Stockport NHS Foundation Trust

Stockport NHS Foundation Trust Reviews

United Kingdom31 reviews

Got me by the short and curlies!

in my particular role, I/we are not included in team briefs, communications or decisions made by/for the department.we have NO work life balance, we have suggested Proven ammendments to the current working shift pattern to tie in with other departments within the trust, yet because the head of department doesn't want to make the changes we can not even trial it. Think long and hard before applying for a position with this emoyer!

Loved working here would never have left if I hadn’t moved Worked from home and occasionally in the office Lovely people to work with excellent bus routes canteen on site but parking is a nightmare

Insights into Stockport NHS Foundation Trust

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility

Great Place

Great place to work, good for career progression and development of skills in various manufacturing environments. Learnt alot of skills that helped develop my careers.

Pros

Hours

Cons

Parking

Not really fun

Short staffed, underpaid not appreciated and not valued as part of the team. There is no structure in place to help the new employees get settled in.

The NHS is over rated.

Worked as a Registered Nurse.Regular poor staffing levels and shortage of good staff.Senior Nurse Matrons always ready for good social media friendly photo opportunities to show how 'kind' and 'supportive' they are.Top heavy with narcissists.

Pros

Some excellent friendly and hard working health care assistants and staff nurses.

Cons

Staff shortages resulting in no proper breaks, Staff shortages resulting in staying behind to finish off paperwork, Senior nurses then suggest this is due to poor time management, Not easy to time manage when doing double workloads

Stockport is a great place to work

I have worked at Stockport over 15 years , I have great job satisfaction and work with amazing staff every day. I have been able to develop, make service changes and proactively improve my patients care.

This department (ECG) was a depressing environment

I worked at SHH 3 times ECG worst dept EVER for the last 3 years. Micro managed. Management in medicine had bullying attitudes. I personally received No support.Management support the staff who want to stay on the sickthe longest. Loved my role but worked with a lot of lazy staff members who either didnt pull their weight or were constantly on the sick. However there are a few good workers within the department that have worked there many years and are not appreciated by the management.

Pros

Cons

changed hours of shifts 5 mins notice by my manager

Nice people to work with

Made a lot of good friends over the years working there, there is a lot of training and on line training to be done, your on my feet from the shift starts to the end of the shift

Micromanaging managers

There are some great, dedicated, hard-working people here. I believe the service users are well cared for. Some of the management is rotten to the core. A culture of micromanaging and humiliating people seems to be acceptable. The bully and their sycophants is a working model. The senior management need to look into this.

Pros

If you're lucky you might get some good co-workers

Cons

Long hours. Run down buildings.

Good if management support you

Can be very very busy , not always time to get support and learning new skills can be challenging due to work load, hopefully improvements can be made when covid rates drop .

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Busy all the time

Over worked & underpaid no appreciation and no progression

I worked here for several years i was not allowed to progress in my work field .Glad to not be working there now not a good working environment. I

Pros

Friends i made there

Cons

Too much work too less staff

Not managed very well

Not very organised. Seemed a stressed place to work on the clerical side. did not see the patient facing side. Did not seem to have strong management.

Pathology- horrible work environment

I have worked at stepping hill hospital as a medical laboratory assistant and it was one of the most horrendous work environments I have ever been in. Bullying, harrasing and austrasizing staff members is normalized and acceptable behaviour. I would not advice anyone to work in pathology unless you have no other option. There is culture of racism and discrimination.

Non clinical

Poorly managed hospital where they make the rules up as they go along. The CQC really should have shut this hospital down a long time ago. The facilities are poor. Over worked and under appreciated.

Busy

Great team work very busy happy place to work management very keen to support new staff good job offers and discounts for NHS staff. The best place i have every worked.

Pathology is the worst department

Many male staff are moreorless racist and sexist. Progression and attention only given to those who have worked there more than 10 years or have contacts within the department. Members don't treat staff all the same. Poor pay, poor hours and some of the rudest individuals I have ever met.

Poor managment, Depressing place to work

There are few positives to working at stepping hill, some of the people you work with are genuinely fantastic and the fact you are contributing / being a part of something as great as the NHS is rewarding to a certain extent. Unfortunately both of these points are far outweighed by the negatives, never have I ever seen a place run so poorly and have so many managers incapable of actually managing (to the point where it would be laughable were it not so damaging), any chance of progression is zero unless you become "friendly" with said management and the pay is way below national average. We are also severely understaffed, which is not exclusive to my department.

Pros

Some truly great people

Cons

Almost everything else

Poor workplace.Bullying culture.

I worked at the hospital in 2017 and found the people I started with were having problems in different departments.Selfish back-stabbing mentality.Nurses being bullied and forced out.No back-up from certain staff members you are working with.It is a shame because the people who train you do actually care.However when you actually work on a ward you get the feeling if you are new that your face is not going to fit.I found that people had a don't care attitude towards new staff.With some prepared to do things to force you out even if you are good at your job.

Pros

Training

Cons

Too much bullying.

Very busy, dealing with a lot of enquiries daily

Every department is different everyday is very bust and fast paced, there is something new to learn everyday, depending on which department you are involved in depends on what you class as the hardest part of the job as some roles can be more challenging than others, the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you may have made a difference to someone.

Pros

Helping people

Cons

Can be upsetting and challenging

Stressful, understaffed unqualified management

The managers at stepping hill are nurses not managers. They don't know how to man manage people and moral is at an all time low. They need a mix of managers and nurses to run certain departments.

Pros

Cons

Long hours. Low pay. No advancement for band 2's. unrealistic managers.

Nice friendly trust

Had all placements at stepping hill, excellent care seen on all placements and good morale. Love my current job at stepping hill. Staffing has of course been an issue, as with most nursing areas. This is improving currently on my area. I would recommend working at Stepping Hill. They support you thoroughly to progress in your carreer.

Pros

Friendly trust, career progression supported

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stockport NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Stockport NHS Foundation Trust with

Stockport NHS Foundation Trust reviews by location

Learn about Stockport NHS Foundation Trust in popular locations

• Stockport NHS Foundation Trust
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?