Steelite International
Happiness score is 35 out of 100

Working at Steelite International: 44 Steelite International Reviews

United Kingdom44 reviews

hardmanagementpayplacegoodcompanyworkingjob

Kind colleagues make it bearable

Horrible place to work. Management have no respect for the workers, under constant threat of disciplinary action. Managers who treat their workers unfairly are allowed to continue in their roles despite reports from workers to HR. HR are on the managers sides. Everything is manipulated to suit the business regardless of the well-being of the workers. Workers stick together and make it bearable for each other with being all in the same boat. I wouldn’t recommend working here.

Pros

Holidays, pension, sick pay

Cons

Pay, management, no support, horrible atmosphere

I worked in the decorating department, the people on the floor were lovely and I would not change a thing about them, the management on the other hand are disrespectful and unapproachable.I only worked here 2 months before I handed in my notice. In this time I had a bereavement in the family, when telling a team leader about this, they showed no sympathy and proceeded to be extremely rude and sarcastic, the same can be said for all members of management. This has had a huge negative impact on my mental health. Before leaving I had a meeting with a member of management as they stated I had complaints about my “attitude”. I was beyond appalled by this, I then proceeded to explain that their attitude was disgusting. I then handed in my notice and they did not even try to stop me, this was also met with sarcasm. Overall nasty place to work. Pushed to work extremely hard, and over work yourself. The only positive about this is the fellow work colleagues and HR, who have been extremely supportive.

Pros

Friends

Insights into Steelite International

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Valued Employee

Like any role, you need to work hard! But you do get rewarded for doing so, if you are someone who will turn up to work on time and do a good job, then you will have a job for life with a great company

Friends for life

I have worked at steelite in various roles over the years ,I definitely have made life long friends the culture of steelite has definitely changed over my time period HR and managers are definitely more approachable and will help to accommodate any situation it is a fast paced factory with a lot of experience I can honestly say I enjoy going to work .

Happy workplace (current employee)

Good place to work, you do have your good days aswell as bad but that goes for everywhere. I have worked here for quite afew years and seen quite afew changes some good some bad but all to make the working environment a better place to work. Alot of the Managers are easy to talk to and workers are lovely. HR are always there to listen and if they can help, they will do their best to resolve any issues. One thing I can say is that there are some bad reviews about Steelite but the majority of them are from people with a grudge so will write nasty things. All I can say is that alot of people have left but then wanted to come back, or have come back so to me that says it all, Steelite must be a decent place to work.

Pros

Benefits, fixed holidays, paycare scheme

Cons

No canteen

Vile place to work

This is a horrible place to work, the senior management has no idea how the jobs should be done, middle management are just puppets and team leaders are clueless bullies who are put in leadership roles in areas they have never worked, good experienced staff are forced out through poor pay and unnecessary pressure to be replaced by untrained staff with no decent staff to train them and then constantly attacked for their inability to do a job they haven’t been trained to do but blame ALWAYS filters down to the floor staff because the childish arrogant people in charge cannot face the fact that this once thriving business is now on the brink of collapse because they have constantly mismanaged the day to day running of the site, they want quantity and quality but it’s hard to get both especially when you have an overzealous megalomaniac standing behind you with a whip. Take a look at the job advertisements for Steelite, one of the things they add as a bonus is sick pay, I was there for five years never knew anybody who had been given anything other than statutory sick pay and warnings and the threat of being sacked for being off sick. Everyone who works there agrees that Steelite’s slogan should be “minimum wage maximum effort”.

Pros

Nothing, take your Christmas bonus for being ill

Cons

Overworked, over pressured, underpaid.

Alright.

Alright, lovely people to work with however you do get pulled left, right and centre on different jobs. Management, like most jobs, could always be way better - few young&old ladies have cried in the toilets from how they've been spoken to and people have walked out from management attitude. You get really good days and really bad days.

Pros

Lovely co-workers.

Cons

Run you about.

Not so bad

Job like job, not many people. Good location. Canteen onsite. Hard job little bit. They offer contract so it is better than agency. Good HR team. Very good comminications skills.

Work and then punished for working

You work hard, do overtime, penalised for working over, no matter what more will be squeezed from you. Then you get a pay rise. Is not a rise, a rise would suggest I’ll be better off, far from it

Bad management

Decorating department is a nightmare, management treat you like scum. You won't be listened to or shown any empathy working for this company. I would high advice against it. The girls on the floor are the only positive

Not so good

The job is very poor pay for the responsibility and not so good atmosphere. Supervisors do little and are on a power trip and union is in the pockets of management.

Pros

Non

Its a job

Not many perks can be stressful and hard work for little reward management can be quite patronising. Also management don't listen to ideas people offer to life better no bonus scheme basically work work work

Pros

Cons

Many

Do not join!

By far, this is the worst place I've ever stepped foot into in my life. The management speak to you like your some sort of virus and suck the life and energy out of you. The only thing that kept you going was your colleges. I'd rather die on a hill than go back to that place!

Pros

Leaving

Cons

Joining

HR job wasn't great

I worked in the HR team and it was very clear to see that the Directors had no appreciation of the skills of the workforce. They made lots of redundancies and now have to beg for people to join. This was a very poor management decision which has left them in trouble now. The work force is highly skilled, but they are let down by an upper management team with no strategic skills. Unfortunately, this has always been the case and demonstrates the disadvantages of upper managers remaining in ivory towers. Directors were far too interested in being treated as though they are royal. If they kept all their skilled workers and let the directors go, the company would be in a better place.

Pros

The workers are highly skillef

Cons

Poor strategic decisions from directors

Good plce to work

Whilst working for steelite International I've met some great people.. My job was very easy and I enjoyed it a lot. My team mates where great and always had a laugh. The manager was a great guy and joined in with us having a laugh every now and then he always tried to please us and was very easygoing himself. If you needed time off at short notice he would ok it as long has the shift was covered.

Pros

Great team, great manager.fairly good pay with shift allowance.

Cons

Very long hour in my job role

Magazyn czysty ,suchy .

Dobre miejsce pracy. Polecam dla początkujących. Pensja adekwatna do zaangażowania.

Pros

Atmosfera

Cons

Zarobki

Terrible place to work

they dont treat you like a human, your just a number to them. They let idiots with no qualifications rule the workplace, the maintenance block is like a b+b , go to sleep with the managers blessing if you turn in drunk. Because the manager is the team leaders puppet, the manager does what the teameader says, hes too unqualified and scared of them.

Pros

You can have a kip if you want

Cons

The pay is no good

Poor not recommended

Employees are not treated fairly low pay in all areas and health and safety is a no go, only health and safety when it suits them . Most of Management have no knowledge of the job roles that they manage over human resources are full of young kids none have Life experiences.

hard working

a typical day at Steelite involved working hard from the moment you got there until the moment you left. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people i worked with as there was so many different characters it was never boring.

I have tried to be honest

As the manager/management change so does the attitude of the company. The company looks to blame whoever they can and as long as it's not a senior manager they are quite happy.

Pros

Depends on which department

Cons

Depends on which department

Warehouse operative

Steelite is a good company to work for ,the people are friendly and the working hours are good there is no weekend working there are opportunities for advancement overall I have had a good experience working here

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Steelite International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Steelite International with

Steelite International reviews by location

Learn about Steelite International in popular locations

• Steelite International
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?