Stirling Council

Stirling Council Employee Reviews

If you do your job, then a pretty good place to work. Can be a long day - core hours are 8.00am to 10.00pm - but management try to ensure that this is not a regular thing.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
If you love working with children, becoming an SLA is the job for you! It's relaxed in terms of how much you want to work, you can be flexible with your days to suit yourself. Always had a great experience with the schools and nurseries i attended and all the staff where welcoming.
I enjoyed my time working for Stirling Council. We had a good team ethic and the pay was good. The location suited me and I really enjoyed the work that we did on a day to day basis. It gave me good experience, Holidays were good also.
Problems with the management style within certain departments and the team leaders do not have the knowledge and understanding of the working environment. Most of the team leaders are more interested in pleasing the senior managers and trying to show that everything is wonderful when there is major problem. aaissues to be dea
I love my job. I have an excellent boss who supports me to meet learner's needs with good advice, encouraging autonomy and creativity. For this reason, I feel very valued as a member of the service. I am fortunate to have positive working relationships with all my establishments and the SMT, teachers and SLAs therein. I also really enjoy working with the families of the young people on my case-list, as I keep telling them, 'they are the experts!' and I need to learn from them before I can help! Lastly, and most importantly, I enjoy working with the children on my case-list. Seeing a change for the better that I have helped to provide is definitely the highlight of the role. Supporting families who are grieving loss and/or facing difficult challenges is the hardest part (but oh so important!).
Very good work experience and a good insight into what an office like job is like . Staff are are very kind friendly and helpful when it comes to learning the basics of the working lifestyle
Pros
The experience
Cons
As a work experience job for school it was an enjoyable practical job, the workers where good company making me feel welcomed. The average day was that we where told what to do, where to do it and with what plants. It was also all complete by the deadline.
None of my references were taken up prior to commencement of employment. I wasn't issued with a contract of employment or information in writing. The position should have been temporary for 6 months but had to be terminated after 2 weeks!
Worked for Stirling Council for 4years and it is so disorganised and too many people getting away with not doing thier job properly making it harder for those who do. Lack of management and not supported when unwell. wouldnt recomend as an employer.
Pros
competitive salary
Cons
taken advantage. long hours, strefull, disorganised
Not a good place to work. Constant change and moving office is not conducive to getting the best out of staff. Staff resources an issue and only now being addressed after two years.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Poor staff parking
I spent twenty years working with children and families and have had many experiences. Working with children and watch them develop and realising how capable they are is amazing to witness. Very busy days, two days never the same. Being able to use your initiative, on occasions to be able to think and move fast. Having a good management support team is important and for staff to work together. The hardest part of the job is when negative issues arise with children and families. I stayed so long because enjoyed working in the nursery setting, the people, supportive colleagues and knowing you have been a part of the child's life
Pros
children always make you smile
Cons
Can be very tiring on your feet all day.
Liked the work, didn't enjoy the college aspect of it. Grave digging, head cutting, grass cutting etc, wide range of tasks, giving me a great experience in lots of different areas.
Pros
20% off nandos
Cons
College
While it was an interesting job, it was often run in a chaotic fashion. People in jobs they were not really fit for. Am all for restructure if ita done right. Moral amongst the workforce is unbelievably low.
Pros
good workmates
Cons
bad management
I worked for Stirling Council for 16 years as a frontline manager in waste services and a scientific officer in environmental health. SC is an active and proactive authority that encourages development. Colleagues and friends excellent to work with.
Varied and enjoyable job. hardest part of the job dealing with volatile customers, but it was a challenge that I enjoyed. Both Managers were good, you could talk to them if you had a problem.
I enjoyed my job for the few months I was there. I left only to pursue a different career path. my manager at the council was always on hand to help me.
Stirling Council is a great organisation to work for. Meeting lots of people from all backgrounds and professions. They offer a good rate of pay, along with a good pension.
Pros
Rate of pay.
Cons
To much expected sometimes.
I loved working with the football guys they were a great bunch and very funny they appreciated me and I liked booking appointments for pitches and conferences
Pros
bad boss
Cons
local
Overall a good employer. However, support not always quite so forthcoming when required. A very good learning and development ethos with no request to attend relevant courses refused. Nepotism is rife in this local authority. Very much a, "who you know" culture. Job security is practically non-existent due to all the financial cutbacks, but that is replicated by most local authorities at present and not a reflection on Stirling Council.
A Typical day at work for me is turning up having a laugh with co workers and going to work at 8am. I learned how to work as a team more efficiently, I also learned how to work with pressure such as
I loved my job with the council. Great colleagues and most seniors were very supportive. Top class training in all aspects of the job. Bad managers and good ones as well. Salary and holidays very good.
Pros
Wages and holidays
  1. Employee reviews