Storal Learning

Storal Learning Employee Reviews for Nursery Practitioner

Nursery Practitioner15 reviews
United Kingdom15 reviews

Great team

I have worked at this nursery for several years now. I find the team to be supportive and friendly. Overall there is a great environment to work in and for the children. I find the Manager and Area Manager supportive with my role.

What a toxic environment with poor management.

management: People talk the talk but they never walk the walk. workplace culture: Awful, Coteriethe hardest part of the job: Workplace politics

Insights into Storal Learning

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Awful

One of the worst places I've ever worked. Management are 2 faced and the higher the management don't care either. Very toxic environment.If you want to be stressed all the time then work here.

Great management team!

The nursery as a whole is a great place to work with lovely staff and supportive managers. The nursery is currently working on many improvements and they love to hear each individual staff members inputs.

Pros

Good vibes

Cons

Typical nursery wages

Avoid awful company

Storal took over in feb 2020. Seemed good at the start, but then all the promises they made didn’t happen. They totally change everything, wasn’t the same place any more. No colour . All these staff rewards and schemes are rubbish you’ve got to work 2 years under there new management to get anything!! and that’s if you last that long! Absolute shambles of management, they haven’t got a clue, as for HR they don’t respond to emails, and don’t seem to know what they are doing- too many at the top. All storal care about is making money. We were always short staffed, even worse now! Staff very stressed. They’ve had such a high turn over of staff, because of this. The pay is very bad you meet all your targets and more then you still don’t get a pay rise, or it’s only 1p it’s a joke! Awful Working environment! Don’t do it to yourself avoid this company.

Awful

This company took over our nursery over two years ago and it’s gone downhill from there. The staff are miserable and are left over ratio or on there own all day. Long serving staff are leaving because the morale of the place has just plummeted. Management don’t care that staff are miserable and just ignore all the problems. Getting a pay rise here is impossible as it reflects on the staff in your room not just you, so if you are doing everything but everyone in your room isn’t you get punished. There is no job promotion, just false promises. Avoid this company at all costs. They don’t care about you, just as long as they are getting money from the nursery they are happy!!

Pros

Cons

Over ratio; poor management; poor pay; long hours; lone working

Staff is just a number

Always left over ratio Management leave you over ratio all day and offer no help. Children go missing in the garden and parents end up finding them.Never get praised for anything good you do in that place, overall some of the staff are nice but management are shocking.

Honey tree Portishead

I have worked for the company for four years. Working as a team and getting jobs done. Opportunities are always available and training is given to all employees.

I have worked for the company for almost 4 years and have found that the staff and management are great to work with and are very supportive. I have also found that management are easy to talk to when you have concerns, great place to work for

Good company

I find storal learning to be a good company to work for, they've been very good in meeting flexible working needs without any issues. Their appraisal system is thorough but fair and based upon that, pay rises are given after completion of an appraisal which I feel is fair.

Derbyshire Nursery

Storal Learning is a brilliant company to work for, the wellbeing of their staff and the children in their care is paramount to them. Management at my setting are approachable and friendly always. Storal learning has many nurseries yet we are all one big team working hard and together to provide quality childcare.

Love it❤️

I started here in January originally in a different setting and got transferred as it was closer to home etc. Was one of the best decisions I made in my career choice. your made to feel so welcome straight away and so understanding if you have any problems or queries. Would highly recommend this company to anyone looking to work with children as it’s such a relaxed and happy place to work.

Staff well-being is important

It's a friendly company to work for and they are always supportive with the staff, they own alot of nurseries but they are all treated the same. Staff wellbeing is very important to them.

Made to feel very welcome on interview.

On interview day I was made very welcome. I was asked lots of questions relating to safeguarding what my experience of childcare is. If I have any gaps in my employment history. They were very thorough.

Fabulous nursery

The nursery is brilliant to work at, The team are fabulous and very welcoming!. The management are great and are very supportive, All rooms have room leaders as well as the Management team, The rooms are busy and fun packed with lots of learning opportunities for the children. Being a parent as well as a staff member too of a child who has learned a lot out of this nursery and is still exceeding) The nursery is very good!. Lots of leaning opportunities for staff too with trainings etc

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Storal Learning. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement