Start People Ltd

Start People Ltd Employee Reviews for Packer

They have been a straight to the point, helpful and responsive agency to work with in the most part! The work was great, one of the best jobs I've had.
Pros
Damaged lable wines, weekly pay, email payslip before hand
I don’t usually leave reviews about jobs but these guys deserved one. They got back in touch with me after I applied for one of their roles online and went down to the office to do paperwork as there was a start the next day. Standard agency stuff really. Was sent in my way with some details of job location and given a small hi vis which didn’t fit my 6 foot four body whatsoever. Was promised full time work temp to permanent when I went to the agency office so seemed promising. Was also told by the lady it was a good opportunity. Turned up the next day for my first shift and was basically told by the company we were doing the job for that there was 180 pallets for us all to decant and restack then that was it. Hardly the full time temp to perm job I was sold. Was given no real safety instruction, zero ppe or anything. We were expected to rip open thick plastic wrap and do all the manual handling with no gloves or a knife. Usually pretty standard ppe for the type of job we were given. When I asked for some gloves as my hands were red raw and saw after 3 hours solid I was given a mouthful off the guy supervising us. Ended up just telling him I was going as it’s not worth my time for a few days work at minimum wage to be shouted at and not even given the correct tools for the job. Steer clear of these chancers.
Agency staff actually threatened to go out back and beat the entire work force as one lad stole a chocolate bar from the canteen. Then did not pay my last 2 weeks wages. Almost every day you would be told there are 50 more people waiting to take your job and you got told to work most weekends and was threatened by bieng sacked if you did not agree or saifd you had plans already. The other people working via the agency where nice people, apart from that. This agency is shocking and I would love to see them shut down so those mules have to undergo the same wrath when finding a new job.
Pros
The other people I worked with.
Cons
Mess about with wages and payslips, Dont always pay you, Aggresive and threatening staff.
I went for an interview for a packing operative role and ended up having interview for a retail assistant role. The one who I spoke to on the line hasn't provided me with any information regarding the job but booked me in for an interview straight away and hasn't allowed me to ask any question. Waste of time.
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Start People Ltd?