Stapletons

2.6Pay & benefits

Insights into Stapletons

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Large turnover of staff

Worked at the Wakefield depot for one week and that was more than enough, job was too stressful and the paperwork was ridiculous.according to the other drivers no one stays long and I can see why, not for me

Pros

31 day's holiday

Cons

Long hours, stressful too much paperwork

Joke

It was a good job but now it is not the best under pressure from beginning to end with spy in the cab and poor communication are way or the highwayit can be long hours with no dinner break some days

Pros

Clocking off

Cons

Spy in the cab

13 October 2021
We are very sorry to hear that you’ve had a negative experience at Stapletons, especially since you mention in your post that the job started off well. We would like to learn more about how we could make improvements, so if you are happy to speak to us, please email employeefeedback@etelimited.co.uk and one of our colleagues will be in touch.

Under paid, over worked and no appreciation

Hard work which wasn't a problem but no consideration for anyone. Wouldn't recommend to anyone! No training. Any training done on a computer which, takes away any interaction and only done this way so they cover their behinds. The whole operation and physical work is all Self Managed by the lads on the shop floor. No pay increase only what they are legally obliged to give minimum wage and they expect you to be grateful and work harder.

Pros

Hours

Cons

Management from Team Leader upwards have NO PEOPLE skills whatsoever

13 October 2021
We are very sorry to hear that you’ve had a negative experience at Stapletons, especially since you mention in your post that the work itself wasn’t the problem. Though we have made some recent improvements to our hourly rates, holiday entitlement and induction training, we would like to learn more about your experience. If you are happy to speak to us, please email employeefeedback@etelimited.co.uk and one of our colleagues will be in touch.

Avoid at all cost

if you are planning on working here be aware there is a culture of bullying and intimidation. they expect you to work all hours and change shifts a the drop of a hat. You are constantly under suspicion of doing wrong even when you haven't. you are constantly under surveillance in the vehicle as the camera is always on. You are blamed for damage even if you report it, even when you do report issues with the vehicles they are slow to fix the issues raised. then make sure you check your wages as there is not a month goes by that they don't mess them up the only good thing is at least your paid on time

Pros

paid on time

Cons

constant bullying and intimidation

13 October 2021
We are very sorry to hear that you’ve had a negative experience at Stapletons. We would like to speak to you directly, as soon as possible, as we are very concerned about what you have mentioned in your post, especially about bullying and payment errors. Please email employeefeedback@etelimited.co.uk and one of our colleagues will be in touch.

Bad place to work

No 1 stays there little legs treads you bad they make you do over time even when you don’t want it you have to work your dinner breaks, they are on the phone to you if your not doin your delivery’s on time

warehouse operative eurocentral

Avoid. Hard grafting 8 hours a day with one unpaid break for a whole shift. Slightly above minimum wage. Expect to handball 5 -6 containers a day. tipping to couple thousand tyres a shift. Management a joke full of promises, but at the end of a day expect u to get the job done no matter what. No sick or holiday covers for teams , forced to do overtimes as they are short of staff all the time. Just avoid, there are better places to work.

Avoid

Poor management.. Poor wages... Non stop graft.. No sick pay.. Poor chances of promotion unless you are in with management by brown nosing. Staff morale always low... Expected to unlosd containers full of tyres by hand every day for minimum pay.

Warehouse

50 characters or minimum just isn’t a lot to confirm what a terrible place to work with management style!!! Avoid company .. unhappy staff levels, bad management. Min wage for hard grafting. Better places to work with better pay! Just avoid erdington branch.

Pros

Going home

Cons

To many to mention

Underpaid hard work

Very hard work for low money. Hardly above minimum wage and very exhausting. One break a day makes me very tyred. Managers do not like see you resting for a second. Feels like slave labour

Pros

job security, overtime guaranteed, clean workplace, uniform given immediately, paid bank holidays

Cons

Very hard work and only one break a day, money is too low for such hard work, main manager is very picky

Excellent company to work for

I have worked for this company for a very long time and enjoy my work very much, as with every job you have good days and bad, but the good out-way the bad 100-1. management are approachable and fair, very good company to work for, pay is fair for the area. the staff onsite are all good guys who work very well as a team and have a laugh whilst working but get the job done and help each other out. i would highly recommend this company to work for.

Pros

training, development, bonuses, people, management

Warehouse - Nights - Portbury Bristol

Nights Manager is clueless about what goes on within a shift. He has 'Favorites' within the staff who are not expect to work as hard as other members of the shift on a daily basis, if he decides he doesn't like you he will make you work in a manner no-one else is required to. I either met or exceeded every target I was given during my training, yet my probation was extended and targets raised to levels above that of the permanent members of the team.

Pros

Easy work, Good Pay

Cons

Treated Poorly, Favorites Culture, Hard Work Not Appreciated

avoid at all costs

worked on the am inbound shift hand bowling tiers off of the back of lorries. absolutely no chance for progression. and god help you if you dont unload your trailer within the 2 hour time limit. and the site manager was awfull

Pros

fixed shifts and salary isn't to bad

Cons

managment

Phyzical work

The job is really like no other it can be quiet physically demanding and depending what shift pattern you're on might be quite long hrs. The company on a whole is good to work for with good job security

Pros

Goid job sucurity

Cons

Hard physical work

Great

Excellent company to work for. Really enjoy my job as a van driver. Long hours but worth the wage packet at the end of the month 😊 Definitely worth working for if you don't mind the long hours.

Pros

Wage

Cons

Hours

ok work place

on a day to day it was ok but not the best ..but like all place it had its days long hours lots of paper work and no breaks vans was unsafe to driver etc

good at first

enjoyed job but now expected to do a lot of overtime, i don't mind doing overtime but not the amount they are expecting me to do, e.g. i work nights from 22.00 to 06.30 five nights a week, they want me to do overtime every night from 18.00 to 22.00, this affecting my sleep pattern and also my role at work as reach driver. i think if this continues i may cause an accident.

Good workplce

Achieved good people skills and many good friends a typical day for me is van checks and delivering tyres to customers. Most of my co workers are good people.

Pros

Free coupons for lunch

fun

It was ok to work fo.But the mangers were not the best.Hours and pay were not the best.Would be good for someone just starting out in a work evnviroment.I also think this ia joke that we have to do this before we sumit our cvs.What a waste of time obsiouly no one is going to say anything good thats why they want a new job.

Pros

Free lunc

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stapletons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4

2.4Job security/advancement

Compare Stapletons with

• Stapletons
  • Pay & benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?