Starbucks

Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 1,794 reviews matching the search
On-site managers and team members were great, but as is the case with most coffee shop chains, higher up managers have no idea what they are doing. They treat new staff like dirt, dont know how the place is even run, couldnt make a coffee if their lives depended on it.And work a three day week in their nice offices. (especially clements, ground, starbucks, nero etc.) We are the ones who get taken advantage of, who get up at 6 in the morning, who have to stress throughout the day with customers and food and coffee and cleaning, smelling of sweat and food and coffee when we get home at 6pm, but we get paid pennies while the higher management drive around in their fancy cars? Not an environment that I am going to be associated with again, no thank you.I loved my team at the actual sites, but if higher managers actually got off their bums and did something for once maybe they would deserve the unbelievable amount of wages they get. Shame on you.
Pros
Ok
Cons
Upper management needs to wise up
Fun place to work, the free drinks are great! and good staff but terrible management, they couldn’t care less about you as a person, all the managers care about is their bonuses
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Horrible manager
The first few months I worked here I had the best start the people working there are so supportive and like a family to me yet the management changed constanly and so did the rules and the environment.The current manager has no people skills has no idea what he is doing and gives his jobs to the staff who where promised the shift managers position because he doesn't want to do them he gets paid so much more to do so little and just sitting in the office he couldn't remember some simple drinks to make when needed an extra hand when it got busy. Takes his personal feelings out on the staff and has lost good staff and left with the people who barely show up cause of the disrespect we have received.
Pros
Free drinks only a certain amount
Cons
Lack of hours, no benefits, inappropriate management from certain managers.
My experience working here was horrible. Was never allowed to be trained up on coffee machines (it’s a coffee franchise!!) always put on the tills, made to feel inadequate compared to my other colleagues. No help or training provided for their till system, just flung in at the deep end and expected to know what to do and spoken down to when anything was done incorrect. Customers were lovely but the staff were not
Pros
Free coffee
Dan training al entrar, no necesité formación previa. El ambiente de trabajo era estupendo, como una familia. Muy estrictos con la limpieza. Consiguen que te entusiasmes por el café, formándote día a día. Muy buenas condiciones para los partners (trabajadores).
Pros
Buenas condiciones laborales, seguro privado, etc.
Cons
Se exige compromiso en cuanto a horarios.
It was very convenient for me to work thee but COVID has made us change many work areas.Which was ok at first But it has now become impossible for me to carry on working there.
One of the lowest paid F&B company (full-time/part time). Consider working at different F&B, benefits and salary is better. Difficulty to go up the ranks.
Pros
Free coffee and tea
Cons
Low pay
Starbucks Euro Garages is the worst place to work at. They don't care for staff or their needs. Rare breaks and made to do back to back sifts sometimes when other staff members dont show (which was frequently). OVER WORKED AND UNDERPAIDED
Pros
Meeting New People
Cons
Starbucks is a decent workplace. Every store varies however the common theme is cliques do arise. Can be gossip centred, more drama than the job is worth. Shift wise due to it being zero hours contract hours vary week to week ie could work 30 hours one week but 5 the next. Also they will rely on you for shift covering if you cover one shift. Management is awful. Contestant stress cycle, the DMs put stress on store managers which is then taken out on supervisors/baristas. Limited job advancement, promotions are offered then taken away at the drop of a hat.
Pros
50% off food on shift, free tall beverage
Cons
Variable hours, poor management
Initial training is good and the job is welcoming. However, Management are unhelpful, problems arise within the team regularly with the blame thrown wherever. Customers treat you like rubbish and you are expected to take it often. No support from management regarding problems and employees are told they are rubbish at the job they are doing semi-regularly (after previously being praised for said role). There is very little regarding job progression and opportunities to learn more. There is no set shift pattern each week and the rotas change short notice often. On a good day, the job is satisfying but they feel few a far between.
Pros
Free coffee, Nice discount and the ability to change shifts with team members if needed.
Cons
Awkward, changing rotas. Poor support from Management and no communication regarding changes.
I worked at one Starbucks store which was absolutely amazing! Loved the team and atmosphere, then that store shut so I got transferred to a different store where the team isn’t as great and the manager is appalling, they are selfish and don’t care about their team at all. So if the management is good it’s a great place to work, if the management isn’t then it won’t be as enjoyable but most people you work with are pretty awesome.
Pros
3 free coffees on shift, get shares every year, free coffee every week
Cons
Terrible hours, no holiday in December allowed, no work life balance, no schedule
Great staff, flexible hours, taught me a thing or two about working in a team making coffee and adapting to customers more.Getting to know the regulars, training and helping new staff.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Early shifts
There are many pros and cons to this position with this company. The staff within my store are amazing, friendly, kind and supportive. However, upper management beyond the store can sometimes not seem to appreciate the effort being put into work. The company looked after its staff very well during the national lockdown, furloughing us with 100% pay. In store systems can sometimes be very problematic and face a reasonable amount of issues quite often. For this role you will need to be very patient. Both with customers and with staff as things get quite stressful at times, especially if communication breaks down. My main issue is that the pay is not reflective of their expectations of you. Always weigh out the pros and cons of every job. My favourite thing would have to be my colleagues, as everybody always works as a team.
Pros
Limited free drinks on shift, flexibility, staff are great
Cons
Upper management, rate of pay
Management was excellent but staff were incompetent due to lack of resources in brain capacity however hard workers were there not enough smiles while I was the one running the fort and not only that I was given a manual the size of a encyclopaedia of British and was expected to go through it of which I thought was ridiculous as all of that could’ve been explained at the interview and I didn’t realise I was merely a Christian temporary and also welcomed
Pros
Manager
Cons
Bad mood wings of staff
only bad thing about Starbucks is its spoiled management. Hardworking people don't get no recognition. I can say this from my own experience. Loads of smart and hardworking people left the company for being ignored and mistreated by a management team.
Hands on all day every day. Cash. Till. Serving food in and take away. Hot and ice drinks. Young people 18 to 51 work there 14 staff.. good place to start your career.
Pros
No discount 33%
Cons
They csn be. But allways doing somthing
In store the staff were all fantastic, however the higher management at Queensway Coffee Houses were dreadful. I worked there as a young woman, and I was constantly ignored and belittled by off-site management to the point of constructive dismissal. Hopefully since then the management has improved, but tread carefully.
Pros
Great team in store and lovely customers
Cons
Long hours, unpleasant off site higher management
As a ex member of a Starbucks team within euro garages, I have to say a few things. Do not work for euro garages!!! They are sneaky, manipulative and most importantly, unprofessional. They do not care for your personal life nor your health and well being. Very money orientated, will remove staff for convenience and will never actually help you if you ask for help.
Pros
Lower staff.
Cons
Higher staff.
Starbucks Eurogarages is good to work to add experience onto your CV, specially if you're a shift supervisor which will allow you to gain management. It has been a nice company to work for at times, depending on area managers and store. I find that my rota was done a week before, sometimes the night beforehand so say good-bye to your social life. You're often asked to work 40+ hours which is not ideal for young people who need a social life and need time for education but great for older who have bills etc..You're treat with respect on shift, partners support you. Unrealistic targets which are constantly pushed, you're individually pushed to achieve them which again is a team effort. Pay is awful, specially for a supervisor post.
Pros
Free drink
Cons
Working at London’s most visited Starbucks “Selfridges”, the stores most mostly busy during holidays, serving 200-500 customers an hours, working and communication skills had to be at 100% always
Fun place to work as there’s always something to do, new drinks coming out and you can experiment and come up with your own drinks etc. The pay is quite good too as it’s 25+ minimum wage (no matter how old you are), so if you’re younger you get fair pay for the job you’re doing and not based on age! Management varies from store to store, worked in a store where I got on really well with the manager then they brought in a new manager and she wasn’t the nicest to work for 😂
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hours all over the place
  1. Employee reviews