Storal Learning

Storal Learning Employee Reviews for Nursery Nurse

Nursery Nurse13 reviews
United Kingdom13 reviews

Lovely working environment

This nursery is a lovely place to work. I enjoyed my time here and was so sad to leave. If I could have picked up the nursery and take it to my new address as I relocated I would have. The management are really supportive and are there for you if you ever need to talk.

Pros

The food is amazing

Poor management

It's a lovely nursery and could have foot potential but the management are poor and could benefit from new management at the Weston site and the area manager too. The nursery dosent look after there staff and encourage to the best abilities. I changed jobs due to the new management.

Insights into Storal Learning

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

A+ nursery

Brilliant company to work for, I used to work here 16 years ago until I left to have a child of my own , friendly staff , good communication with parents , would love to be back

Stressful

This company’s management are not good at all, I felt bullied by the management. The place had clicks and wouldn’t get on with certain staff! The director was so rude in this place. Didn’t care about her staff one bit

Unhappy

We were taken over as an outstanding nursery by this company nearly 6 months ago and since then its sadly gone downhill. Rooms are filled to capacity and having to work bang on ratios. Staff morale is very low and many parents have raised concerns. Overall the company are mainly out for money rather happiness and safeguarding of children/staff. Company will lose many of its original staff by the end of the year.

Uncaring and too pressured

I recently left this company and I am so glad I have. The manager is awful, she only wants to talk to you to tell you off. She changes things without speaking to others. The atmosphere is awful and very stressful. Some of the other practitioners make you feel like an outcast and head office don't care about you, they only care about money coming in. The new area manager is awful and has come in with all these new absurd rules.

productive and fun working environment

really love place to work with lovely hardworking people around and they are very helpful with you, hardworking and safe environment where the children are well looked after.

Pros

free lunch hours

Cons

hardwork

fun workplace

productive and fun workplace, staff are lovely, helpful and cheerful. they support eachother in every area. management is professional and makes clear what your job and time...

Fun, lively place to work

General care duties, report writing, supervising staff and children, activity planning. Supporting parents/carers with there children's development.

productive fun work place

I enjoy working with children and helping them develop. I enjoy working as part of a team.

Pros

working with children

Enjoyable beneficial experience.

I was situated in the baby room with three other colleagues who I bonded with immediately. A typical day would be setting up rooms, making sure all the jobs have been done around the nursery such as cleaning the windows etc, played and supervised the children in breakfast club, meeted and greeted parents, made up babies breakfast and fed them, did various activities with the children which I would plan and review, nappy changes and carrying out observations on the children. I hardest part of the job was one we was staff down so the day would be harder but we always seemed to work around it and manage by working as a team. I enjoyed bonding with the children, learning new skills and meeting new people.

experience

arriving at the nursery and sitting with the children learning from the staff members. I learnt that to stimulate and make thing fun for the children , planning a few activities like dressing up learning to count objects ect. management was friendly and would let me work in different age group rooms to gain experience. co-workers were friendly to and would guide me on the right path. there wasn't any hard parts really just having to travel so far away. learning new skills to help me progress in the future with any other nursery nurse jobs.

Pros

hour lunches

Cons

travelling

fun place

i loved working at honey tree the staff are all very supportive and funny the children are amazing. the problem i had was the turn over on staff there were a lot of staff coming and going especially management

Pros

free lunches once the children had their

Cons

nice hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Storal Learning. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement