Study Group
Study Group Employee Review

Appalling Company

24 June 2016
Work for study group if you want to be worked like a slave and they still want more. Colleagues off sick with stress and high turnover of staff. Do not waste your time here. There are thousands of better organisations to choose from.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Honestly none
17 July 2019
Same role
Administrator (Current Employee) - Brighton, East Sussex
I have been working at the Brighton office for some time. While the people who I work closely with are delightful, the company as a whole is a mess. Staff are low paid despite having enormously complex and important roles within the company. Worse, we are infantilised by managers with incentives like hmv vouchers and trips to lasertag. There is little or no progression, with almost every job advertised going to an outside hire, and the executive team wonder why job satisfaction as at 55%. Worst of all, the Global Executive Team force us to celebrate them at every opportunity, as though bringing Crispy Creme twice a year and handing out roses to women on International Women's Day will make up for the boring and fragmented lives we have to lead. Can't wait to find something new.
Pros
Cons
No progression, un-meritocratic, terrible pay
18 February 2021
Support Staff (Former Employee) - Stockton-on-Tees
This was one of the best jobs of my career. The role was fast paced, but that is education. It was really satisfying to have the interaction with and to help the students. The staff are lovely and everyone is supportive. You need to have a good level of skills and the ability to think for yourself, but the pay and job descriptions reflect that. The roles generally require a degree multi-tasking so you need to be able to manage your time effectively. The company is very people focused and my opinion really goes over and above to support staff however they can. If you have the skills required, you are a hard worker and student focused then don't hesitate to apply.
Pros
Great staff and good team ethos, Lots of training given, opportunities for career advancement., 25 days paid holiday PA
12 December 2020
Staff (Former Employee) - Stockton-on-Tees
I strongly recommend against working for Studygroup. Staff that work hard only get burdened with more tasks and responsibilities. Staff often work over thier hours and many have left due to work place bullying. Higher management have no regard for workload and often change thier mind last minute.Students are just a money source and higher management don't really care for thier overall wellbeing.
Pros
Reasonable pay and decent teaching staff
Cons
Worst place I have ever worked, High turnover of staff, bullying culture which is enforced by higher management.