Storal Learning

Storal Learning Employee Reviews for Early Years Educator

Early Years Educator16 reviews
United Kingdom16 reviews

Supportive and fun workplace

Ive been working within a Storal Learning setting for almost 5 months and couldn’t feel more settled in and comfortable in a workplace, staff are always working to uplift and help each other to make the day that bit more productive and the management team are highly supportive. I’m enthusiastic to see where this nursery/company will take me along my career path and how i will continue to develop my practice.

Supportive with children's best interest at heart

I transferred to Old Croft’s bank from another Storal setting as I wanted to experience another nursery after working there for 4 years. Old Croft’s bank & Storal are supporting me to gain additional qualifications as I have learnt a lot through training in house. I am excited about what the future has in store for me and love that the team are like family. OCB are very supportive and I would like to progress into management some day, using the promotion pathway. OCB allows us to have freedom with our planning & for me that is essential as a practitioner, two days are never the same and I love the challenge that we all face together.😊

Pros

supportive team and continuous development

Cons

hardwork but rewarding

Insights into Storal Learning

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Great work place

I went for an interview at Rocking horse, from the minute I had my interview I just knew it was meant to be.I didn’t feel like I had to “fit in” to be part of the team, it came naturally from the minute I started.Pay is good, management are great and helpful.I probably wouldn’t of completed my apprenticeship if it wasn’t for the support of everyone here.Can’t wait for many more years to come with this company. They is always room and opportunities to progress and reach further!

Built a good bond with the team

Fast paced sometimes stressful environment, long shifts but days go fast because it’s busy. Hard working staff and I worked with a good team. Staff moral was good but days could be tough due to number of children in.

Pros

Hour lunch break

Rewarding and uplifting

I have worked at rocking horse for 6 years, a couple of years ago the company was taken over by a bigger organisation and I couldn't be happier. There has been lots of positive changes to the nursery including a caring, positive, uplifting and supportive management team. Managers are all approachable and will support you in any way possible. A great bonus that comes with working for the company is performance related pay, ensuring that your hard work doesn't go unnoticed. I highly recommend this company to work for, I come to work everyday happy to be there and go home in a great mood.

Good

Lovely to work for Honeytree nursery (Storal learning). Good resources and lovely staff. Good pay/benefits. Looks after your well being. Great location. Opportunities to do training.

Dedicated and supportive

Storal Learning took over my nursery in December 2018. The transition was smooth and we were kept up to date of everything that was happening. Yes changes were made, but we were always informed of this and had some input too. Storal expect high standards of childcare and promote a child focused environment, which helps to create a home from home environment. This has has encouraged staff to become better practitioners. During this challenging time, the company has kept all staff up to date of any changes as soon as they had clarity of what was going to happen. Not only did we receive information from HR, but from the owners themselves too. They have a great passion for their nurseries and will help staff as much as they possibly can when needed. They pride themselves on supporting members of staff, especially those struggling with their mental health. They regularly send e-mails with advice on where to get help and other self-care tips to support you. They also regularly review any changes and how your management team can support you on a day to day basis. After going from a small family run business into a larger company, I was worried how much it was going to change, however I should not have worried. Yes change came, but it was not for the worst. It is a pleasure to work in my nursery and for Storal Learning and I could not recommend this company highly enough, especially for those who want to become the best in their field. yes, It can be busy and hard work, but what job in childcare isn't?

Review

Lovely to work for Honeytree nursery. Good resources and lovely staff. Good pay/benefits. Looks after your well being. Great location. Opportunities to do training.

Whitwick

Storal Learning took over the nursery I currently work at, as well as other settings within a chain. The take over was smooth and very little changes were made to how the nursery runs. Management at the nursery is fantastic, they are approachable, great listeners, and every question when go to them with is met with an answer. Though it can be stressful at times within the room, we work in childcare, its bound to be!

Brilliant company!

Excellent company! I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to go into childcare! The team is also amazing and we all support one another. The management team is brilliant and very understanding as well. Of course it can be stressful but every job is!

A warm and warm welcoming nursery

Storal learning provides a wide range of courses for staff to keep up-to-date within the childcare sector and other organisations. Management are very supported and have a positive impact on us.

Rewarding Job

Over the years I have worked at RHN. I had a positive experience with colleagues, management and others. Management dealt with any issues I had during my time of employment. I had the opportunities given to me to develop professionally with them. Everyday is different with new and exciting challenges. The most rewarding part of the job is knowing you have made a difference to the children.

Stay away from this company

I’ve never worked for a company that only just care about the money and not the welfare or safeguarding of the children. This company changed the whole vibe of the setting. Which was a massive shame. Very poor management that didn’t address things. They make a lot of promises but they definitely don’t stick with them. My advice is that you go to another company who will take care of you. This company only care about the ones in higher places. Definitely not the staff who work hard everyday..

lovely staff

The staff and parent are lovely to be around but the management isn't always great they often don't support staff in the rooms and stay in the office. The most enjoyable part of my job is the children and staff all of the staff in the room support and help each other when needed. I have learned a lot off of the company and am very thankful to them for that.

Nursery Review

- Parent partnerships - Activities provided for the children - Observational techniques used - Outdoor area available - Allotment area available - Healthy eating and life skills promoted - Adequate shift patterns - Poor management - Lower pay grades than some companies

Very welcoming and safe

I learned a lot working here, for example working as a team. This is a very welcoming and friendly place. all staff members are so lovely. They look after the children very well and make sure all children are happy, safe and well looked after.

Pros

Amazing staff

Cons

Sometimes irregular hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Storal Learning. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement