Staffordshire County Council

Staffordshire County Council Pay & benefits reviews

The part time role fitted in perfectly whilst my children were at school and I decided to carry on when they left school as I enjoy my job.The cold and wet days are miserable to work in but I meet some lovely people who make up for it! All appropriate safety equipment and clothing is supplied, along with any relevant training.Nice to feel you are helping your community.
Pros
Term time only, yearly salary
Cons
Working outside in Winter!
From starting with the county council has evolved and reduced in many ways including services, staff and finances. A typical day from start to now has changed dramatically with the same issues of possible redundancies, job role changes and extra responsibilities with no financial reward this is a typical day at the council. The benefits of working for the county council are the flexible hours meaning I can have time off in lieu with hours banked every four weeks, the pension scheme is good and the flexibility of being able to work outside the office but ultimately time for change and new challenge.
Met some nice people. Too many managers and lower paid appear to work harder but are not treated with respect. Some staff appear to get away with taking advantage and others don’t, not treated equally,
Pros
Sick pay, holiday and good pension
Cons
Management culture
variable tasks, flexible working patterns, have to be adaptable and always be available to work past normal working hours. enjoyable to have different things to do weekly
Coming from private sector would not like to work full time in public section again, very restrictive, although benefits were excellent. Project work dealing with all the various departments within the council, they were not helpful nor forthcoming in assisting with projec
Benefits
Cons
the people
great,i loved my job good hours and happy times,my boss was lovely and a great school to work for,good management,ideal hours,fun times as well as bad.
Pros
getting to know the children
Cons
typical day involves supervising students, cleaning up after lunches and break times as well as sorting as conflicts out between students. Overall good working environment.
Pros
good pay
I did not receive any problems during my time working here. I believe my salary was appropriate for the position held and management always dealt with any concerns.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Parking
easy going, nice place to work. Building a good relationship with other kitchen staff, school staff and pupils.nice atmosphere. would reccommend......
A great company and great benefits to staff. Good staff guideline and policies in place. Great opportunaties to progress.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Staffordshire County Council?
I worked within the school canteen that I attended Sixth Form at. The hours were perfect for my home life and study and they were very understanding if I was unable to work a certain day due to college commitments for example. As I was only 17 at the time I was not eligible for any of the company benefits and I did not expect to be.
Pros
Flexibility
Fast pace job ensuring all food etc. was ready for the right time. Very busy. Good people to work with. Seeing the children have eaten and appreciated their dinner was always rewarding.
i have enjoyed my time working here and would recommend to any one as its a rewarding job to have.
Cons
This role was very varied and there was always an opportunity to learn new skills and improve knowledge.
Pros
Good pension, good salary, good support, flexible hours
Cons
unsociable hours, unsettled organisational structure.
Short term contracts Excellent training Like minded people Had to be flexible
hard work working with disabled children but was extremely rewarding.learnt how to manage child with a wide spectrum of disabilities and managed to bring the best out of them by listening, plenty of praise.co workers we excellent and extremely supportive and worked fantastically as a team.i enjoyed every aspect of this job as it was so rewarding.
Pros
rewarding job
Cons
get too emotionally involved.
working for Staffordshire County Council has been a great experince, I have been working for them for about 10 years and never had any problems.
Pros
school holidays
Cons
short hours