Storal Learning

Storal Learning Employee Reviews

United Kingdom85 reviews

Insights into Storal Learning

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Professional & relaxed

As long as you take responsibility for the tasks within your remit and your work is completed within the set timeframes then you are pretty much left alone.

I have been lucky to work with all age groups.

I have been working here for 9 months now and I have enjoyed it, but it does get tiring working in different rooms everyday as there are times you want to be in a specific room with key children etc. Unfortunately I feel out of place at times which causes me to feel unmotivated etc.

Pros

1 hour lunches

Cons

Poor management

Awful

This company took over our nursery over two years ago and it’s gone downhill from there. The staff are miserable and are left over ratio or on there own all day. Long serving staff are leaving because the morale of the place has just plummeted. Management don’t care that staff are miserable and just ignore all the problems. Getting a pay rise here is impossible as it reflects on the staff in your room not just you, so if you are doing everything but everyone in your room isn’t you get punished. There is no job promotion, just false promises. Avoid this company at all costs. They don’t care about you, just as long as they are getting money from the nursery they are happy!!

Pros

Cons

Over ratio; poor management; poor pay; long hours; lone working

Staff is just a number

Always left over ratio Management leave you over ratio all day and offer no help. Children go missing in the garden and parents end up finding them.Never get praised for anything good you do in that place, overall some of the staff are nice but management are shocking.

Cons

Great company to work for

I am now in my third month of employment at Storal Learning. I genuinely love it. The company Directors are driven to succeed and fully support me in my role as well as value my input and display a passion and care for what is at the heart of the business, children! Everyone is extremely supportive and a joy to work with.

Pros

Passionate colleagues

A good Company

We have been with Storal Learning for over a year now. It has been a positive start with a big change to the environment. Our previous Area Manager really supported us in developing out provision and providing resources to kick start the curiousity approach. The previous Area Manager listened to our concerns in a supportive way and was really approachable. It was also refreshing that during the dreaded Ofsted day there wasn't any additional pressure coming from higher management. During this past year it has been rewarding to see that the company supports well being in the work place, it has been nice that there has been various opportunities to focus on the practitioners well being and provide incentives to show that they value the staff.

A company to work for!

Its coming up to 3 years of me working for Storal Learning and I started off at the first nursery the company brought. As the Storal Family has expanded the continued support, care, passion from the directors has remained and they are always at arms length should you ever need them. The company is keen in sourcing staff training needs, supports staff well-being, provides great staff benefits and also offers opportunities in promotions. My role with the company started of as a deputy manager, to now a Nursery Manager and I have been fully supported in any challenges I faced. My nursery has undergone changes to the environment and newly resourced with equipment for staff to utilise and help the children’s development flourish which is key to Storal! I love my job and to work for such a fantastic company is a privilege.

Now become a home from home

After a difficult start to life at Storal Learning, I have developed a great affinity for the company buying in to their ethos. The nursery I am Managing has become like a home from home and the staff team have been nothing other than hard working and supportive. I have developed strong relationships with other areas of the management team and have great communication from other areas of the company. Every member of the team is approachable. I am watching our nursery improve every day and I am excited to see what we can now achieve.

Great Place To Work

A great setting, with enthusiastic staff and great SMT. The setting was well-resourced and the owners were always looking for ways to improve the provision.

Challenging & fast pasted

The day at Storal starts very busy, with checking emails and the downloading the bank payments for the previous days income. I have learned how to manage the admin across 18 nurseries working with the nursery managers, providing information and helping them resolve issues regrading aged debt. The nursery managers have been happy with my input have been encouraged to clear up there ledgers which is very satisfying for me and movement in the right direction. It does however feel difficult to get the nurseries to chase there debts as they are not strictly credit controllers, chasing still needs a little work and so I am leading by example.

Poor management

It's a lovely nursery and could have foot potential but the management are poor and could benefit from new management at the Weston site and the area manager too. The nursery dosent look after there staff and encourage to the best abilities. I changed jobs due to the new management.

Outstanding company!!

Storal Learning took over the nursery that I had worked at for almost twenty years - they have been a breath of fresh air!! We are actively encouraged with continuous professional development and fully supported by management to achieve our goals. Our area manager is approachable and she has the nursery's best interests at heart. Childcare is not an easy option and each day brings new challenges but the team at Old Crofts Bank and Storal Learning make challenges feel very achieveable.

Rewarding and uplifting

I have worked at rocking horse for 6 years, a couple of years ago the company was taken over by a bigger organisation and I couldn't be happier. There has been lots of positive changes to the nursery including a caring, positive, uplifting and supportive management team. Managers are all approachable and will support you in any way possible. A great bonus that comes with working for the company is performance related pay, ensuring that your hard work doesn't go unnoticed. I highly recommend this company to work for, I come to work everyday happy to be there and go home in a great mood.

Honey tree Portishead

I have worked for the company for four years. Working as a team and getting jobs done. Opportunities are always available and training is given to all employees.

I have worked for the company for almost 4 years and have found that the staff and management are great to work with and are very supportive. I have also found that management are easy to talk to when you have concerns, great place to work for

Good

Lovely to work for Honeytree nursery (Storal learning). Good resources and lovely staff. Good pay/benefits. Looks after your well being. Great location. Opportunities to do training.

Amazing company to work for

I have only recently started working with Storal learning, they are an amazing company to work for, they are very supportive for any time needed off, they provide the most beautiful setting to work in, the most amazing management team who support you through everything! I really enjoy my time at work with Storal learning.

Dedicated and supportive

Storal Learning took over my nursery in December 2018. The transition was smooth and we were kept up to date of everything that was happening. Yes changes were made, but we were always informed of this and had some input too. Storal expect high standards of childcare and promote a child focused environment, which helps to create a home from home environment. This has has encouraged staff to become better practitioners. During this challenging time, the company has kept all staff up to date of any changes as soon as they had clarity of what was going to happen. Not only did we receive information from HR, but from the owners themselves too. They have a great passion for their nurseries and will help staff as much as they possibly can when needed. They pride themselves on supporting members of staff, especially those struggling with their mental health. They regularly send e-mails with advice on where to get help and other self-care tips to support you. They also regularly review any changes and how your management team can support you on a day to day basis. After going from a small family run business into a larger company, I was worried how much it was going to change, however I should not have worried. Yes change came, but it was not for the worst. It is a pleasure to work in my nursery and for Storal Learning and I could not recommend this company highly enough, especially for those who want to become the best in their field. yes, It can be busy and hard work, but what job in childcare isn't?

Happy to be an employee

Storal Learning are a very good company to work for, they care about all of their staff across the many nurseries they own. The information sharing throughout the company has been outstanding, especially during these tough times there has not been anything missed. HR have been amazing with supporting people about mental health, sending out emails with information during these difficult time’s. I can not fault storal learning and the managers I work with. They are truly great.

Review

Lovely to work for Honeytree nursery. Good resources and lovely staff. Good pay/benefits. Looks after your well being. Great location. Opportunities to do training.

Present employee

From working under the storal learning umbrella, I feel very well looked after. The area manager is very easy to talk to if you need her for anything. The company offers a wide range of benefits and insentives for each staff member as individuals. If any staff member requests any changes to work life it is thoroughly looked into and worked out if at all possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Storal Learning. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Storal Learning with