Stonegate Pub Company

Stonegate Pub Company Employee Reviews

Could be better

Might just be my location but people continually talked about each other behind backs and went out of their way to pay us the least they could. Constantly cutting hours and changing shifts to save hours.

Pros

Discounted staff menus

Do not care about staff members

Long hours, no breaks or 11 hour rest period. Verbal abuse from management. Threatened if you refuse to do overtime. Shifts given out a day in advance for the week. No life outside of work.

Cons

Long hours, no breaks or 11 hour rest period, Verbal abuse from management. Threatened if you refuse to do overtime, Shifts given out a day in advance for the week, No life outside of work.

Feedback About The Service

Poor management where they are not providing the professional sort of attitude towards Employees,. Where the management thinks more about money in their own back pocket than treating employees like people but more like a tool for the job than human . Long shifts with little break time.in between with no more than twenty minutes break. Payment is minimum wage below inflation with poor pay rates .

Cons

Low pay, . 20 mins lunch break, last minute notice upon changes .

Fun working with everyone we are like a family

I have worked with stonegate in various areas and I really can't fault them good rates of pay and rewards and incentives u are part of a team and we are all good friends

Pros

25% staff discount card and staff menu is brilliant lovely food

Cons

Overall a great place to work but the pay isn't great

A great company to work for but unfortunately not a place to pursue a career in my experience. I worked with a fantastic and fun team who all mucked in and worked hard but you must be prepared to work Long hours and not have much work life balance.

Pros

Great people, Job security, hours always available, fun workplace.

Cons

Long hours, pay isnt great, no work life balance, can be very stressful

Terrible place to work

Horrible place to work, underpaid especially for the work. They only care about the money, very unprofessional place to work. May apply for one role, however you’ll be left with the roles that no one want. Hours are not very good.

Pros

Non

Cons

Under paid, not spoken to nicely

Terrible

Worked for Stonegate for 1 year and within this time I tried two different venues, as they were close to each other so you could transfer between. I was never paid correctly, even after management checking my time sheets and signing them, somewhere along the line we were always being underpaid (not the first time I've experienced this in a corporate chain). Not a nice company to work for, they don't care about staff as in this industry it's easy to replace them.

Pros

Cons

Underpaid, Long shifts, no breaks, up tight management

Busy but confident,

The best I have ever worked so far it's busy invironment but still fun loving, fast paced but still relaxed and confident. Management is very good and helpful.

Overworked, understaffed, didn’t get paid right

Got worked to the bone on long hours due to understaffing, didn’t get my *minimum wage* pay until a week after I was supposed to. Management was abysmal and clearly didn’t know what they were doing. Was getting depressed with the thought of having to turn up to work with a “smile”. A lot of bad energy around the staff, although one or two were lovely. KMS makes me want to kms 😒

Pros

I can leave soon

Cons

No one knows what they’re doing

Underpaid overworked

Stonegate only care about profits. Understaffed and overworked myself and colleagues, really stressful environment. Not paid agreed salary because of managerial error.

Pros

Cheap food

Cons

Underpaid

bad pay, bad management, great co-workers

It was extremely stressful to work at. Pay was abysmal. I would get a lot of issues from my line manager cuz I was a student as well so my days had to change- he threw a tantrum and told me that I had a job now and I have to work my life and education AROUND my job- bare in mind I was a 16hr contract and most weeks I worked nearly double that. I was put on split-shifts 2 days in a row, I was only part-time- my supervisors were doing 3 to 4 split shifts a week- that is 8:30/9:00am to closing, so friday and saturday after clean up would leave at about 3;00am and the other days of the week anything from 11pm to midnight. Constantly understaffed when we need it and we don't we are overstaffed- which leads to more stress because there isn't enough work for everyone, so the manager and dept. manager would start having a go at people that had no work to do. It was a 'stuffed' if you do and 'stuffed' if you don't situation working at the S&L. Our hours were logged onto the system manually by the manager and he is known to underpay a lot of people each month, taking a couple hours off here and there that people actually worked.

Pros

Small staff discount on food- only if you are on shift that day.

Cons

long hours, understaffed, stressful, bad pay, bad management, treated with no respect by management

Bad pay lovely people

I love working here for the people for the most part however I'm paid £6.56 an hour despite having the most bar experience of the bar associates and will have to wait over a year to get more money which is ridiculous. As I smoke I don't ever receive a break instead of 30 minutes I get 1, 4 minute cigarette break and that is it. They offer discounts for staff food however as I only do closes I never get food as I never receive a break. Employee discounts are only a thing after 3 months. I currently work 30-35 hours and don't even earn enough to be taxed.But other bar staff are lovely to work with.

Pros

Lovely bar associates to work with

Cons

Awful pay and no breaks

Worst job I've ever had

Worked here for 2 years they constantly understaff you. Don't give you enough time between shifts, wages never right, cutting hours and giving them to their friends. Full of favouritism you'll only progress if you brown nose your way there. Pay is shocking hours unreliable even my managers were misreble.

Pros

Really tried to think of at least one

Cons

All of it

awful company to work for

I was their for about 3 months in the kitchen. Although i have previous experience working in pub kitchens, i was thrown in at the deep end with very little training other than some e-learning which is simply not good enough for most jobs, let alone hospitality which is fast paced and stressful enough. you need someone to train you up properly and consistently for at least several weeks. I did do some one-to-one training with my K.M however they had a bad attitude, were always stressed and in a bad mood and would get annoyed easily if you asked questions or asked them to repeat or explain things more. If you dared make a mistake they would curse and sulk like a child.after my 'training' i was expected to know everything after the first week. From the ins and outs of the menu (which was too large and over complicated for a 'basic' pub) the spec, close down and opening procedures, the paper work.. EVERYTHING!By week two, i was expected to be able to run a kitchen on my own, even at busy periods. The work culture is very much 'live to work'. If you have a family, social life or hobbies, you are pretty much expected to give them up. You are made to feel uncomfortable if you dare have the audacity to ask for certain days off or to finish at certain times to run errands, attend appointments or to do the school run. They like to make out they are accommodating and 'family friendly' but this was not my experience unless you are a managers pet.you will regularly work 10+ hours, sometimes without a break as there is rarely enough staff to cover and you don't even get a free meal. -

Pros

Cons

everything

Priory Tavern Kilburn

A great pub I had been one and a half years working there in the Kitchen... great managers. Very friendly area managers and the salary team is really at all time helping (if something goes wrong)

Hard work, long hours fun team

Hardest part of the job right now is enforcing ad maintaining all covid guidelines even when customers don’t want to. Not having enough staff trained to do all the jobs needed. Mornings start of slow with busy lunch which are maintained in pressure to the evening. Massive on showing sports which is a huge negative if you don’t like sport as your shifts will be considerably harder when a match is busier then it had been forecasted to be. Management are great but overworked and often very stressed

Pros

25% discount, flexible holiday

Cons

Long hours, over worked, skeleton staff

Not worth your time!

I worked for a short time and it was too long anyway. Complete mess, very poor management. Zero professional training, zero preparation for work. For someone with the head in place, this place is an example of how not to run a business.

Pros

Discount for poor quality staff food.

Great company

Lack of training to progress in the company, other venues friends work at have been trained but they have different area managers, you can’t complain or go above to complain because you get pushed out

Great company to work for

Stonegate are a great company to work for, the only negative is that it’s minimum wage which personally I feel is unfair as we work until 4/5am with no added incentive. Everyone I worked with was amazing and the management at Newquay Walkabout we’re super supportive.

Pros

Company discount

Cons

Long hours & low pay

Lack of support in every way..from no staff to no support from management

If new manager takes a dislike to you...your out. clocks ticking. No matter how loyal you have been before hand.Very long shifts...mostly alone with no breaks. Moral very low.

Pros

Was a job

Cons

loads

Not good management he doesn’t care

I started here with 2 other chefs anyway because of Covid and lockdowns I returned on the December only to be working on my own all throu tier 2 got no help until the manager decided that his partner can join the kitchen to be head chef without even offering me the position anyway some else got transferred from the same company there I was getting my hours cut and treated badly. Don’t waste your time the manager doesn’t care about the kitchen team all he cares about is barking orders not doin any work lazy sat behind a computer messing about with everyone’s hours without askin you first which your supposed to do, plus you have to do all this running about including washing up as no kitchen porter

Pros

Good training

Cons

Underpaid expect your rota to change every 5 min

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stonegate Pub Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement

Compare Stonegate Pub Company with

• Stonegate Pub Company
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?