/ management for competing tasks and working day in day out without no time off. I would no longer recommend another to work for this company. No benefits to it anymore. Negative company.

Pros

Secure job for now

Cons

No work life balance

Amazing clients and some staff

Sycophantic staff and many managers are the same, I've always believed that the vulnerable should be cared for, sadly St Anne's don't, they've got all the patter, but it's just propaganda, CQC on tap so they believe, revenge is not my thing, the rotten apples will fall from the tree all by themselves, eventually!!!

Pros

The clients good people deserve better

Cons

Con is the right word

Horrendous

Appalling management, over worked and underpaid. No support whatsoever. Treat unfairly throughout and clients aren’t their priority. AVOID at all costs.

Pros

the clients and their families are the best

the management are the worst 😒 😫, no regards for us support workers, double booking and conflicted rotas are very common problems, management very rude and aggressive specially if your soft person

Pros

you get so much love and respect from clients and their families.

Cons

horrid management and co-ordinators

20 January 2021
Thankyou for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry to hear your experience of working at one of our services was not fully positive. We do take all feedback received extremely seriously and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Support Worker

This place is a horrible place to work. Management chose to employ friends and family of theirs who them get away with anything. Patients are not treated how they should be. Bullying environment.

27 November 2020
Thankyou for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry to hear your experience of working at one of our services was not positive. We take all feedback seriously and thank you for bringing this to our attention.We wish you all the best for the future.

Such a caring company

An actual company that cares as much about its staff and management as it does the clients Full staff support from all areas of the business regular checks and support good rates of pay time, Overtime available but not frowned about if not wanted. 24/7 support if needed

Pros

Supportive network excellent training

Cons

Mixture of day and night shift for all staff

30 November 2020
Thankyou for taking the time to leave a review. We are very pleased to hear the positive feedback provided and hope you continue to enjoy working with St Anne's.

The staff run the place

The clients are the reason i worked at st annes. They taught me alot about myself and i really enjoyed working with them. The staff on the other hand were a headache, a few cliques, basically the same boring stuff that occurs in care homes Some staff and management become friends, therefore management let their 'friends', get away with unpleasant and unprofessional behaviour.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Anne's Community Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement