Stuart

Stuart Reviews

United Kingdom43 reviews

Good pay when there's work going

I work within Liverpool for Stuart. When the pay is good, it's good within the boundaries of part-time work. It would be difficult to make a substantial living working for Stuart as you are not guaranteed any wage as you are fighting for shifts every week with other employees. Working in quieter zones and not actually doing anything at all until you get a job is about the easiest job you can do, getting paid by the hour to do nothing at all. However, on weekends there tends to be more to do, though this is fairly simple work of delivering a package from and to a location with minimal interaction with other people.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

No guarantee of any shifts

Easy application but hard to make a living

Unless using pre-booked slots (which in my area was extremely competitive to book) I found it is extremely hard to make a living. This is because the delivery range is quite so take a long time. That is if you get a delivery which sometimes can take quite a while.

Insights into Stuart

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Supportive environment
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Delivery driver today don't give a good money in May opinion, but if you compare Stuart with another delivery companies, it's reasonable good.

Delivery driver today don't give a good money in my opinion, but if you compare Stuart with another delivery companies, it's reasonable good. It's OK, they pay you on time.They are reasonable, they can help you in a difficult situation.

Pros

reasonable good money.

Cons

It's OK.

Excellent, fun, relaxed and collaborative company!

Excellent, fun, relaxed and collaborative company! Great team, always supportive and friendly to everybody, highly recommend! Great benefits, company values and career advancement possibilities.

Pros

Team, work-life balance, benefits, location, support, values, career advancement.

Cons

No cons.

Flexible job, great for extra money

Good job for someone looking for extra income. At first it was great job, but now they have loads of delivery drivers and they seem not to care any more, so the delivery rewards are lower now then 2 years ago.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

The wage is getting lower instead of higher

Reasonable work flexible but pay getting less and less.

Worked on and off for 3 years now and the pay has gradually reduced by about 40% since I started. Still reasonable pay and great flexibility but as they keep reducing pay month by month I am moving on to better companies out there.

Work on your own time, Competitive earning (earn based on deliveries)

If you don't rely on booked shifts (minimum guarantee) pay can be really inconsistent, And often time depending on pick up locations can result on long waits meaning less money earned.

Pros

Work on your own time

Cons

Inconsistent pay

Working via app, receiving orders, picking up and dropping off to instructed location

Working on your own, anytime you can just long into Stuart app to receive job offers, which you can accept or reject.The amount of work you get via app depends on a number of factors; such as: number of riders working/number of orders placed by customers.This was stressful as there is constant uncertainty in how much you can earn. And having to work in bad weather, traffic, having to drop off in residential areas, which might be impractical when trying to park close to customer drop-off point.You are classified as self-employed, although given that all the work comes through the app, so you are very much like an employee.If you have an accident on the road you are very much on your own. and if you are sick and this is your only job, there is no sick pay.Overall I would not recommend the job, unless perhaps on a casual part-time basis, or if you are looking for other job opportunities in-between.

Pros

Work when you want - provided that there is demand!

Cons

Dependant on app, which can be very quiet, so some days you earn little. Also no perks such as holiday pay.

Summary

I had fun while I was doing the job but after a time I started to be unhappy as they taked so much people to work doing food delivery in the platform They started to remove bonus and the pay wasn't the same

Meh

Working for them is a bit confusing as there are a lot of rules and mechanics around booking slots and working in them that are not always fully explained. They also don't really reply to messages even though they have a chat feature. The pay is ok but you can't really live off of these apps, don't bet on doing them forever and they are also very tiring. Good luck in life I don't wish this kind of work on you.

Pros

Slightly better than Uber

Cons

Long hours, bad rider support, poor gps

A year on...Still not on-boarding

i first applied at this company almost a year ago, emailed them chasing the progress of my application they come back with "not on boarding in your area", everytime. And I keep on seeing new members regularly. I think to work for such a company you have to buy your way in, see a man on the inside and literally pay them to add you to the system. very disappointing.

Pros

take forever to get you on board

Flexible Hours, decent pay!

Stuart is one the most competitive delivery company's out there, paying better rates than Uber Eats. Your pay is weekly and you can see a running total of your earnings. They link you to support with filing your tax return and provide some employee perk schemes (they're not amazing but alright). They run competitions and keep staff updated with newsletters on any upcoming events or changes.The help centre staff are polite, quick to respond and very helpful!The only downsides to this job is as a car driver expect to wear your vehicle down quickly if you are doing full time hours. Regular maintenance is a must! Insurance can be pricey but it is easy to make the money up.

Pros

Flexible, Self Employed, Support Centre, Stress free

Cons

Will wear down your vehicle

Waste of time,avoid avoid avoid

This is yet another ridiculous company that won't be lasting too much longer,surely their days are numbered. There's far too many reasons for keeping your distance from this company but heres just one.....I told them I changed my mind about starting work for them but they still sent me out a delivery bag,it cost me £5 to return it to them and they won't pay me for doing so (despite the thermal bag being worth £30!) Not a proper job.

Unfair Companys to Work for

Their business model is not fair like competitors. They have lack of everything in every department. They need to learn from competitors. Paying more money to drivers wont save their business but fair policy will keep them alive.Recently they have terminated hard working drivers due to petty reasons like " we couldn't geo localized you" it is more because of internet in bed weather internet doesn't work properly every one knows that but they terminated drivers those who are working in every weather, paying insurance, taxes, petrol wear tear expanses etc. They will terminate you because you were in the restaurant waiting too long to collect order, its down to restaurant not driver. They will terminate you because you register as a biker but you start using car ( Slef employees should be able to decide what type of transport they want to use) transport type can be changed due weather conditions, in winter you cant use bicycle easily or motor bike ,in summer bikes are preferred transport but they will terminate you for this reason.In some cases they suddenly discovered that some drivers insurance are not genuine in the middle of the year and can't be bothered to confirm with the insurance provider but it easy for them to terminate them poor self employed delivery driver.There behaviour and attitude as a employer is not professional and not worthy to work for them.They need to think who drive your business the delivery driver, if you keep doing this someone else fill that space. Treat your employees as you treating customer otherwise you will become history like other -

Pros

Pay rate

Cons

Unfair and wrong treatment with driver

Good for flexibility and exercise

It's not a bad job if you don't mind minimum wage, since you have infinite freedom. Work as much or as little as you want (if you can book slots). You can end up 8 miles from you start location if you're unlucky, but to avoid this you can work off slot or use another company app. However it's usually best to have the per hour guarantee unless it's very busy. Nice cycling job, explore the city and earn what you need.

Pros

Flexibility, exercise

Cons

Low pay, rain, doing taxes

Totally flexible and well paid

Get paid on how hard you work, no manager , helpful support team. Competitive rates of pay compared to other couriers. Can be used full time or part time

Never got to the employment stage

After 5 weeks of going back and forwards supplying innumerable documents, filling in forms and doing tests, I gave up and found a job elsewhere. Then a week later I got an email saying that my application was on hold, but I could resume it. No thanks. I've got better things to do with my time. Maybe they're a good company to work for, but I never found out (not for the lack of trying...)

Immature system

I have been working as delivery driver for long time. I just want to help you in your journey. With no slott option you have full flexibility in work.

Pros

1, it pays the highest for each delivery on an average. 2, it shows you where is restaurant and customer at the beginning. 3, You can cancel job in first three minutes in no slott option. 4, It has slott system with conditions with minimum wage.

Cons

1 help with chat who will give you any info wrong or right following their interest, 2 they don't have clear waiting at customer address policy, 3 the app itself has wrong info about waiting time in restaurant and customer, 4 you might do more long distance orders than other platforms.

I don't trust them.

The company pay you for delivery plus bonus per delivery only Friday and Saturday. The other days, you can get multipliers for example: 1.1 or 1.3 that mean 3x1.1 = £3.3 or in case of bonus, £3+multiplier=3,3+bonus £2 = £5.3 per delivery. If you do 2 deliveries/ hour you get around £10/hour. Sometimes you get 1 delivery in 3-4 hours because they setup the system to give deliveries to the ones are closer or the ones that have scooters and the ones that have priority... that is discrimination, really. You are not paid for waiting time in restaurants and if you don't contact customer service, they can flag you and if you get a few flags, they can close your account. There is no option in the app to say, I received the order from the restaurant, i'm on my way to deliver. There should be a button in the app to be pressed when the rider arrived at the restaurant and one after the rider collected the order from restaurant and from that time should have an elapsed time to deliver. They made a lottery bonus for riders but they cut the weekend bonuses for a delivery... The minimum hours you can work, you don't get it... because they are secured for other older riders or i don't know because everyone complains they can't get a place to have minimum hours... even if you get, you can get from 2 hours to 4 hours ... I have applied from march and got interviewed in June.. really ? They send me a 60 Litre backpack... around 3 Kg ... and they say you can deliver 12 kg. Okay, and the backpack wight about 3 kg... also I seen nobody in my life with a 60 Litre backpack... in their -

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Not enough work

Not truthful...

I will try to stay as neutral as possible, worked nearly 4 years for these guys on and off. My 1st year was really good I made some good serious money. Now I am lucky to make £4.00 in six hours. I talk to support and their response is always generic saying the same thing again and again...

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Not reliable work with a steady income

Rubbish

Wouldn’t recommend this company no interest in employees and always men on the ground who get blamed for mistakes never managements fault and unrealistic time frames

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stuart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement