new council housing manager in ebley
clock in culture
The Housing manager was a tyrannical fool. I believe he was sacked for bullying. There was no embracing of modern work practices. There was a poor attitude to innovation.
Service Desk Analyst (Contract) in Stroud, Gloucestershire
Slow paced, too many engineers for the amount of work
On average there was about 10 tickets a day, too many engineers for the work load. Very nice, friendly team to work with however there was no manager. Majority of tickets are very basic, no technical work available.
Casual Recreational Officer in Stroud, Gloucestershire
Great place to work
Great place to work good work environment great staff group learning all the time very friendly Atmosphere would highly recommend work for Stroud district council
Customer Service Advisor in Stroud, Gloucestershire
- Telephony-based role answering queries both on the phone and responding to emails relating to the implementation of a new scheme and helping make orders, check if additional help was needed, confirm changes of the scheme and manage client expectations.
- Management was friendly and helpful
- Workplace culture has a range of knowledgeable staff who were friendly and helpful
- Main difficulty were hours were difficult to commute with public transport from other locations and made for long days
- Most enjoyable aspect of the job were the people
Temporary role in Stroud, Gloucestershire
Can't think of anything lol
Temporary role to assist the customer services team with the new recycling being brought in. Poor training, listening skills, badly set up scheme as people were given wheelie bins that really shouldn't have been allocated them, no consideration given to elderly residents either. My colleague and I were brought in over a month too soon and sat mostly job hunting on our phones simply because this is a contact centre type role though the team we worked with did the same, which then suggests that maybe there were far too many of them.