Stride

Working at Stride: 12 Stride Reviews

United Kingdom12 reviews

Productive workplace

All the staff was very nice and supportive as this was my first job. My typical day was fairly easy as I was entering information into a database and fact-checking the existing information. overall it was a lovely introduction to the working world.

Pros

Sandwich van that called every day

Cons

a little monotonous

Great alternative curriculum for students unfortunately closed

An alternative curriculum provider for students unable to access mainstream education. Provided quality vocational courses and functional skills. Students progressed onto college or apprenticeships.

Pros

Students/staff

Cons

Wage

worst company that i have worked for

overworked and extremely underpaid. had to make 100 plus cold calls at a pound a sale. targets were ridicules no chance to advance within company

Apprenticeship

Gained my level 2 qualification in retail with STRIDE, where I worked and studied. I gained a lot of skills working here, it got me into wanting to work with customers and being in a retail environment.

fun workplace

the apprenticeship was like working in a actual salon it was very fun. the staff were lovely and taught the whole class everything they needed to know

an amazing place to work

the whole team are am amazing bunch to work with. everyday is fun at work. i learned alot about working with customers.

Very productive and fun place to work

Arrive to work and finish off any jobs that wasn't finished the day before and wait for the delivery for that day. Unload the lorry and stack the furniture that is flat-packed in the storage area of the warehouse and then start building the ones that came in. Once built then load the van so that they can be delivered to the shop and if any are in the shop that customers have bought then deliver them to the customers. Management were great to work with and so were the co-workers. The hardest part of the job was to find the bits that were missing from the flat-packs like screws and nails etc. The most enjoyable part of the job was building the furniture and delivering the furniture to customers and the shops.

Pros

great colleagues to work with

A very exciting job to do

It was a great stepping stone into work. it gave me the feel of the workplace and what standerds of work are acceptable.

i diliked his

i really disliked this work as everyone who i worked with were always lacking at work and took breaks evry 5 minutes

a very enjoyable workplace

stride: building and assembling furniture to given instructions: responsible for own quality control and ensuring high standards finish: reporting any damage to supervisor: shrink wrapping on completion: delivering to customers ensuring high standards of customer service: machine preparing wood for kindling, shrink wrapping and storing for delivery.The only hard thing about this job was unloading the big lorry full of furniture apart from that this was a really enjoyable job as it was sad that i had to go because it was only a 12 month contract.

Pros

one lunch

Cons

25 hours a week but i had tax credits to top up my wages

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Stride?

good times

i learnt alot from my time at stride and refreshed ways of working for me

Pros

lots of people to work with

Cons

deliverys

good people to work with, low pay

i like my time at stride made a lot of friends although the pay was only minimum wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stride. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement