Start People Ltd

Start People Ltd Employee Reviews in Birtley

Found 1 review matching the search
I don’t usually leave reviews about jobs but these guys deserved one. They got back in touch with me after I applied for one of their roles online and went down to the office to do paperwork as there was a start the next day. Standard agency stuff really. Was sent in my way with some details of job location and given a small hi vis which didn’t fit my 6 foot four body whatsoever. Was promised full time work temp to permanent when I went to the agency office so seemed promising. Was also told by the lady it was a good opportunity. Turned up the next day for my first shift and was basically told by the company we were doing the job for that there was 180 pallets for us all to decant and restack then that was it. Hardly the full time temp to perm job I was sold. Was given no real safety instruction, zero ppe or anything. We were expected to rip open thick plastic wrap and do all the manual handling with no gloves or a knife. Usually pretty standard ppe for the type of job we were given. When I asked for some gloves as my hands were red raw and saw after 3 hours solid I was given a mouthful off the guy supervising us. Ended up just telling him I was going as it’s not worth my time for a few days work at minimum wage to be shouted at and not even given the correct tools for the job. Steer clear of these chancers.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Start People Ltd?