Steven Eagell Toyota

Steven Eagell Toyota Employee Reviews

Really good commission wise, but management couldn’t seem understand why employees may have been tired after a 18 day straight period of working with no day off. Hours where ridiculous and spoken down to a lot. Personal home matters and illness/ sickness was a big no no else you was made to feel uncommitted to the position. Holidays were never granted and without any reasoning.
Pros
Money
Cons
Pressure selling, unfair management and very long hours
I will never recommend working here. I was treated poorly, ended up working 60+ hours a week but not being paid for it. Never ever work for this company, I used to love working for the motor trade but this company ruined it.
Pros
Cons
Long hour's, expect more work for less.
Worst company I have ever worked for. The working hours are horrific, no work life balance.Very old school approach and stuck in their ways.Avoid if you're an experienced Sales Exec they like people with no motor trade experience to brain wash.Managers have huge egos and get upset if you challenge or question them.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this company and their behaviour
Before working in this wonderful establishment I had bad experiences with management in the past that gave me a negative imagine of what managers could be, but working for Steven Eagell Toyota completely changed that for me. I was not only surrounded by a team of colleagues and managers who supported me, but a family who were there when I needed them. By far one of the best places I have worked. Definitely recommended working for this company, hard work and dedication is required however the pay off is 100% worth it!
Pros
Great commission
Cons
Not much work life balance
Really enjoyed working here. The staff in all departments were extremely friendly and welcoming. The training to get you up to speed is great and efficient and allows you to settle in nicely. Support from the management was key for my success here. They really put their arm over your shoulder when needed.
Pros
Family friendly environment
I worked as a driver in the service department in St Albans and found the dealership a really good and enjoyable place to work. The staff and management were all very supportive and helped me enormously as I was completely new to that type of working environment. Would not hesitate to go back there when the opportunity arises.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Occasional long day
My typical day at work is in the office for 08:30 for meeting get the site ready, then calling customers making appointments and getting cars ready for handover.The management are very helpful in getting you to the required number of cars sold for bonus.We have a very good team and enjoy a good laugh whilst at work, I also enjoy meeting new people everyday.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
Long hours sometimes
After working here for a year, I had an amazing experience and loved every minute. Management were incredibly supportive of me throughout the year and were consistently encouraging. They trained me from having no experience to be competent at sales and be able to confidently talk to customers. I couldn't recommend the job enough!
If you were told a complete stranger how you are treated by so called managers they would call you a liar if you have a brain and have something about you they can't wait to force you out the door. They have a culture of bullying from management.
Pros
Home time
Cons
Poor management
Pay is good. Hours are long. I worked for Toyota for 2 years to then be forced to resign. Loyalty clearly doesn’t mean anything to the company at all which is a shame.
Pros
Good pay. Good team
Cons
Bad management, long hours
I love working for Steven Eagell. I've been there 3 years and I feel the structure and overall mentality fits me perfectly. I know I can speak to my line manager and senior manager about any concerns, we have a laugh but are serious when required. I feel valued in my role and believe I will remain a member of the team for years to come. No company will be the perfect fit for every employee, but Steven Eagell is the perfect company for me. I genuinely enjoy going to work (most of the time).
Some months such as plate change month I come home with ÂŁ6k. I was working around 60 hours a week for several weeks a time. IF you break it down by the hour its not a great wage.
Management was shocking, if your face fits then its OK, if not then don't bother!! Working hours are horrendous, 90 hours in a sale event week with no day off? Also the sale events are a gimmick cant believe they haven't been caught yet.
Awful culture by managers. Will never succeed unless you brown nose to satisfy the massive egos of the managers. Everything is fed to a select few then the remaining punished for not selling to their level...
Management will run the business like a slave trade, guilt you into coming in on suck days, underpaying you and doing all they can to take from you and give nothing in return.
Managers are bullies and unfair work load. If your face fits you will be okay as long as you like being shouted at in front of everyone Top managers are not much better and only take one side even with evidance put under their nose. No apology when their proved wrong and everything gets brushed to one side and forgotten about.
Expected to work up to to he's a week it seemed as if that was per for the course. Not very helpful management, long hours. Other staff were ok got on well with the people I worked with
Never work here, management is quite shocking , they want you to know everything , don’t give you any training at all , and you would have to work 9 to 12 hours .
Consistent movement of goal posts makes job unattractive after time. Very good processes in place to ensure beginners can start selling straight away however lack of training in compliance.
A typical workday involves talking to customers in the showroom and also on the forecourt. hours on the phone bringing customers into the business and also a can-do attitude to sell cars to anyone who walks through the door on the same day. Learned how to be more confident and learn the basics in salesmanship, Management can vary based on the amount of sales managers and sales controllers working together. Gets much harder to help sales executives individually if there is a large workforce. The hardest part of the job is selling on the day as some customers are not always keen on impulsive buying and altogether losses customers.
Pros
Company car
Cons
long hours and no weekends off
a typical day at work : checking stock, replenish shelves what was learned : depending on stock, time to wait for new stock varies management : Manager had sense of humor, was serious when need be work place culture : multiple backgrounds were present hardest part of the job : tending to multiple customers and trying to keep their attention enjoyable part : being there, and part of the team.
Pros
1 hour for lunch, sense of humor was shared to keep tone light, yet in shape for business
Cons
some days, multiple customers wanted my attention