Stagecoach London logo
Stagecoach London

Stagecoach London Employee Reviews

2.8
Work-life balance

Excellent job if you have no family

This is an excellent job for those who do not have commitments or responsibilities. They aren’t very flexible. I would recommend this job if you love driving at any hour of the day from 3am-3am. We trained on a single decker and they throw you on a double decker once your in. More passengers, careful of low bridges and the very wide mirrors. Managers are not understanding

Pros

Anything after 40 mins break is paid

Cons

Flexibility

The most human work environment

From starting every new and old, experienced to inexperienced member of the family was happy to talk, advise, offer assistance, words of encouragement never an I'll feeling colleague in sight, so welcoming.The older heads would share their wisdom when needed, if you're emotions are in a bad place everyone will try to shoulder your burdens, management are more human than you may assume, the baseline is respect where it's due as basic, never will you be shutdown for your concerns or complaints.

Pros

For me everything

Cons

If you're bad at scheduling yourself then it will subjectively look like you're working too much

Always trying to find things you have done wrong.

I worked for Stagecoach London from September 2013 when I was T.U.P.E.D. to them from First Group with the route 179 until August 2017 when I left as the stress of working at Stagecoach or should I say Slavecoach as it was known to the Driving staff, got two much. The hours are long, Big Brother is always watching, The management is a pain and whatever you do, don;t ever work at Rainham Garage it is a nightmare. I was told that Stagecoach outside London was OK to work for. But don't work for Stagecoach London.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, Bad Management and it a very stressful working environment..

Bad place to work

I worked there from 2003,used to be very so nice to work there, managers to treat staff,very nice,but today managers treat you like something out of the toilet, passagners mean everything to the company,but there staff mean nothing.

Pros

If you like been treated like a dog, be my guest

Cons

No job security, you can forget family life.

Worst bus company on earth

Avoid at all cost, the worst bus company to work for, unpaid 5 to 6 hours breaks 12 hours duty with 3 to 6 hours unpaid. Fixed money every week no matter how many hours you do usually 45 to 60 hours minimum, ÂŁ370 to 380 fixed after tax, Driving monitoring system is extremely sensitive makes it very unpleasant to drive. Favoritism. New drivers gets all rubbish duties thrown at them on all routes, used like toilet papers

Overall a good place to work

It's a good place to work, management and other drivers are okay. Many buses are very slow, routes can be very busy at times expect traffic delays and diversions.

It’s alright, not the best

Apparently we are paid to drive not to think. So when you hear that you already know what’s next. There’s definitely other places that offers better, but if desperate come have a look yourself.

Not the best company to work for

Most of the middle management are ok but the people at the top of the tree have no compassion or interest in any of the worker. They will get rid of you for the slightest thing.

Pros

Good wages

Cons

Not a nice company to work for

Stable Job

A Stable Job With A Good Salary.A Good Job To Have If You Love Mixing With All Type's Of People.A Good Attitude With Great Customer Service Skill's Is Required.You Will Also need Plenty Of Patience And Understanding as You Will Have To Deal With many Walk's Of Life.

Pros

Free Uniform & Subsidised Cafe

Cons

Long Hours, Early, Mid & Late Shift's & Allocated Holidays

good money

good money but social life dies fast. management very good and helpful all the time. staff a pleasure to work with. west ham garage was where i was based for 10 years.

Pros

free travel

Cons

no social life

Be Prepared to have no social life

Management do not care about staff. you will be treated as a number and you personal life will go out the window. pay is only good when you work a rest day.

Pros

Free Travel

Cons

Poor staff managment

Challenging and fun

It was a shift work so you had morning which started early at around 4:30 am wich was usually 8 to 9 hours and there was mid shitf wich started between 12 and 2pm and there was lates wich started at around 4 pm. Every day was different every day was a different route. I used to sign on before every shift and get my bus ready and start the shift. I learned to be in team work as a team. The company was perfectly managed from the controllers to the office workers. We used to sign on and start the shift and when the shift was over we used to sign out and was ready to go home. I had to be alert all the time driving because lots of things happen around you that was probably the hardest part. The teamwork we uesd to have was for me the most enjoyable part.

Complete slavery

Bus driving is not how it’s painted out to be, driving buses that have a high emission temperature, powerless then breathing dusty fumes and looking forward to ur break only to turn into a road full of traffic and then you loose twenty minutes. Passengers are hard work you have to take abuse. Bus drivers are not cared for by tfl we are at risk 24/7 under paid, I couldn’t even go on.

Pros

Free travel

not good

a sad place to work bad management long shifts no training for staff we save a ÂŁ1 and spend ÂŁ100 no sence in whats going on manger will berk orders at you no care for hes team .

Pros

free travel

Cons

long shift

Educating Experience

Thoroughly enjoyed my work experience here, learnt lots within a week. Staff are all extremely friendly and helpful. Unlike other work experience placements, I was able to get a full hands-on experience with my supervising mechanic thus enjoyed it much more.

overall good

People I worked with are excellent but lack of support and no loyalty despite everything left me feeling very disappointed. Would i do it again probably because of the people iv met and work with.

Intermediate

My typical day for my job role included changing bus filters, changing oils, tightening wheel nuts, producing daily worksheets, emails, taking and making calls, filing, updating payroll database, administrative duties. The management in my perspective was not good as they didn't really support me when i needed it. The hardest part of my job is when i was asked to do something that i was never shown or taught. i think the most enjoyable part of my job role was knowing some of the engineers that was friendly to me and helped me out when i needed it.

Pros

Free Transport

Cons

Bad Communication

Productive workplace

I enjoyed working with a majority of the staff. I also loved the job, however it was long hours and some policies of the company I disagree with. It is a diverse workplace.

Very Professional

Easy stage in to get hired. Very professional and clear information, Staff and management team was very welcoming and friendly. Unfortunate for my circumstance- childcare i was unable to continue with Stagecoach but will recommend anyone to join them.

Pros

Good career to build yourself in

Cons

Unsocial-able hours

Stagecoach are a good company to work for.

My time at Stagecoach was enjoyable for the most part. long shifts ranging from 7-12 hours, earliest starting at 4am, and the latest finishing at 2am (day shifts). Dependable with wages, although stagecoach pay a fixed salary regardless of the duty, which is unlike every other bus company i know of (which is quite a few). Minimal staff parking for drivers, which can make even getting into work stressful.

Pros

Dependable in terms of pay

Cons

Long shifts and unsociable hours can mean a lifestyle change.

Variable daily shifts

Safety and professionalism a must providing an excellent customer service to passengers. Being constantly aware of what is going on around you. With experience, you could become a service controller or inspector, depot manager or driver training instructor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stagecoach London. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement