Stay Original Co

Stay Original Co Reviews

United Kingdom9 reviews

Such an amazing company to work for !

So I was a chef at the kings arms in Dorchester for over a year and it was one of the most amazing years of my career. The head chef is an a absolute please work to work with and the team he leads is the most amazing group of people I’ve met in my life. It’s a super friendly work environment with the best bunch of people you’ll meet

Pros

The people there, salary, work-life balance, free staff lunch, The annual staff party !

Cons

Not a single one

Great Company

I have worked for Stay Original Company for 5 years. And within that time have progressed through the different stages of management. They really do have your best interests at heart. They have a great ethos and this is shown clearly in their offer at all the sites. The internal structure of the Company is very strong, so their is always plenty of support when you need it. Training is a big focus also, and this is clear within the team as we are always learning so we can give the best service possible whilst feeling confident.

Pros

Good pay & benefits, progression, support

Insights into Stay Original Co

Areas for improvement
  • Supportive environment
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great company to work for if you want to progress in hospitality.

I have worked for Stay Original for almost a year now and they have been a very positive employer. The options to progress through the company are plentiful as they have a few sites and are always looking to develop their staff. A lot is expected of you as an employee, especially the ability to work long unsociable hours. However, management are always very grateful as well as flexible with rotas and encouraging with incentives and rewards for hard work.

Pros

Scope to move up

Cons

Unsociable hours

Great company to work for!

Really great company to work for.. Supportive and professional set up! Always moving forward and on trend. Very rare in the catering industry to find a company that actually support and look after their staff. Happy in my job role.

Pros

Staff trips and staff parties

Cons

long shifts

Great Place to Work

I have worked for Stay Original for over two years and never had a day where I've not wanted to come in. I work with a great team of people who I get along with really well. The office atmosphere is always busy. There are plenty of opportunities within the company to expand my knowledge and progress in my role. I always feel supported and encouraged. I have made some great friends at Stay Original.

I think I know the other bad reviewer

A thiefdom, numerous atrocities committed I was employed through December, worked solidly over Xmas, fired 27th! Due to attitude, no investigation. One of the ‘chefs’ threw my prep list away only to Ben replaces with a false one which I turn led to a mishap of a shift where I felt the banhammer.

Pros

Good, contemporary company, executed by monkeys

Cons

Backward staff, unfair dismissal.

Terrible

Awful working hours, no social life, working with barely qualified COOKS!! No professionals in site, the general manager is a joke. Works less hours than the part time KP. They will pick you up and dump you at their own disposal. Huge staff turnover... I wonder why.... still the same chefs there, as all these other pass through? Obviously it’s the people who come and go that are the problem...

Excellent place to work

Busy office environment. They have the latest software and keep up to date with technology. In-house training is the norm. Very good team. Excellent management. Supportive colleagues

Encouraging and Supportive Workplace

Working with stay original is a great learning experience. The company has really invested in me and beloved in me.My advice would be that even if you think that you don't have the relevant skills or experience then still go for it. Stay Original can teach you and train you for any role. With the companies encouragement I'm currently working towards a multi site role.

Pros

Great career development

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stay Original Co. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Stay Original Co reviews by location

Learn about Stay Original Co in popular locations

• Stay Original Co
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?