Stobart Aviation Services

Stobart Aviation Services Employee Reviews

Bullying staff and management don't care... holiday requests constantly refused even holidays booked 6 months down the line. Have to beg to get trained and get ignored by management and emails get ignored.Don't care about staff your just a number.
Pros
Cons
Stupid shifts. Bullying staff
I worked at the airport for 17 years great experience. Work Bank Holidays and Christmas and get your holiday in early to avoid disappointment. I loved working with friends and great crew on the airlines.
Pros
Down time
Cons
Hard working
Unbelievably incompetent management, who know nothing about the actual running of Ground Services. No support from them when needed and very rarely even seen! Everyone from Supervisor downwards is expected to just run the operation, regardless of the circumstances. Constantly undermined by management. Worst thing to happen was for Handling to be taken from the airport itself, by Stobart Aviation Services. A LOT of brilliant, skilled, experienced people have been managed out of the company for having an opinion. If you’re a ‘Yes-man’ and only care about money and yourself, then this is the perfect company for you.Only benefits are free staff parking on shift or if you fly out of Southend and good discounts on terminal shops, such as Costa and Giraffe Stop.
Pros
Free staff parking & discounts in some terminal outlets.
Cons
Incompetent management, favouritism, no one cares who you are - you’re just another number.
The job of PSA is an interesting yet challenging job. Sadly Stobart Aviation are the worst Company I have ever worked for. You will make friends for life in your team because they are the people who will support you through the tears and frustrations that you will suffer. Several members of staff faced daily bullying and public humiliations. You are given very little if any training and then expected to deal with the very serious matter of aviation safety! Be prepared to be underpaid, 4am starts, midnight finishes & rarely get paid correctly.
Pros
Cons
Bullying Malicious Managers
This is a terrible company to work for. You never get paid the correct amount (always under). Holiday requests are usually declined (depending on which supervisor you ask). You get minimal training or support yet will be thrown straight into the job and there’s no room for error/mistakes. Around a 3 month wait just to get a uniform. Narcissistic management and some supervisors are bullies, unprofessional, have their favourites and don't treat staff equally. Some of the longer serving members of staff can also be unapproachable and make newcomers feel unwanted. The majority of the helpful staff that were good team players were made redundant. Hours are very unsociable and inconsistent, you work anything from 4am until midnight. There was talks about the airport being open Xmas day pre-COVID in which case staff would be expected to work if it falls on their pattern. The job itself can be fast paced, eventful and stressful. You will occasionally encounter aggressive passengers and there’s no police or security based at the airport to protect staff as the airport don’t want to pay for it.
Pros
40% discount at costa and some other shops within the airport
Cons
As mentioned in description
The actual jobs at the airport are interesting and the majority of staff are nice people. Sadly this is ruined by the manipulative bullying management. If your face fits you may survive, but no one lasts that long! Be prepared to work long shifts, do unpaid overtime, be left alone to deal with stressful situations with no support from above. Make a mistake and you are publicly humiliated, make a second one and your out! Frequently underpaid and no chance of taking holiday entitlement so you lose it.
Pros
Nice colleagues
Cons
Nasty management no recognition for hard work bullying
Mean colleagues, horrible environment to work. Uneducated and disrespectful staff towards new co-workers and passengers. Poor trainning provided and favouritism.
Really enjoy my role at Stobart Aviation Services and work with a great bunch of people on my line. Seems it’s Still finding its feet in regards to structure and procedures but other than that management are sound and laid back most of the time but there is room for improvement on training and organisation. Glad to be a part of the team in operations at Manchester
Pros
the station manager is informative and is a pleasure to work for cheers Al
Cons
Money isn’t the best and working 6 on 3 off is rubbish
I started with my first couple of weeks working on check-in while I got used to the job. As soon as they could management shoved me onto boarding. With very little experience I was expected to board flights with 190 passengers, 30 visas and 100 hang luggages all by myself! This is usually supposed to be done by 2/3 people but they were very short staffed and never enough people to cover flights! Sometimes we'd be running around from gate to gate like headless chickens trying to board 4 flights in the space of an hour! Ridiculous! Not only that but you were expected to board these flights in 12 minutes and if it went over that time gate staff would blame the ground staff and ground staff would blame the gate staff because if not you got questioned and harassed by management!
I enjoyed working for Stobart aviation at Stansted airport. It was fast paced but been a smaller company I was soon given extra training which made me a more skilled member of the team. Its not well paid but Stobart is a company who cares about its workforce.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Stobart Aviation Services?
Working at unsociable times has its pros and cons but to work at the airport is something i enjoy. To help those travelling is a passion I fed off and throughly enjoy, as I am apart of those peoples journeys going on holiday or business travels.
Take it from me never work here ! It was great job and great working in the airport but the management are toxic they have their favourites and make you feel So unwanted! The management bully you and never Thankyou for all the hard work you do! No support at all when you have issues! Absolutely worst Company to work for !
Management are disgusting, don’t care about their staff one bit, whatever you guys do please never ever even apply for Stobart aviation, they employ literally anyone. Thankyou.
If your the type of person that will do overtime and get in early to help them out. Don't expect to stay at the company long that get rid of the hard worker and keep the aggressive and useless worker. That can barely do the job. If you get a death threat from one of the other members don't worry they will keep them on and get rid of you in a month. Management have no clue on what good staff are they just care about who can mess them about the most and complain that they don't have any good staff
Pros
Cons
Missing money from paycheck, terrible management, abusive co-workers, low paying salary
Potentially the worst job on the planet,bosses know less about the company than the new starts,no set finish time,expected to do the work of 3 people.Bullying and threatening management.Better off on the dole than working here.You have been warned.
The management and support is non-existent as is the training. Toxic staff allowed to continue unchallenged. Outsourced security vetting company are beyond useless. Left hand/right hand really don't know what each other are doing! Shift work and pay great.
Cons
Staff support