Studio Retail Ltd

Studio Retail Ltd Employee Reviews

This place is good to work because the hours are flexible and the staff are friendly.The targets were easy to hit and you always rotated jobs so you would be doing something different.
Don't know a single person who's worked there for more than a day without quitting. You stand in a loud room all day, get a ten minute break where smokers aren't allowed to smoke, if you leave your car in the main car park you'll be locked in, get randomly stopped and searched by security in your way out. Left after 3 hours
Pros
Cons
The entire job
If a place where management thinks it’s acceptable to chew other staff members out in front of a team is fine by you then work here. If a place where management will shout across the open plan office in dehumanising reference to staff is for you, even when the staff have done zero wrong, then work here. If you feel humane treatment, respect and decency is a priority then don’t. Really, just don’t.
Pros
Good site.
Cons
Management’s Dickensian attitude to staff.
Lovely place two work for always understood things and was never horrible the bosses I had was excellent and very understanding there's 2 parts 2 studio I was on one side and the side I was on was excellent couldn't say they horrible as they won't some off the permanent staff though we'll they was hard work but once u figured them out u was fine the bosses was excellent 2 get on with aswell if the hours won't so long I'd off loved two stayed there but was two much in the end wen u a single parent.
Pros
Free brews
Cons
A very unprofessional place to work for. The Managers have no clue what they’re doing.There is No job security and they treat people like they’re disposable. no consideration or care for workers. During this COVID pandemic they forced people to come in when they had been a contact of a confirmed case. Majority of the staff ended up with covid due to not following social distancing.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and rubbish pay no social distancing
If you need money straight away and you are more then happy to wait and apply else where then apply at Studio LTD. My experience there was horrendous. I worked on floor 2 and it was fast paced environment, the manager needs to calm down with the expectations as they want you to do too much. Personally I would never go back there again. I would rather be stuck on universal credit then work there. Working environment is good and canteen area is nice. That's the only good thing I can take away from my personal experience.
Pros
Canteen
Cons
Manager, work experience and expectations.
Avoid at all costs, you'll be expected to work 60 hours each week for the national minimum wage Monday - Friday 12 hours a day. There is no work life balance with these hours!
Pros
Cons
Long hours at single pay
Treat you like a dog and wold have you put down if they could once they no longer need you....................... ..... ............ ..... ...
I enjoyed working with the people in my team, however if you're temp , job security isn't guaranteed , It is fast paced but easy to pick up as people are friendly and helpful if you get stuck
Plenty of work end of year but it falls off in January sadly so was made redundant mid January, I’d have stayed but wasn’t offered full time only zero hour Contract but they say they’ll call me later in the year (oh & don’t waste money on union)
I would recommend working at Studio Retail Ltd, as the people there are very friendly and helpful. The management are also so relaxed that they don't bother you unless they need to give you feedback or if I needed their help with my work.
Before I started I had heard that studio had a bad reputation, this reputation was accurate ...... The company has no moral compass, either in the way it treats staff or customers, several members of the management and training teams have narcissistic personality disorders. The whole experience was unpleasant
I really enjoyed my time at Studio Retail. I have learn't about packing as I have never done it properly before. Excellent colleagues and management.
Nice i was happy to work in those companies Administration and team leaders are nice and good helpful persons. Working in those companies i learn more experience.
All the people are bright but you never have work to do they always under pay u and if u have problems at home them dont care you can graft as hard as u want they have no loyalty and the managers couldn't manage a group of 5 year olds.Don't recommend to anybody apart from a 16 17 year old who just wants a bit off pocket money and you never get the hours your promised
its a good place to work if you want a relaxed office environment but it can become a bit mundane and repetitive over time, also the food there is gross please take your own!!
Its very good.i liked their environment. Very co operative and helping staff. I'm satisfied with this job.highly recommend to work there.and also purchasing from there.
Studio is a great place to work, the business is developing quickly and atmosphere is friendly and relaxed. If you are ambitious, there are real opportunities to progress in your role or to move to other departments. The culture is flexible, with a 36.5 hour working week and flexi start and finish times.
Pros
Warm and friendly colleagues, lots of support.
Cons
Onsite parking gets very busy!
Simply put, DO NOT work here, unless you have no other choice. I am grateful for the work experience, but feel like I have done my time here. - Very long, draining hours standing on your feet: up to and including 12 hours each day, often 4-5 times a week, in the close run up to Xmas, leaving you with little to no time to do anything else, especially when working an 8-8. You sometimes have the option to work weekends as well. - Since its a zero hours contract job, sometimes you will leave at around 1 or 2pm in the least busiest moments, so you could only work 5-6 hours a day on minimum wage. - Breaks are super short for the amount of hours you work, especially the 10 minute afternoon break, in which after 3.10 you are on your feet until 6.15 if you work till 8, which is a killer. - People cherry pick a lot to find the lightweight parcels on the production line, which is frustrating when you are working correctly, and are being left with the large, heavy items. -Machinery can occasionally be very loud when tubs get stuck. However..., despite the negatives, both the perm and temp employees are lovely and friendly, especially the job trainers who are very patient with you when you are learning. Although it can occasionally get stressful, most of the time you are working in a relaxed atmosphere, with sound supervisors. The radio also helps keep you motivated, and the work is easy once you have got used to it.
Since starting at Studio Retail 3 years ago I can honestly say that there hasn't been a single day when I have not wanted to come into work. Although every day is really challenging and things change in a heartbeat the atmosphere is always positive and there's lots of support from fellow colleagues & management. Pro: Great Development opportunities Flexible working Work life Balance Amazing Discounts Cons: Insufficient car parking spaces Canteen can be a little hit and miss
In customer services, they are really working hard to improve how we interact with our customers. Really busy, but loads of fun! There is a big emphasis on our development with more time now with our TLs. During peak we are asked to do different jobs, but it gives a bit of variety to our work/role.
Pros
People, Benefits
Cons
A bit dated
  1. Employee reviews