Stapletons

Stapletons Employee Reviews

Modern slavery

Heavy work, Minimum wages, lifting tyres all day, healthy and safety just on paper. No value and respect for their employees, the only important thing is numbers.Avoid at all costs if you can.

Pros

Long-term work

Cons

Manually handling, Heavy tyres all day everyday, low wages

13 October 2021
We are very sorry to hear that you’ve had a negative experience at Stapletons. Though we have recently made improvements to our hourly rates, holiday entitlements, and would like to understand more about how we could improve your experience, we definitely would like to speak to you directly about your health and safety concerns. Please email employeefeedback@etelimited.co.uk and one of our colleagues will be in touch.

Boring

Worked here for many years Was OK at one point Left after they took on a day supervisor who gave u one job after another , and always changing his mind about things Leave well alone

Pros

Hours

Cons

To many people trying to run the place

13 October 2021
We are very sorry to hear that you've had a negative experience at Stapletons, especially since you mention in your post that you've had a number of years’ service. We would like to learn more about how we could make improvements, so if you are happy to speak to us, please email employeefeedback@etelimited.co.uk and one of our colleagues will be in touch.

I’ve worked at Stapletons Wakefield for a very long time and have seen lots of staff come and go but on the other hand I have seen a fair few come and stay… It is not a bad place to work at all if you just get your head down, get stuck in and do your best what more can anybody ask? We have busy days and have quiet days you’ve just got to learn how to deal with busy days and take the rough with the smooth. Most of the lads are brilliant to work with and everyone’s heart seems to be in the right place. The pay could be better for the long serving staff but I would say that wherever I worked. If you are a grafter that’s got a bit about them come and be part of our team!!

Pros

Plenty of work / Busy / Brilliant colleagues

Cons

Hourly rate is not the best

13 October 2021
We are very pleased to hear that you've had a positive experience working for Stapletons so far. We've made some recent improvements to our hourly rates and holiday entitlements, but we're always looking at viable ways in which we can do better in compensating our employees. We also just want to take this moment to thank you for your continued hard work and commitment, especially under the exceptional challenges of a global pandemic.

Joke

It was a good job but now it is not the best under pressure from beginning to end with spy in the cab and poor communication are way or the highwayit can be long hours with no dinner break some days

Pros

Clocking off

Cons

Spy in the cab

13 October 2021
We are very sorry to hear that you’ve had a negative experience at Stapletons, especially since you mention in your post that the job started off well. We would like to learn more about how we could make improvements, so if you are happy to speak to us, please email employeefeedback@etelimited.co.uk and one of our colleagues will be in touch.

Under paid, over worked and no appreciation

Hard work which wasn't a problem but no consideration for anyone. Wouldn't recommend to anyone! No training. Any training done on a computer which, takes away any interaction and only done this way so they cover their behinds. The whole operation and physical work is all Self Managed by the lads on the shop floor. No pay increase only what they are legally obliged to give minimum wage and they expect you to be grateful and work harder.

Pros

Hours

Cons

Management from Team Leader upwards have NO PEOPLE skills whatsoever

13 October 2021
We are very sorry to hear that you’ve had a negative experience at Stapletons, especially since you mention in your post that the work itself wasn’t the problem. Though we have made some recent improvements to our hourly rates, holiday entitlement and induction training, we would like to learn more about your experience. If you are happy to speak to us, please email employeefeedback@etelimited.co.uk and one of our colleagues will be in touch.

Shocking workplace

Would not go back and work here if it was the last job available. Forced to take holidays unnecessarily and the people you work with are all rude, you would be lucky to get a hello when you start work. Very repetitive and boring. Would honestly not recommend.

13 October 2021
We are very sorry to hear that you’ve had a negative experience at Stapletons and we would like to learn more about how we could make improvements. If you are happy to speak to us, please email employeefeedback@etelimited.co.uk and one of our colleagues will be in touch.

Do not trust anyone

My time at this company started very well lots of overtime and a great working team but over time and the constant changing of managers starting with great promises of change for the betterment of the drivers and then leaving , it left you with no hope of climing the ladder in the company

Pros

Good overtime pay

Cons

Collecting old tyres started with bonus then none

13 October 2021
We are very sorry to hear that you’ve had a negative experience at Stapletons, especially when you mention in your post that the job started off well. We would like to understand more about your experience and your thoughts of how we could make improvements. If you are happy to speak to us, please email employeefeedback@etelimited.co.uk and one of our colleagues will be in touch.

Avoid at all cost

if you are planning on working here be aware there is a culture of bullying and intimidation. they expect you to work all hours and change shifts a the drop of a hat. You are constantly under suspicion of doing wrong even when you haven't. you are constantly under surveillance in the vehicle as the camera is always on. You are blamed for damage even if you report it, even when you do report issues with the vehicles they are slow to fix the issues raised. then make sure you check your wages as there is not a month goes by that they don't mess them up the only good thing is at least your paid on time

Pros

paid on time

Cons

constant bullying and intimidation

13 October 2021
We are very sorry to hear that you’ve had a negative experience at Stapletons. We would like to speak to you directly, as soon as possible, as we are very concerned about what you have mentioned in your post, especially about bullying and payment errors. Please email employeefeedback@etelimited.co.uk and one of our colleagues will be in touch.

Bad place to work

Management and transport office have no idea how to run the business and no idea how to treat the staff, they are rude and sarcastic.Working here was the worst experience I have ever had and I would never recommend it to anyone.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, bad management

Physical work

I enjoyed working at guildford depot but left due to unforseen reasons. Reapplied for a job at maidstone and got told not enough experience doing same job. So watch who you might upset as no one from management has the balls to say what or why

Worst place i ve ever worked

Just a really bad place to work , just dont have a clue how to run a business and don't care about anything or anyone , and pay is really poor to and your almost forced to do overtime and if you dont they frown on you for it , so glad I left there to be honest

Pros

Cons

Martin and poor lunch times

Good job

I have problem with before one of staff member. But I complaine about this on our both manager. And trust me. this staff of member now my best colleague. So if we not tell anyone. Nobody short out. Management overall its best now. I thik from top till button well organised and try keep happy to everyone. I'm very happy with this work .

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Normal hour

Not good

This company only thinks about getting the job done no matter Camara every where stay away cant do nothing in the van good luck .long hours very hard work bad managers..

Pros

Cons

Every day you watched..

Awful company to work for

Unless you are a favourite of one of the managers, they don't care about you.They forever pick you up on the slightest error. As long as you make all your deliveries, even when you know a place is not going to open when you arrive, they still expect you to go there. No consideration for your health and well-being. Don't be misled at the interview, what they promise you isn't what you get. Rude line management

Pros

Cons

Long hours, if your face doesn't fit then you're in for a hard time

They expect a lot for Minimum Wage

Worked at Stapletons for 3 weeks in August 2020.Van loaded for you in the morning but check the first delivery note against what's by the door for your own peace of mind. Do your vehicle checks and note all damage before leaving the yard as the vans are mostly shabby and other drivers just get in them and go. Expect to turn up at 6.30am and leave the yard, only to find out that your first couple of drops won't be open until 8.30am. You'll have to call the office for most drops or wait if it's a Kwik-Fit branch. Don't expect much help unloading. Don't expect much help loading used cases either. Back to the yard and unload your used cases (some help provided) and returns. Get told where to go for your afternoon load and hang around while the warehouse sorts themselves out. If you're lucky you can get your afternoon run done without any issues and get back to the yard to unload any used cases and returns by about 5pm. if you're not lucky and the warehouse can't be bothered you'll still be driving at 7pm. Shifts average out at 11 hours per day over a couple of weeks. Heavy, dirty work. Poor management. Dirty vans left in full of litter by other drivers. No loyalty to temp staff, I was dropped like a hot rock after I'd covered for people who were on holiday. Hard to recommend

Pros

Zero

Cons

Please see above

Very stressful, dont car about family life

wouldn't recommend, they don't care about family life, even when you have childcare to arrange they say not our problem get it sorted, fast paced, very stressful, get disciplinarys for the littlest things, management is very poor no communication.

Pros

Cons

Good pay

Avoid if you value you sanity

Run ragged for very little money. Very bad atmosphere among employees at Wallsend branch. there always on you back. Make the slightest mistake and you'll never be aloud to forget it

Pros

Cons

Manager and superviser total idiots

Good enviroment with friendly colleagues

Started as a agency driver and progressed to permanent. Company are generally good and communicate well to all levels. Drivers friendly and always willing to help if you are unclear of proceedures or route planning.Transport staff excellent, unfortunately one manager was working behond her capability and caused many problems, this was definately an isolated situstion as generally all emoyees worked together for personal and company benefit.

Pros

Good working conditions

Cons

Non I aware

Ok

Was going to work for this company but after reading the reviews I think I stay were I am . There seems to be a lot of issues at all sites . So the refuses are very helpful

Pros

Don’t know any

Cons

Did not start

Overall

Very repetitive! Also due to coronavirus somebody got tested positive for coronavirus and they still made us come to work as normal so be very aware that they do not care much about their workers. If your somebody who likes to have a laugh and get along with colleagues then be very careful because they will have in that office for a record of conversation or even a disciplinary.

Pros

You get discount on tyres

Cons

It’s repetitive

Horrible place to work for

I would not work for this company. They are unprofessional and racist there. They don't know how to treat good staff. The pay is rubbish and you only get half an hour break for the whloe entire day. Also you have to unload 3000 tyres in two hours . It's a back braker. Avoid working !There

Pros

Cons

Horrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stapletons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4